No announcement yet.

#12 WSU @ #18 UNI - Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, I'm proud of UNI's fans for not rushing the court or starting "overrated" chants. Sure didn't take long for teams like Tulsa to start them against us in games we ended up winning by double digits.

They've got generally good fans.
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Evan hits a trey to start the game and Baker follows with a lay-up in transition; I'm thinking we're $hittin' in tall cotton.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        Evan hits a trey to start the game and Baker follows with a lay-up in transition; I'm thinking we're $hittin' in tall cotton.
        Tall cotton turned into a cotton swab unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          Good grief dude.

Here, let me help you out with teams to cheer for where you might be less disappointed than as a WSU fan:

College Football - Alabama
          College Basketball - Kentucky

NFL - Patriots
          NBA - Heat
          MLB - Yankees

HTH...
          Your attempt to make me appear as a band wagoner is pathetic. Sympathy sent you way...dude. Like I say, I do not like to lose at anything.
          When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

• It's only one game guys and it was on the road vs a very good team. We see top 25 teams lose on the road to teams made of poo all the time and hell Miami lost at home to Eastern Kentucky by 28!

I would just chalk this one up to "one of those nights" and move on. It happens and just move on.
            2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
            2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
            2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
            2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
            The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• When is the last time we beat a ranked team? We just dont seem to do very well against ranked teams.
              Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
                When is the last time we beat a ranked team? We just dont seem to do very well against ranked teams.
                We have been paying ranked teams on the road. That matters.
                “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                  I'm only disappointed because I felt this was the game to finally break the barrier and beat a quality team.
                  What the hell?

Comment

• Made a lot of mental errors and couldn't hit water if we fell out of a boat shooting wise, UNI played phenomenal. Could count the amount of teams in the country on one hand that could go into that atmosphere the way UNI played and win. Let's all take a chill pill, this Shox team is damn good and will be a top 5 seed, regardless of this outcome the nature of the beast is the tournament is what matters most. Look at how UCONN and Kentucky were doing late January last year. I'm going to enjoy this large pizza and Yuengling and selfishly hope this loss sends the Shox to Charlotte in March. Beers on me.

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                      We have been paying ranked teams on the road. That matters.
                      Yes, but have we beaten any of those teams on the road? We cant truly be cosidered road warriors if we arnt actually beating tough teams on the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                        I would like to see Shaq and Carter both start.
                        I'm totally down with this. Anything to get 'No Load' Wessel off the court.

Comment

• I'm not quite getting the let's take a chill pill admonitions. Seems to me that for the most part Shockernetters are taking this loss relatively calmly and pragmatically. I sure don't sense any particular panic or meltdown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                            this is the most worried I've been about our ability to play postseason ball since the 2010 season.
                            Me too. Saw it first in the Utah game and immediately became worried about post season.

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                            Our bench is not good enough to play with high level teams. They're young, and they're going to get better ... but at this point in the season I really hoped to see more than one consistent player come out of that logjam. Guys like Brown, Kelly, Bush, Holland, etc. have had opportunities to take that next step and just haven't been able to do so. This is probably the weakest bench I can remember under Marshall. We have solid players 1-6, and that drops off to "good enough against most Valley competition" 7-10, and then just flat out unreliable against anyone past that.
                            Still crossing fingers for Shaq. Absolutely showing signs....but Coach is afraid to play both Carter and Shaq at the same time due to possibly getting both of those guys in early foul trouble. There's NOTHING behind them should they both be on the bench with fouls.

I don't buy into the sky-is-falling! nonsense of some people here, and I still think we have an excellent chance to beat UNI at home, and excellent chances to win both the regular season and Arch Madness. However, I have a hard time seeing where success in the NCAA tournament is going to come from, barring favorable matchups, a significant change from some of our lesser players, or a major hot streak from one of the big three from the perimeter.
                            Boom!!! Either 3 of those come to fruition and we WILL have a chance to win a couple maybe even a third game in March .

This isn't our ceiling by any means, but I'm pessimistic about our chances in the tournament without some changes. We have to be able to handle good post players to have a chance at a solid run in March.
                            Yep. We will continue to have problems guarding the post until Coach has the confidence to play both Carter and Shaq at the same time. Too bad we don't have one more quality big man this year. I've completely given up on Nurger for this year at least about 14 games ago. Bush not showing much better. :(

Oh...btw... I LOVE defense but when we need POINTS...maybe it's time to insert Glass. He seems to have good offensive energy and gulp...kinda reminds me of Early on occasion.
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                              I'm totally down with this. Anything to get 'No Load' Wessel off the court.
                              Wsu had him off the court already this season - it ended up where wsu struggled (lost a game) and struggled with passion. Wessel does a lot that not shown in the box score that makes baker and fred look better.

Comment

• At the end of the day all our loses amount to the lack of depth we have in our front court. I mean the fact that we had wessel guarding tuttle speaks volumes to the lack of depth we have in the front court. Shaq is starting to show some bright spots but he is prone to foul trouble, nurger really isnt much more than a 6''10 sg he has no real post skills. We just lack depth this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X