2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Drake coach Ray Giacoletti after the game said UNI has better talent 1-12 than WSU.

UNI coach Ben Jacobson after the game said Upper Iowa has better talent, 1-12, than Drake.

They both gave the Geese a D+ for the game.
    It's a good thing Giacoletti doesn't get to recast his preseason vote for WSU as predicted champ -- the Shocks would be down to third at this point, and probably still falling, depending on how badly Drake continues to embarrass itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
      Actually I would like to see Kentucky win, I just want them to lose once that is all. I like Kentucky, I just don't want them to go 31-0 in the regular season or get to 35-0 (or better) before losing. If they do fine, but I would like to see the WSU records to last more than one year.
      I don't have any great animosity toward Kentucky, but I'm with you on having 35-0 last for more than a year, 1989. The way UK is going right now, though, they really need to step it up. Lucky for them it's all SEC for here on out -- or maybe not, if the league can't hold their interest more than it has so far -- and that they don't have to play Arkansas on the road. But even so, they clearly can be had, and if I'm a poll voter at this point, my #1 is Duke, not Kentucky, and it isn't a hard choice.

What's even more important, though, is that the Shocks show up tomorrow, complete with the new and improved Shaq Attack. Kentucky and records are an interesting sideshow, but the main event for us and the Shocks is in the MVC, distasteful as that may be from an esthetic standpoint. Just win the ones you play.

Comment

• Hawaii leading CS Northridge 59-50, 12 minutes left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
          Hawaii leading CS Northridge 59-50, 12 minutes left.
          83-68 final.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            The Big Ten is horrible. Of course, pundits will just call it "balance", but it's not. There's just so much mediocre basketball there. Pretty sad that Maryland is the team leading the way and I think they're overrated as is.
            Wisconsin

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
              Marcus Paige was literally allowed to take 4 steps (a double euro step?) to hit the game winner against Louisville in Chapel Hill. #18 UNC 72, #5 Louisville 71. That sucks.

I watched that replay in slow motion. His foot hit the floor for a step as the ball bounced back up to his hand, then took 2 more steps with ball in hand and rose up to shoot. Pretty much a standard, legal move if you ask me.
              Last edited by Jamar Howard 4 President; January 11, 2015, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• The basket before, on the rebound, watch that in slow motion.

I only bring it up as I have seen more games this year impacted by calls or no calls than ever. Most of them have been correct, but it seems the bigger the game, the less likely down the stretch they are to blow the whistle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                  Wisconsin
                  If you had a read more, post less philosophy like most people here crave, you would've seen that a poster already reminded me of Wisconsin.

As it is, now you just come off as an obsessive little *****.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Drake coach Ray Giacoletti after the game said UNI has better talent 1-12 than WSU.

UNI coach Ben Jacobson after the game said Upper Iowa has better talent, 1-12, than Drake.

They both gave the Geese a D+ for the game.
                    Beautiful. I love when crappy teams give bulletin board material.

Makes it so much easier for the far superior team to not sleepwalk through their next game.

Something tells me Drake will be losing by 30+.
                    Originally posted by BleacherReport
                    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• No one here rooting for Duke's undefeated season to end today ?

NC State leads 56-48 with 10 mins left
                      2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
                      2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
                      2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
                      2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
                      The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
                        No one here rooting for Duke's undefeated season to end today ?

Relax. I don't think you'll find many folks rooting for Duke today. I'm also not sure many people think Duke will survive the ACC undefeated. I also don't remember very many Duke fans claiming they will go undefeated before every season begins.

Comment

• Duke is getting absolutely abused right now, by a decent not great NC State team.

Road games are hard. Hope we can pull ours out this afternoon.

Comment

• What an absolute mayhem week. We need to not take part this afternoon.

Sorry @HenryMuto:. I just didn't realize Duke was even playing because they don't even register to me :). Now that I'm aware, I'm very glad they are losing.

The difference is that UK actually has a solid shot. No one really ever believed Duke was a danger to go undefeated. That's why we go nuts seeing UK on their heels yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
                              No one here rooting for Duke's undefeated season to end today ?

There's no chance of Duke making it through the ACC undefeated.

There's a good chance of Kentucky making it through the SEC undefeated.

Very different situations. Kentucky's just the obvious one because they're in a much worse conference.
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• This thread is more interesting that the pre-Loyola thread, they're over there fighting about gay bars.
                                For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                                - said no one ever...

Comment

Working...
                                X