No announcement yet.

2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's about to get interesting for Seton Hall, with Whitehead coming back any day now.

When Seton Hall standout freshman Isaiah Whitehead went down with a stress fracture in his foot less than two weeks ago, the Pirates’ hopes of making the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 20…

"Willard said Whitehead will have an MRI in two weeks (as of 1-6-15 when this article was posted) and could realistically return on Jan. 22 against DePaul, but a source told The Post he will have an MRI exam on Sunday or Monday, in hopes of returning on Jan. 13 against Butler."

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
      Here are the GOI for Tuesday (all CST):

#21 Seton Hall vs. Butler, 6 PM on FS1
      #23 UNI @ Bradley, 7 PM
      Alabama @ South Carolina, 8 PM on ESPNU
      Tulsa vs. UConn, 8:30 PM on CBS Sports

#6 Louisville @ Virginia Tech, 6 PM on ESPN3
      #9 Kansas vs. #24 Oklahoma State, 6 PM on ESPN2
      #16 West Virginia vs. #18 Oklahoma, 6 PM on ESPN News
      #19 Arkansas @ Tennessee, 6 PM on ESPNU
      #17 VCU @ Rhode Island, 6:30 PM on CBS Sports
      Kentucky, Duke and Virginia also all have home contests.

Huge, huge, huuuuuuge games for Alabama and Tulsa tomorrow night, and obviously a great chance for Seton Hall to pick up another very solid win as well. Should be fun watching.
      That Alabama/S. Carolina game will probably be the one I'm most interested in. I like both coaches, so I'm not sure who to root for. I do hope that South Carolina gets into the postseason though, always been a Frank Martin fan

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
        That Alabama/S. Carolina game will probably be the one I'm most interested in. I like both coaches, so I'm not sure who to root for. I do hope that South Carolina gets into the postseason though, always been a Frank Martin fan
        Pretty easy for me to choose who to root for. Alabama, the team the Shox have played. Why root for a team that does not benefit WSU at all? I want Alabama to win every game, I couldn't care less about Martin.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
          Pretty easy for me to choose who to root for. Alabama, the team the Shox have played. Why root for a team that does not benefit WSU at all? I want Alabama to win every game, I couldn't care less about Martin.
          I get what you're saying, I'm a fan of wsu and I know SOS and RPI plays a role in things. At the same time, I like who I like and I root for who I want. I like Frank Martin, and this particular game is gravy for me because I'll be happy with either team winning.

I never have been of the mindset to root for a team because if they win it would benefit Wichita State. I won't root for Illinois St anymore because of their coach. Nor will I root for Utah to beat Arizona or Stanford because I like those 2 teams better. I could care less if Utah beating those teams might help WSU in the RPI. It's my choice, and if people disagree with it oh well. Doesn't make me any less of a Shocker fan

Comment

I get what you're saying, I'm a fan of wsu and I know SOS and RPI plays a role in things. At the same time, I like who I like and I root for who I want. I like Frank Martin, and this particular game is gravy for me because I'll be happy with either team winning.

I never have been of the mindset to root for a team because if they win it would benefit Wichita State. I won't root for Illinois St anymore because of their coach. Nor will I root for Utah to beat Arizona or Stanford because I like those 2 teams better. I could care less if Utah beating those teams might help WSU in the RPI. It's my choice, and if people disagree with it oh well. Doesn't make me any less of a Shocker fan
            I think that it might.

Comment

You're probably not gonna love this thread then. It's 114 pages devoted to rooting for our opponents and teams who directly help WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                You're probably not gonna love this thread then. It's 114 pages devoted to rooting for our opponents and teams who directly help WSU.
                That's fine, doesn't mean I can't post my thoughts in it as long as they are civil

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                  I think that it might.
                  Then you think wrong

Comment

Then you think wrong
                    Nope. It makes you more of a casual fan. How could you call yourself hardcore when you are openly cheering for something that hurts WSU?

Comment

• Full tilt warning issued for Sedgwick County, Kansas. Take cover now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                        Nope. It makes you more of a casual fan. How could you call yourself hardcore when you are openly cheering for something that hurts WSU?
                        This is a new level of petty disagreement.
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Hard to picture how much worse these boards would be right now if the team had more than 2 losses. Goodness.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                            I don't diagree, but I still can't fathom why anyone would say that on a Shocker board, in a thread dedicated to Shocker rooting interests.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                              Hard to picture how much worse these boards would be right now if the team had more than 2 losses. Goodness.
                              Seriously, the shitposting rampage is off the charts since Christmas. I think I need a break.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                                Agreed.. IMO, one should never try to change what someone thinks about something using something negative (in this case, claiming that someone is less of a fan for not rooting for a team WSU played), as it just stands to make that person hate you. If you can discuss and reason out an argument in a respectful way that changes their mind, that's one thing.

Personally, I pretty much always will root for an opponent we've played. I hate all of the usual overhype about the power 5 schools, so I tend to follow teams we played instead, and I have fun doing so.

Comment

Working...
                                X