No announcement yet.

#12 WSU @ #18 UNI - Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall is a sly dog. UNI wins this and their RPI and ranking will jump. We loose on the road to a ranked team (again...sigh) we don't take that big of a hit. Now the next two times we play and beat them it'll help our ranking and RPI! Also, they might show up a little over confident. I'd take 2 out of 3 especially if one of those is the MVC championship game! Oh that Marshall.
    I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
    If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• We have no offense today--can't hit anything and playing so far from the basket.
      Credit to UNI. Excellent game by them today. The totally outplayed us. They will pass us
      in the polls---and we will meet again.

Comment

• What conference was UNI in in 1982?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
          Sooooo, where will be ranked?
          Well No. 8 ND lost, #14 Lost VCU lost (but won earlier this week), #23 Miami lost

No. 21 GT won (but lost one earlier this week), #17 WV won twice, #22 Indiana Won (but lost ealier this week), #25 Butler Won, #18 UNI won

So it kind of hard to say - depends I guess how bad WSU is penalized for getting blown out

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            This is why I just want to get to March.

Because this is just one game for us.

And UNI will lose another game this year. We won't. And we'll win the Valley and roll these guys at the Chuck.

But good Lord we look like poo.
            I'm just trying to enjoy the ride to March. I don't expect a very long stay. Eventually we'll have to play schools as good as UNI and Utah in the dance, and I have zero confidence we can play that level of ball. At least we'll keep Ron and Fred and give Shaq and co. another year to improve.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
              I'm just trying to enjoy the ride to March. I don't expect a very long stay. Eventually we'll have to play schools as good as UNI and Utah in the dance, and I have zero confidence we can play that level of ball. At least we'll keep Ron and Fred and give Shaq and co. another year to improve.
              You're pathetic.

Explain Seton Hall, Alabama, and Tulsa.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                20th.

We've been "exposed".
                you are correct

Comment

• Originally posted by LandStander View Post
                  Marshall is a sly dog. UNI wins this and their RPI and ranking will jump. We loose on the road to a ranked team (again...sigh) we don't take that big of a hit. Now the next two times we play and beat them it'll help our ranking and RPI! Also, they might show up a little over confident. I'd take 2 out of 3 especially if one of those is the MVC championship game! Oh that Marshall.
                  *lose not loose. You lose a game by not playing loose. End of grammar lesson.
                  Go Shocks!!

Comment

• 3 of 19 for three will doom any team

Comment

• I still don't wanna call this game yet.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• 42 points in 35 minutes won't win you a lot of games either.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• they cry every time they foul no natter how obvious the foul us
                          Last edited by forevershockerfan; January 31, 2015, 04:59 PM.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Brick CITY on this particular day. Man...
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Dshocker View Post
                              *lose not loose. You lose a game by not playing loose. End of grammar lesson.
                              Thank you. Tough to proof read with head up watching the game. Hopefully everything is correct
                              I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                              If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• We should be down by 30.
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X