WSU vs. Newman Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU vs. Newman Official Game Thread

Up 14-7 early, Evan and Ron hot from the perimeter. Good to see us torching it from the outside.

Nice to see the 3s falling.

Comment

Let's never have Darius dribble the ball up the court. Ever.
      Originally posted by BleacherReport
      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

But Newman is making theirs too.

Comment

Originally posted by seskridge
          Glad wessel got another 3. things are looking up for him. worried about cotton's fingers.
          He did it before the Memphis game so we might not have to worry too much, they probably just don't see the point of him making it worse in a game against Newman.

Comment

Strategy to guarding Holland on the perimeter: don't guard him on the perimeter.
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Fred complaining about slipping all over r the floor. Got some new shoes from the locker room. See if that helps.
              Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

I'm at the game and I missed why not Cotton today. Fairness?

Comment

I'm sure I've missed something but why isn't Tekele playing? Sorry if it's already been addressed.
                  "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                    I'm at the game and I missed why not Cotton today. Fairness?
                    We'd have to have JRS at the point for 40 minutes to even start to make this fair.

Comment

Originally posted by jpshocker View Post
                      I'm sure I've missed something but why isn't Tekele playing? Sorry if it's already been addressed.
                      Fingers banged up, and we could win this with only our freshmen. Get healed up while it doesn't matter.

Comment

The Dunkin' Donut~!

Comment

The game is on WatchESPN app, I thought it would be blocked locally. Hmmm

Comment

Just curious....do some Kansas Newman fans go this annual game???? I think it's super cool that Wichita St. does this game. I'm assuming it's a good financial gain for Newman.
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Shaq's passes are looking so nice for a freshman PF. Really impressed.

Comment

Working...
                              X