No announcement yet.

2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walton just doesn't shut up; his side kick can't get a word in edgewise.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Did Larry burn his rope in the locker room before the game? C'mon man...
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Down goes #11 Utah. The winner of #13 UNCheat @ #10 Louisville probably jumps or stays in front of us next week (whereas the loser will stay/fall behind us unless we lose), so it is nice to free up at least a little room for advancement if we win on Saturday.

Also- Hawaii won on the road, Marymount lost on the road.

Comment

• Team A is 2-0. Beat a team ranked in the top 10 and a terrible 300+ team.
          Team B is 2-0. Beat Vermont and Louisiana Lafayette, who are a couple of mediocre teams each ranked in the mid 100s and each with 11-10 records.

You know nothing else about either team. Based on admittedly very limited information, which team do you rank higher?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
            Team A is 2-0. Beat a team ranked in the top 10 and a terrible 300+ team.
            Team B is 2-0. Beat Vermont and Louisiana Lafayette, who are a couple of mediocre teams each ranked in the mid 100s and each with 11-10 records.

You know nothing else about either team. Based on admittedly very limited information, which team do you rank higher?
            Neither of them!

They've only played 2 games and we're more than half-way through the season? No, thank you...

Comment

• Thank you for stifling discussion instead of promoting it, Bob.

Comment

I'd probably rank Louisiana Lafayette ahead of Vermont. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                  I'd probably rank Louisiana Lafayette ahead of Vermont. :)
                  I hope you're here all week!!!
                  :-)

Comment

• You would definitely rank the team that was a top 10 win higher. Unless they have too many losses as well and the other team doesn't.

And as long as the top ten team they beat isn't an MVC team. If it is, it's not a legit top ten win and it's an inflated ranking.

Comment

No.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• DJ06Shocker, I appreciate your ability to be humorous but then also carry on an actual discussion.

I purposefully worded my scenario as to avoid rabbit trail conversations. I left many items unknown because I simply wanted to focus on 2 teams, with very similar overall SOS, but with totally different paths of arriving at that SOS. I have a point to make, but I'll wait a little longer just to see if anyone actually disagrees with you and me that the team with the top 10 win should be ranked higher, all else being equal.

If someone disagrees and thinks Team B should be ranked higher, I would love to hear why.

Comment

• Most of the time it would depend whether or not team A got stuck with a 300+ RPI due to conference affiliation or whether they chose to play that team. Also team B having only played two teams in the 100s kind of makes this a no brainer. Change that to two teams in the top 50 and you have a real discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                            Hard to heat More Head
                            I see what you did there.:)

Comment

Since its an open question and I have never had a bone to pick with anyone...I would not rank either one since both seem to fall out of consideration other than "others receiving votes"

Comment

• So Shock Therapy, is there an answer buried in that response? I can't tell if you are firmly picking Team A or Team B. I apologize if I'm just not interpreting your answer well.

Comment

Working...
                                X