Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shocktastic
    replied
    Mekel has been horrible since Day 1. It's sad when even the coach has given up on him. I don't know why anyone is surprised that this conversation is being had. The only thing I'm surprised about is that this thread didn't start 3 months ago. I hope GM gets rid of everybody. I think there is a good chance of that happening.

Anyways, any truth to the rumor that GM didn't shake hands with ISU's coach last night? If so, that's pretty classy. I'm still on the GM bandwagon, but that is bad, if it's true.

One more thing while I'm hot. I could maybe, maybe understand losing a 21 point lead throughout the course of an entire game. But 21-0 run in less than 5 minutes. Come on! If that isn't giving up, I don't know what is. Actually, if saying, "only 2 more weeks left" isn't giving up, I don't know what is.

Any truth to the rumor that a player was mocking GM towards the end of regulation. Is that why he had such a memorable meltdown? Somebody please explain these vicious rumors.

Leave a comment:

• dregn
    replied
    I read the statement as with 10 sec left in the shot clock the point guard needs to be the one running the play from the top of the key. Just like when Matt was hurt if there was 10 sec left on the clock and Gal gave the ball to Lance or Wendell coach would have been yelling at him for the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• Shox21
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever
    I'm kinda curious to hear what the Caped Crusader Club has to say about this. The band of goonies has been noticeably quiet the past 24 hours..

which isn't necessarily a bad thing..
    I wasn't going to say anything. I was afraid it would cause him to ---- Well, I'll take the peace and quiet.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    I'm kinda curious to hear what the Caped Crusader Club has to say about this. The band of goonies has been noticeably quiet the past 24 hours..

which isn't necessarily a bad thing..

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    The thing about that play is 10 times out of 10 Gal is gonna fake the pass and try to score himself. How the D doesn't take more charges in those situations I'll never know.

Leave a comment:

• Awesome Sauce Malone
    replied
    Originally posted by WstateU
    Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
    DSB thats kind of what I was saying. If he makes that layup everybody is ready to slob him down. But since he missed it was the worst ever.

Blaming last nights loss on Gal is like picking on kids with down syndrome.
    I've read every post and don't see anyone specifically blaming Gal for the loss... they're just criticizing his boneheaded decisions during crucial situations.
    This year's theme is blame gal gal does this gal does that.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    DSB thats kind of what I was saying. If he makes that layup everybody is ready to slob him down. But since he missed it was the worst ever.

I've read every post and don't see anyone specifically blaming Gal for the loss... they're just criticizing his boneheaded decisions during crucial situations.

Leave a comment:

• wsushockerdude
    replied
    thank you for making this post
    finally someone agrees with me

Leave a comment:

• Awesome Sauce Malone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Downtown Shocker Brown
    replied
    The point is that a game is made up of so many individual plays, with so much focus on the end.

If PJ makes that dunk, we win. There were so many of those plays that needed to be made from that point on, that if made change the outcome of the game, and NO ONE, not Matt, not PJ, not Gal, not Phil, not Ramon, not JT, not Lance, not Aaron, not Wendell, made the play that needed to be made.

You can't call out one person last night. And most nights for that matter. Yes, occasionally there is that situation that falls on one person (chris webber and his infamous TO), but rarely.

Leave a comment:

• Downtown Shocker Brown
    replied
    I got your point, but it just seems that every game Gal is blamed for a mistake or two that cost us the game, or could have cost us the game. Even against Northern Iowa, with the big shots he did make, people complained that he didn't shoot well, or made a bad pass, etc.

Matt, PJ, and Phil make just as many mistakes. Gal wants the ball at crunch time, unlike PJ and Phil, and most teams will deny Matt the ball leaving one option. Guess what, he is a Soph., not a Senior. The seniors should be demanding the ball. PJ. Not playing hot potato when you do get it. PHIL. And if no one else shows for the ball, or helps set a screen to get Matt the ball, what is Gal supposed to do? Shoot or keep dribbling are his two options, and knowing his shot wasn't falling last night, he kept trying to get the ball to SOMEONE.

Leave a comment:

• rrshock
    replied
    Originally posted by engrshock
    "or ASM would have kicked his TV causing any of the shots in the last 12 mins to fall....."

I am pretty sure that doesn't work. Neither does closing your eyes, covering your eyes, yelling, screaming or kicking anything else in range.
    It might not help, but does make a guy feel better about the situation. At least until you realize you have to replace the TV.

Leave a comment:

• engrshock
    replied
    "or ASM would have kicked his TV causing any of the shots in the last 12 mins to fall....."

I am pretty sure that doesn't work. Neither does closing your eyes, covering your eyes, yelling, screaming or kicking anything else in range.

Leave a comment:

• Awesome Sauce Malone
    replied
    Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
    Originally posted by SFL
    he also tried one of his patented jack-ass plays during Indiana States 21-0 run... he could have passed the ball to a wide-open teammate for a dunk, but instead he tried a fake-pass-dipsy-doo around a defender near the basket and short armed a lay-up
    If he makes that layup though everybody crowns his arse.
    Or if PJ, or JT make a FT, or PJ makes that Dunk, or Matt doesn't turn the ball over, or Ramon gets that rebound, or Coach calls a different play, or the guy working the scoreboard on the TV broadcast can add, or Bruce and Craig don't spend the last 13 mins of game talking about Creighton, Northern Iowa, Southern Illinois, and every other game they had won but gave away, if shockref had made that travel call, or ASM would have kicked his TV causing any of the shots in the last 12 mins to fall.....
    That wasnt my point but I agree with what you are saying.

Leave a comment:

• Downtown Shocker Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by SFL
    he also tried one of his patented jack-ass plays during Indiana States 21-0 run... he could have passed the ball to a wide-open teammate for a dunk, but instead he tried a fake-pass-dipsy-doo around a defender near the basket and short armed a lay-up
    If he makes that layup though everybody crowns his arse.
    Or if PJ, or JT make a FT, or PJ makes that Dunk, or Matt doesn't turn the ball over, or Ramon gets that rebound, or Coach calls a different play, or the guy working the scoreboard on the TV broadcast can add, or Bruce and Craig don't spend the last 13 mins of game talking about Creighton, Northern Iowa, Southern Illinois, and every other game they had won but gave away, if shockref had made that travel call, or ASM would have kicked his TV causing any of the shots in the last 12 mins to fall.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X