WSU vs GWU GAME DISCUSSION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
    SERIOUSLY, STICK WITH THE TEAM THROUGH THINK AND THIN!!!

IF NOT, GTFO!!!!!
    You do realize many of us here have been here longer than some on this board have been alive. Many of us on here had tickets or were in school in the 90's and attending games regularly when Shocker teams were winning 10 games in a season. Let that sink in for a minute, 10 wins in a season.

Go Shocks!
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• And so the rest of the league is laughing at Shockernet.
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by LandStander View Post
        I think it's that us fans got use to watching smart team basketball.
        Like the team that made the Final Four? Oh yeah, they also got swept by Evansville.

The team that went 16-2 in the Valley went 1-2 in their out of conference tourney.

Every good team goes through rough patches. We'll get to see how this team reacts and if they improve from it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          Jeez back off the ledge people.

The team has issues they have time to fix. The veterans must learn to trust the newcomers. We really need to be concerned about our void on the coaching staff than anything-Jans was a master scout and in game adjustments. Yes we have a big hole inside due to some key recruiting misses.
          But good God you guys sound like Phog.net with your generalizations
          This! I'm not on a ledge, but expected this to be more of a rebuild than reload, first half of the year. It was just a little late in showing up.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
            I understand. It's just tiring.

Teams are going to have off days. The Final Four team sure did.
            You're right about that. That 3 game skid was awful. I still see Armsted dribbling it off his foot in back to back games. As long as we are learning and adjusting not only do we have a ton of new guys but our coaches are having to learn and step up too. It's December and were 10-2. I'd take that just about every year
            I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
            If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
              You do realize many of us here have been here longer than some on this board have been alive. Many of us on here had tickets or were in school in the 90's and attending games regularly when Shocker teams were winning 10 games in a season. Let that sink in for a minute, 10 wins in a season.

Go Shocks!
              My family has had season tickets since before the 90s, so I know all about them.

People are just acting like this one loss will dictate what is going to happen the rest of the season.
              The Assman

Comment

• The last few games have sucked, but I'm still confident in their turning it around.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                  And so the rest of the league is laughing at Shockernet.
                  So. They'd laugh at us in any loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                    Also if you ever want to question the importance of Evan watch these games without him
                    I don't think Evan would have helped any in this type of game. I don't even recall any loose balls that he could have gotten.

Comment

• I'm not on a ledge either but this is a solid three weeks of sub par ball with major issues coming from our experienced players. Look at the stats from our big 4 tonight. Terrible. Our freshmen are playing better than our experienced guys. I'm sure they'll get it figured out, but this is becoming a trend.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                        And so the rest of the league is laughing at Shockernet.
                        it happens.

Comment

• Play Slightly Perturbed
                          Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• I have faith in HCGM, I have faith in the young men on this team, mostly I have faith in the future.

Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                              We are sticking with them, just tired of this lack of effort at times.
                              This isn't the same team we have seen the last few years. The hunger is missing in some of the guys and the hype has gotten to some of them also.

Games were way way closer than they should have been to hawaii and alabama.
                              I think the Shox are a better team as the under-appreciated hunter than as the media-hyped hunted. It takes a different attitude to be the big dog than it does to win as the underdog.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                                Like the team that made the Final Four? Oh yeah, they also got swept by Evansville.

The team that went 16-2 in the Valley went 1-2 in their out of conference tourney.

Every good team goes through rough patches. We'll get to see how this team reacts and if they improve from it.
                                Read my other posts. I'm still optimistic about this teams future. However, the final four team had lost baker and Wessel. Hall just got back. Our guards were very inexperienced even though Armsted was a senior it was only his second year with Marshall's system. This years team, our guards are the most experienced and they are not playing like they know how to. But I have confidence they'll play better, jut sloppy mental and toughness mistakes. We just need another pep talk from Carr.
                                I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                                If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X