Coaches Show 1-5-2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
    You should try being an aerospace engineer. Hell, they don't even have to be lay people. Its actually worse when it's other engineers who don't have any of the background or history for what you are working on.
    Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
    You and i should hang out. I think we would get along pretty well. :-)
    Until the first time you two disagreed on something... anything... because then it would be an instant duel to the death. Engineers are never wrong in their own mind, so while they are perfectly docile when solitary and unchallenged, they turn into raging maniacs when placed around one another - much like housecats.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      Until the first time you two disagreed on something... anything... because then it would be an instant duel to the death. Engineers are never wrong in their own mind, so while they are perfectly docile when solitary and unchallenged, they turn into raging maniacs when placed around one another - much like housecats.
      That's the perception of us that most people have of us, but it's usually not true. With me, it usually only comes to that if I have a really high degree of certainty that I'm right, which just doesn't happen that often. More often than not there is so much uncertainty that we disclaimer the hell out of everything we say.

Comment

• I've never seen a fight between engineers before but one time I saw an engineer and a conductor almost come to blows. It wasn't pretty.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
          I've never seen a fight between engineers before but one time I saw an engineer and a conductor almost come to blows. It wasn't pretty.
          When it does happen Shock Value is pretty spot on. At my first employer the shouting matches were a regular occurrence. But that was mostly a function of the working environment at that awful, awful company. it was really entertaining if you weren't involved.

Comment

I've never seen a fight between engineers before but one time I saw an engineer and a conductor almost come to blows. It wasn't pretty.
            Ok, I admit it...I laughed.....:)

Comment

I have seen this too. Hell, I was on one end of it. :)

Comment

What instrument did the engineer play?

I bet it was trumpet or percussion. Nothing but trouble-makers.

Comment

Orchestra or train? I'm just trying to visualize.
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• And everyone wonders why engineers take so much heat. Think TRAIN as in choo choo for some of you:)

Comment

And everyone wonders why engineers take so much heat. Think TRAIN as in choo choo for some of you:)
                      Oh, so you mean the chuga, chuga, choo, choo train. I totally understand now.

Comment

And everyone wonders why engineers take so much heat. Think TRAIN as in choo choo for some of you:)
                        I would think that the fireman would take more heat than the engineer what with stoking the boiler and all.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                          I still can't believe that callers actually call in to give Marshall "advice". He's the freaking national coach of the year, there's nothing that any fan can tell him that he doesn't already know or hasn't considered. Imagine having to deal with that at your job, where you may be an expert in your field, and you have to sit there and take "suggestions" from lay people. I don't think I could do it.

That's a good way to describe it. He's more patient about it than I would be too. I'd be tempted to say, "so who's paying you almost $2 million a year for YOUR basketball know-how, Bucko?"

Comment

• Yea the advice usually come from the elder statesman, who are going back a few decades...some of the comments I feel he kida geets a kick out of it...if it doesnt go to far

Comment

• Every coach has to deal with unwanted criticism and advice. It's just part of the job. The stuff that Marshall hears is nothing compared to most. Go over to phog net and read what they have to say about Self sometime. It's terrrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X