No announcement yet.

WSU vs. Newman Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've had a few goaltending calls this year where our player blocked the shot 12 feet in the air. If I'd been the ref, my jaw would have been too slack to blow the whistle.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Baker is fantastic. By FAR the best player in the state of Kansas, and worthy of any watch list you want to put him on.

I wish Kelly would do a little more, be a little more aggressive when he's out there, but he's following the HCGM freshman progression formula to a T.

Glad Fred didn't get hurt before the equipment change (which my row called before it happened).

Shaq is stunning me.

Glass moved forward a lot the last 2 weeks. Understanding what they want him to do is the first step.

Our upperclassmen are so freaking good, it makes it so easy to point out when the "kids" take a play off. And they take a lot of plays off compared to the all stars.

Zach Brown has taken 25 steps forward. The kid oozes talent. He's going to be special if he can stay focused and take advantage of opportunities. Crap he's athletic.
      Great take! It was against a D-II school but for the first time we saw Brown and Glass put it together a little bit at game time.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11926435

Zach Brown, Zach Bush and Tevin Glass making the ESPN Highlights.
        not Zack Bush

Comment

Henderson only had one year at PG in high school and it shows.

Does anybody have a camera angle on all those goaltends to see if they were legit?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            not Zack Bush
            Bush with the assist to Tevin Glass per the announcer.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Henderson only had one year at PG in high school and it shows.

Does anybody have a camera angle on all those goaltends to see if they were legit?
              They were not. Baker's was clearly on the way up as was Brown's. Wamukota' saws definitely a goal tend. He slammed it off the backboard, but ball was directly above the rim. Shaq had an offensive GT. Ball was definitely coming out, but may have been on the rim.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Baker is fantastic. By FAR the best player in the state of Kansas, and worthy of any watch list you want to put him on.

I wish Kelly would do a little more, be a little more aggressive when he's out there, but he's following the HCGM freshman progression formula to a T.

Glad Fred didn't get hurt before the equipment change (which my row called before it happened).

Shaq is stunning me.

Glass moved forward a lot the last 2 weeks. Understanding what they want him to do is the first step.

Our upperclassmen are so freaking good, it makes it so easy to point out when the "kids" take a play off. And they take a lot of plays off compared to the all stars.

Zach Brown has taken 25 steps forward. The kid oozes talent. He's going to be special if he can stay focused and take advantage of opportunities. Crap he's athletic.
                During the shoot around, Zero set up at the top of the circle and began shooting three balls. Before he caught my eye, I do not know how many shots he had already put up. While I was watching, I counted thirteen makes in a row. I have no idea of how many makes he had, before I started watching him.
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

not Zack Bush
                  Yes, Zach Bush with an assist to Tevin Glass with both players mentioned by name. Probably a 1st for those guys as well as Zach Brown.

Old hat for 2V, Ron and Darius who were the other Shockers named in the video.

Comment

During halftime of the UConn - WVU game they only showed the score of the Newman game instead of the highlight package. The main anchor said "I know it's a local D2 school, but how 'bout them Shockers. They haven't lost in what, 3 years?" ******* immediately quipped "We need to stop this playing D2 school thing. Play equal competition." The main anchor responded, "oh, like Montana State?" ******* didn't have a good response.

I like this guy.

Comment

Shocks put 41 points on the board in the last 10 minutes of the 1st half.

Comment

I am compelled to come out of my self imposed ban for one question; are Mr. Cotton's fingers jammed or broken. Thank you. Now, back to my hole.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                          During halftime of the UConn - WVU game they only showed the score of the Newman game instead of the highlight package. The main anchor said "I know it's a local D2 school, but how 'bout them Shockers. They haven't lost in what, 3 years?" ******* immediately quipped "We need to stop this playing D2 school thing. Play equal competition." The main anchor responded, "oh, like Montana State?" ******* didn't have a good response.

I like this guy.
                          What's the anchor's name? Let's buy him a beer.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Letting his hand heal.
                            More like giving mercy to the rim.
                            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                              I am compelled to come out of my self imposed ban for one question; are Mr. Cotton's fingers jammed or broken. Thank you. Now, back to my hole.
                              Hello KC Shox! It was good to hear from you. One bright spot in the ban is that you can't make silly proclamations and ban yourself for the 15-16 season. Everything has a bright side with the Shockers!
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti
                                Someone should enlighten this ******* dickhead why this spot on the schedule was open in the first place.
                                It won't matter...he went to U.of A. (Arizona in Tucson). Even though his alma mater played Div. II Cal Poly Pomona a couple weeks ago...it won't matter. We could play Duke and there would be somebody somewhere saying something about how Duke wasn't a great test for Wichita St. Lol
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X