No announcement yet.

WSU vs GWU GAME DISCUSSION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A positive: Fred looked better last night. By that I mean he looked focused and engaged, which is what I thought to be missing a little from him prior to this tourney.

Someone mentioned previously in this thread that our veterans have to learn to trust the young guys. That will make things a lot different for this team. Beyond just that though, the guards have to trust the posts and make post entry passes. The posts have proven time and again that they can pass out of the post. This passing it around the perimeter for 30 secs is not going to break a defense down. Post entry, kick out.....bucket or repost. Maybe its not in our offensive scheme, but that is one facet I see missing.
    -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      No - I was really agreeing with you. We could have used his ability to shoot 3's, and rebound and his his determination on the floor. His motor is always running unlike some and their lazy-ass passes last night.
      Then I apologize!
      On twitter as @WuShocks

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
        I am not a twittery kind of guy. Any more news on the Shaq front?
        He was pushed into a Christmas tree.

Or were you talking about Morris?
        On twitter as @WuShocks

Comment

• Originally posted by shockrah View Post
          I think someone kissed someone elses dolphin....
          Hahaha well crap. The team chemistry is toast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slalomshocker View Post
            Someone mentioned previously in this thread that our veterans have to learn to trust the young guys. That will make things a lot different for this team. Beyond just that though, the guards have to trust the posts and make post entry passes. The posts have proven time and again that they can pass out of the post. This passing it around the perimeter for 30 secs is not going to break a defense down. Post entry, kick out.....bucket or repost. Maybe its not in our offensive scheme, but that is one facet I see missing.
            Something that's hasn't been stated yet about possible trust issues is that this is the first time our experienced guards didn't have post players that were more experienced. As soon as tko, FVV and baker started playing for the Shox, there have been veteran help down low. Not this year. It's a new experience for them that has maybe taken them out of their game and are pressing too much. Tko and Ron redshirt year they had Stutz as a senior (by far his best year) and hall was a monster out of the gate. Hall was also older than some of out coaches (sarcasm). Final four year we had hall again and Orukpe who had figured it out (on d). Last year Cle was a senior and so were Lufile and Colby. I still think this team is special and league play will help our fresh. I still remember we were hoping during the ooc that Colby would figure "it" out by league play and we weren't sure a three headed monster at the 5 spot was better than a consistent 1 starter option. We don't know how this yer will play out buts already been memorable. The more this team will play together the better they will be. There are only a few teams in the country that have few to zero negatives on their roster. We have a some negatives and question marks (low post questions, team needing to gel or trust each other, coach leaving) but the good teams identify the weaknesses and lean on their strengths. Right now we are figuring this all out. We could be healthier and hopefully that happens sooner than later. That will also help. I guess where I'm going on this long winded, train of thought is that this team needs a little more time and since it's not yet January, we have that. I'm willing to be patient and watch this team go to work week in and week out.
            I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
            If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by BikeIdiot View Post
              I think Evan is missed more that some fans are willing to admit.
              Yes, can't believe I missed that one.

Comment

• From Rashard Kelly:

@WizKellyy: "They want you to lose ... Always remember that , so what we going to do is win more trust that "- Dj Khaled 12/26/2014

@WizKellyy: I'm out wheels up baby ✈️ we coming home
                12/26/2014 11:23 PM
                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Young team took some lumps, they will get better because of it.
                  Fred is an enigma to me this year. Baker will find his shot; i think he feels like he needs to put up 25 each night and is pressing.
                  DC is trying too hard to replace Early; he's a different player.
                  Gotta trust the Freshmen now because they are playing really well.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                    I am not a twittery kind of guy. Any more news on the Shaq front?
                    last tweet was as follows:

Shaquille Morris @Shaq_Morris · Dec 25 Christmas day and I'm doing what I love...Thank God for everything.

Comment

• Shaqs twitter is meaningless if you are trying to figure out what he is thinking in relation to basketball. I think right now we will see games where Shaq gets 15 minutes and Nurger gets next to none and vice versus. It will depend on match-ups.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• To the person that asked about JUCO All-Americans:

Carl Hall was a first team AA in NJCAA D-I
                        Cleanthony Early was a two time first team AA and POY in NJCAA D-III
                        Darius Carter was a first team AA for NJCAA D-I

Tevin Glass and Bush Wamukota were not AAs.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• It was a disappointing game, but the sky is not falling. FVF, Baker and Cotton had an off game. That happens. They are still great players and will bounce back. Going undefeated for a year is EXTREMELY rare. It most likely will never happen again. Have faith.

Comment

• Originally posted by GarH View Post
                            It was a disappointing game, but the sky is not falling. FVF, Baker and Cotton had an off game. That happens. They are still great players and will bounce back. Going undefeated for a year is EXTREMELY rare. It most likely will never happen again. Have faith.
                            FVV didn't have his greatest game, either.
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              To the person that asked about JUCO All-Americans:

Carl Hall was a first team AA in NJCAA D-I
                              Cleanthony Early was a two time first team AA and POY in NJCAA D-III
                              Darius Carter was a first team AA for NJCAA D-I

Tevin Glass and Bush Wamukota were not AAs.
                              I believe Ben Smith, Joe Ragland and Nick Wiggins were JUCO All-Americans as well. We tend to do well when we stick with the top end JUCO guys

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                I believe Ben Smith, Joe Ragland and Nick Wiggins were JUCO All-Americans as well. We tend to do well when we stick with the top end JUCO guys
                                I believe you are correct. I was speaking only about the bigs.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X