Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WstateU
    replied
    Matt obviously gave a great effort. However, he also had a few boneheaded plays during crucial times. Every player should take some responsibility for last night’s debacle. I usually let a loss go the next day… this one’s stuck in my craw.
    :-x

Leave a comment:

• ABC
    replied
    Originally posted by Smooth007
    I understand that Gal has made a lot of mistakes in critical times this year. I also understand he was our debatable MVP while Matt was injured. However, I do not understand embarrasing his players in this manor. Many of our players potential, athleticism and basketball abilities are capped or have reached their peak. This type of behavior, if consistently done, makes for a poor manager of human resources.
    He wasn't trying to embarrass his player, even if that was the result; he was trying to win the game.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by Smooth007
    I understand that Gal has made a lot of mistakes in critical times this year. I also understand he was our debatable MVP while Matt was injured. However, I do not understand embarrasing his players in this manor. Many of our players potential, athleticism and basketball abilities are capped or have reached their peak. This type of behavior, if consistently done, makes for a poor manager of human resources.
    I think we need to focus on the quote, ]"Marshall wants the ball in the hands of point guard Matt Braeuer as much as a possible." [/color]

Leave a comment:

• wsu789
    replied
    Smooth, I think you're way off here. Wasn't this yelled to Durley in the heat of the game after several Mekel TOs? Seems to me that is coaching.

Also, I'm guess there were about 10,000 viewers thinking, saying, or screaming the same thing at the TV.

Leave a comment:

• Smooth007
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BioShock
    replied
    You can probably count on 2 hands the number of times that Gal tried to do too much in the last 2 minutes and cost us dearly. So frustrating

Leave a comment:

• ShockRef
    replied
    He actually yelled it and it wasn't hard to hear. All GM did was say what the rest were thinking. Gal acted like he had never ran a break before. He looked like a HS kid coming down the floor during his first big game. 8)

Leave a comment:

• ABC
    started a topic Marshall: Don't give Gal the ball !!!

Marshall: Don't give Gal the ball !!!

I don't know if I've ever seen anything like this actually reported.

Think about it . . . don't give your SG the ball.

Marshall wants the ball in the hands of point guard Matt Braeuer as much as a possible.

He left no doubt about that in the final two minutes Tuesday. Marshall watched sophomore Gal Mekel dribble down the shot clock before leaving J.T. Durley with a desperation shot that resulted in a turnover.

Marshall screamed at Braeuer, "Don't give him (Mekel) the ball."
Working...
X