No announcement yet.

WSU vs GWU GAME DISCUSSION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I blame it on my family visiting from out of town.
    My sister is visiting from california and we alway seem to have trouble playing when she visits...
    My mom visited 2 years ago and we lost...

WTF MOM

Comment

• Lost to a good team that played extremely good defense. I think losing will benefit
      us down the road. Even though we lost we will be stronger by playing a great
      defensive team like GW and losing than blowing out a nobody. I said from the start
      we would miss the big fellas from last year. I know FVV, RB, and TC are not going to
      take losing lightly. They will respond. It's still the frontcourt that concerns me and the
      total lack of post up play. I think we had ONE basket from a strong post play tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
        And so the rest of the league is laughing at Shockernet.
        The rest of the league, as in the collection of turds that have as many wins in the last decade in the NCAAs combined that we do ourselves? Let 'em laugh away.

Comment

• so is shaq on his way out with this team? His playing time is shrinking weekly.
          He also posted some interesting stuff on twitter.

Shaquille Morris ‏@Shaq_Morris These people make it so hard to be friendly when I know part of its envy...

Shaquille Morris @Shaq_Morris · 6h 6 hours ago I guess that's just motion.

Shaquille Morris @Shaq_Morris · 6h 6 hours ago People around here turn on you so quick...

Comment

• We can't win every game where we are outplayed. Utah, Detroit, Alabama, Hawaii and now this game. Our loss was deserved. Frankly we haven't played quality basketball and were over ranked.

Fred and Ron are the problem, not the solution. The have only themselves to blame for their slumps. The dominant trend in our offense has been their forced shots and our stale ball movement with very little vertical passing.

We need to trust our newcomers and get the ball inside more instead of jacking up guarded jump shots. Crappy shots lead to crappy shooting.

We have a long way to go and this definitely a trend.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
              I might add that our frosh are really starting to show up.
              Absolutely a help, but I'm sure any of us would love to see Tekele come back to full strength - which will only help those freshman and the other core guys as well. The shot pct and TO's just lead me to believe he's hurt worse than anyone is letting on. Does TC of 2012-13 or 13-14 make that lazy pass at the top of the key that became a TO and points on the other end in the second half? I just can't see him making that play if truly healthy.

Comment

• GW is a opportunist solid team that was hot from the 3 point line. Their 1-3-1 zone kept us from getting the ball inside to our bigs to establish our inside game. Down the stretch they made shots and we did not. We kept our own turnovers low in the 1st half but GW improved on that in the 2nd half . It was nice to see Brown get some touches in the 1st half and he made the best of it.

Once we establish our inside game, we will win such games as tonight. We only have 2 losses through the non-con games but we sure thought we would leave Hawaii with the championship.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                  so is shaq on his way out with this team? His playing time is shrinking weekly.

Shaquille Morris ‏@Shaq_Morris These people make it so hard to be friendly when I know part of its envy...

Shaquille Morris @Shaq_Morris · 6h 6 hours ago People around here turn on you so quick...

Doesn't necessarily mean anything. He posts song lyrics on there all the time and has laughed when people take his tweets literally.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                    so is shaq on his way out with this team? His playing time is shrinking weekly.

I also noticed all these negative posts before the game. This and watching the game make me think team chemistry is off. Gotta get that fixed.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdshox View Post
                      The rest of the league, as in the collection of turds that have as many wins in the last decade in the NCAAs combined that we do ourselves? Let 'em laugh away.
                      Not laughing at the Shockers. Laughing at Shockernet.
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• He doesn't appear to play angry; if he did, he would be a handful. Maybe it just appears that way?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                          Yeah, that's not a good sign
                          I am hoping its just girl trouble or something college related. Dude can be a great talent if he fully buy's in and plays like FVV and some of the other guys normally do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
                            The concerning part about this is that some freshman have stepped up recently, and have started to contribute nicely. It's our juniors and seniors that are playing head scratching basketball.
                            Exactly! It'd be different if we gave GW our best shot and the out played us. Or we just need freshman to step up. It's our leaders, our best players who need to get it figured out. I think that's what's worrying us. We lost to Kentucky and Louisville and I didn't walk away feeling like losers. We gave them our best shot. That was not our best shot.
                            I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                            If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• After looking at some stats, there are glaring differences between this team and last years. Some of them are for obvious reasons, but never the less, if they continue, we are looking at a top 20-30 team and not a top 10 team.

The offense and defense are both worrisome to me right now.

Comment

• WSU finishes the non-conference schedule 10-2 with a rpi of 8 (Warren Nolan). I can definitely live with that. Now the Shockers need to take care of business and win the MVC.

The Shocks play 8 guys that had no division 1 experience before this season, including 6 freshmen. They will continue to improve.

Comment

Working...
                                X