No announcement yet.

2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Dominion about to fall out of top 25 making room for UNI's quick return.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• ODU goes down they were considered according to ESPN to have one of the best shots to win all their remaining games...I guess ESPN doesn't take into account how hard it is to win on the road.
      2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
      2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
      2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
      2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
      The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• KSU upsets #16 OU in Norman, 66-63 in OT. The Sooners were poised to leap us after the road win at Texas...not anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
          Two loses this week. How far does Texas fall?
          I feel like they should fall to about #21.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• New Mexico St up on UMKC 33-14 at half. This will get NMSU to 9-9 on the season.

Comment

• The Fighting Chris Jans' moved into the top 100 of the RPI (actually skyrocketed to 71) with a win over Ohio.

John Cooper's Miami squad came back from 20 down to get the OT win against a solid Eastern Michigan squad.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                New Mexico St up on UMKC 33-14 at half. This will get NMSU to 9-9 on the season.
                They're likely to be about 24-10 when the conference season ends.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  They're likely to be about 24-10 when the conference season ends.
                  They lost road games to us, New Mexico, Baylor, Wyoming, Saint Marys, UTEP and Oral Roberts. Home loses to New Mexico and Colorado St. Not everything we would have hoped for from them but I agree they should finish strong.

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
                    Not being snarky at all I understand why you guys root against Kentucky I root against the Duke's, Kansas's of the world too. We want to see the high end teams lose everyone wants to see upsets I get it.
                    Actually I would like to see Kentucky win, I just want them to lose once that is all. I like Kentucky, I just don't want them to go 31-0 in the regular season or get to 35-0 (or better) before losing. If they do fine, but I would like to see the WSU records to last more than one year.

Comment

• With all of the ranked teams falling tonight, a jump in the polls is on the horizon if we take care of business tomorrow.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Summary of Ranked Team Losses

#5 Louisville
                        #10 Texas
                        #13 Notre Dame
                        #14 W. Virginia
                        #16 Oklahoma
                        #22 Ohio State
                        #25 Old Dominion
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Teams that may jump us include:

#17 Iowa State (road win @ #14 West Virginia, home win vs. Oklahoma State)

I mentioned earlier that UNC might leap us but I was mistakenly thinking the Heels lost at home to Notre Dame on Sunday (it was Monday). That pretty much limits the pool of potential leapfrogs to the Clones.

In addition to RDR's list above, #11 Maryland also lost earlier this week (@ Illinois).

Comment

• From UNI's perspective:

#25, 24, 22, 19, 18 and 16 all suffered losses this week. The Panthers were the equivalent of #26 last week. #27, 28, 29, 30, 31 and 32 also suffered losses, meaning there is no danger of getting flanked from the rear (a Creighton fan's dream).

Pretty much a blood bath. I am guessing the Panthers reenter the AP rankings at no worse than 23.

Comment

• When it comes to UNI, there is always concern about possibly getting flanked from the rear.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                              From UNI's perspective:

#25, 24, 22, 19, 18 and 16 all suffered losses this week. The Panthers were the equivalent of #26 last week. #27, 28, 29, 30, 31 and 32 also suffered losses, meaning there is no danger of getting flanked from the rear (a Creighton fan's dream).

Pretty much a blood bath. I am guessing the Panthers reenter the AP rankings at no worse than 23.

Comment

• Tomorrow's GOI:

Missouri State vs. Illinois State, 2 PM on ESPN3
                                Memphis @ Houston, 3 PM on CBS Sports

#2 Duke @ NC State, 12:30 PM on CBS
                                #4 Wisconsin @ Rutgers, 5 PM on Big Ten Network
                                #7 Arizona @ Oregon State, 9 PM on FS1
                                Last edited by Play Angry; January 10, 2015, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X