No announcement yet.

Shaq??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm wondering if the change in officiating has caused Fred to be more frustrated. Last year there was a huge emphasis on freedom of movement and giving offensive players more of an advantage in order to increase scoring. It worked, so the NCAA has done an appt Dave this season and strong has gone way down ask across the country. I wonder if fouls that were called last year are not being called this year, leading to Fred's frustration and annoyance with officials.
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
      I'm wondering if the change in officiating has caused Fred to be more frustrated. Last year there was a huge emphasis on freedom of movement and giving offensive players more of an advantage in order to increase scoring. It worked, so the NCAA has done an appt Dave this season and strong has gone way down ask across the country. I wonder if fouls that were called last year are not being called this year, leading to Fred's frustration and annoyance with officials.
      I see where you're getting at, the freedom of movement POE came last season and is still a POE this season. Of the games I've watched, the ticky tack fouls are being called, the problem is consistency. Some officials will call them, some won't. It isn't even from game to game, sometimes it is from half to half, or minute to minute. So yea, that's the biggest problem is no consistency among officials. That and as we've already mentioned, officials that think they are bigger than the game and can't tolerate being talked to.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
        I think Fred has a chip on his shoulder just like many on this board. I certainly don't see it as an attitude problem. There are times when a "chip" can cost you points and even ball games, but when a mature individual, such as Fred, has a chip, more times than not it's going to help him gut it out against the odds.

As far as tolerance of negative comments on this board, some are confusing disagreement with attack. Many disagree with my takes on things, but if it's insult free, then it's just disagreement. It's not my job or anyone else's to gain a consensus opinion. I, for one, am quite thankful that the only thing we can gripe about is that our All-American PG is playing like the best PG in the league instead of the best PG in America and that we're concerned about two very talented freshman bigs playing like freshman. Lastly we can complain that a top 40 high school player, and walk-on, might not be a perfect fit. I certainly don't miss the days Bart Westgeest, Matt Clark, and Rick Conn.
        Your last paragraph is spot on.
        -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
          I'm wondering if the change in officiating has caused Fred to be more frustrated. Last year there was a huge emphasis on freedom of movement and giving offensive players more of an advantage in order to increase scoring. It worked, so the NCAA has done an appt Dave this season and strong has gone way down ask across the country. I wonder if fouls that were called last year are not being called this year, leading to Fred's frustration and annoyance with officials.
          I think your spell check got the best of you but you are right on the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slalomshocker View Post
            Sorry folks, only positive comments on this board. Fred was asking the official kindly to watch the hand checking, and at least he was thinking about getting the ball into the post in the 2nd half when he made the worst entry pass I've seen since 7th grade. He was trying!!!

Come on people, this team is not playing very well right now. Yes, 11-2, I know, but Fred should not be talking his way into 2 extra fouls and making freshman mistakes with the ball. Its not a joke to point out deficiencies. Its a joke to pretend they don't exist.

I for one second the notion that Fred has an attitude that needs a bit of adjusting. Yes I think its because he is frustrated, but its time to man up. Things aren't as easy as they were his first two years. Its all about adjustments, opponents have made adjustments to him, time for him to do the same.
            I RESPECTFULLY say this is the worst post of the new year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
              I dont believe he was talking back as much asking for help from getting pushed, hacked, and shouldered everytime up the court.

If you watch just before, you will see a Drake player walk through him right in front of Janssen.
              And this might be the best post of the new year.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                My God; we’ve now stooped to a new low… comparing Fred VanVleet’s attitude to Jamar Howard’s. The nincompoops are running the asylum.
                I see reading comprehension is not one of your better abilities. I do have to give you an "A" for your ability to misinterpret in order to make a point to fit your agenda.

I take offense to being called a nincompoop. Had I actually compared FVV to Jamar Howard, I would expect some well-deserved flak.

I understand that the inability to read and comprehend is considered a disability in the adult world. I will try to take your disability into consideration and be considerate of your limited capabilities when perusing your future posts, as I believe in showing compassion to those less fortunate.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  I will try to take your disability into consideration and be considerate of your limited capabilities when perusing your future posts, as I believe in showing compassion to those less fortunate.
                  You sound like a really nice, compassionate person

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    I think your spell check got the best of you but you are right on the money.
                    Hahaha

Just saw that my "about face" became "appt Dave"

Awesome
                    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

I see reading comprehension is not one of your better abilities. I do have to give you an "A" for your ability to misinterpret in order to make a point to fit your agenda.

I take offense to being called a nincompoop. Had I actually compared FVV to Jamar Howard, I would expect some well-deserved flak.

I understand that the inability to read and comprehend is considered a disability in the adult world. I will try to take your disability into consideration and be considerate of your limited capabilities when perusing your future posts, as I believe in showing compassion to those less fortunate.
                      Aargh, please don't take this wrong, but the "reading comprehension" card, which many like to use, is just wrong. You spent one paragraph talking about VanVleet and his interaction with refs and followed it up with a paragraph on Howard and his interaction. I know it's not what you meant, but a reasonable person could certainly come to the conclusion that you were comparing the two rather than having two unrelated lucid thoughts.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

It's easier to play angry when you're the disrespected underdog than when you're an AA and favored to win about every time you step on the court.
                        Amen
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          I certainly don't miss the days Bart Westgeest, Matt Clark, and Rick Conn.
                          First post under this username, been here since the beginning.

Something I've noticed over the years - just as there is Godwin's Law for the rest of the interwebs, Shockernet has it's own version of Godwin's law. Except in ours, as a thread goes on longer and longer, it's not the mention of Nazi's or Hitler that becomes inevitable, it's the name Rick Conn.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                            Yeah hopefully we can get back to playing perfect every game like the good, top 25 teams do. I'm this close to donating my shocker gear to goodwill.
                            What size are you?
                            β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                            -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• [QUOTE=WuDrWu;529116]No ****.

11-2 ranked 16th and it's not good enough to win on the road in conference by 9. Now Fred comes under fire. JFC I almost expect someone to call for HCGM's job with a fgm.com website before the weekend is out.

It's as if the tolerance baseline is now winning by 20 all games. Anything less than that is abject failure and must be scrutinized.

For the record, I'm thrilled that the team is 11-2 and 1-0 in conference and I can't wait to see these guys play on Sunday.[/QUOTE

Here is some perspective that goes along with Doc's logic. Many moons ago, the Shocks took a Mo-Valley road trip to Illinois. We would play both Bradley and either S. Illinois or Illinois State. Sorry, I can't remember which. Even in the A. Carr days, we came back with at least 1 loss on that trek. This trip was a sweep winning problem that lasted for years and years. Last Season, we went 18-0 in the Valley and no team in the Nation can match our road wins for around the past 5 Seasons. If we were to lose any Valley game these days, some folk would scream bloody murder, call in the Coaches Show and offer Coach Marshall coaching tips as though they know more than he does. The sky would not be blue and it would be falling on them in their little fantasy world. However, before doing so, have you ever been National Coach Of the Year? Look at the struggles that N. Carolina and Duke have faced the past few Seasons. We used to just dream about what is taking place before our very eyes. Can you dig it?

We are now enjoying the most successful Seasons in Shocker History. Relax, stay on this winning turnip truck and enjoy the ride because this has been epic triumphs that has never before happened here at WSU.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Shaq has officially left the program!

Comment

Working...
                                X