Alabama
    Tulsa
    Seton Hall
    New Mexico State

Memphis

DiamondHead X3

@ Detroit
    @ Utah

Even with 1 game to be determined (likely a home buy game) this is the most solid schedule I can remember in my lifetime. While the Shocks will likely be favored in every game (save Utah) you can hardly point to any game and say "we'll name the score against those guys".....every team so far will test WSU.

Our men should be well seasoned come Valley time.
    And it's pretty sweet that we get a decent chunk of them at home to boot!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      And it's pretty sweet that we get a decent chunk of them at home to boot!
      When you think about it, we'll only have 5 games on our home court, 1 @ Intrust, 4 neutral and 2 road games. Will there be another top 10 team with that ratio? How many teams in the top 50 will play 42% of their non-conference schedule on their home floor?

Comment

• Tommy Amaker only likes to do about one buy game a year and it's usually in the Northeast (UConn, etc.)...but man would it be fun to get Harvard down to Wichita this fall. They are going to be very, very good this year.

Alternatively, it would make a great 2 year home and home. We don't recruit Boston that heavily but we do seem to be hitting NY/NJ hard at the moment.

I also realize suggesting opponents is silly since literally anyone decent has already been explored in depth by Boatright, but hey, it's the offseason.

Comment

• **** Harvard

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            When you think about it, we'll only have 5 games on our home court, 1 @ Intrust, 4 neutral and 2 road games. Will there be another top 10 team with that ratio? How many teams in the top 50 will play 42% of their non-conference schedule on their home floor?
            Not Syracuse. They played 13 non-con games last year ... 4 neutral (3 in Maui and one at Madison Square Garden against St Johns). The rest were home games. Not a single away game (St John's game could possibly be an away game). Pansies! I'm not sure which is funnier -- Boeheim's scheduling last year or McDermott's annual blocks totals (though he did smash his previous best annual total as a freshman by 25% when he got a total of 5 blocks last year vs 4 as a freshman).

Comment

• Below are the not-terrible teams on the Basketball Travelers Scheduling Message Board who made posts in the last week and are willing to go/start on the road (2013-14 RPI in parentheses):

Boise State (81)- Boise State University needs two games to complete scheduling for 2014-2015. Would like to start at least one series at home but we are open to all options including buying a home game or being bought. Please call, text, or email with interest. (Posted 7/29)

Canisius (103)- Looking for a road guarantee to be played on December 13, 14, 15. (Posted 7/29)

Eastern Michigan (87)-Need 1 last game. Can start series at home (4 year deal - 1-2-1). Can be bought - prefer midwest. Would even consider a series on the road. Nov 26 (home), Nov 29 (home or road), Dec 3/4 (home), Dec 6 (road), Dec 27-Jan 3 (home/road). Kmondro@emich.edu. (Posted 7/27)

Houston (138)-UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON IS LOOKING FOR A HOME AND HOME SERIES. WILLING TO START ON THE ROAD. HIGH MID-MAJOR TO HIGH-MAJOR OPPONENT. DATES AVAILABLE ARE 11/19, 11/20, 11/21, 11/22, 11/29 & 11/30, 2014. (Posted 7/23)

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                Canisius (103)- Looking for a road guarantee to be played on December 13, 14, 15. (Posted 7/29)
                I can only assume Syracuse has already locked them up for all 3 of those dates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  LMAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    Are you kidding? That RPI is about 200 spots too high for Syracuse

Comment

• I'd be happy with a buy game with Boise St though.
                      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Houston would be an nice home and home, considering WSU's recruiting interest in the area, but it's hard to imagine that the info above is anything the athletic department hasn't known for a long time and explored thoroughly already. The low RPI rank last year shouldn't be a deterrent, because it can easily enough rise, especially in a good conference like the AAC.

Comment

• Yep, Sampson will probably get them rolling these next couple years before moving on. The Cougars also return their top 5 scorers from last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                            Yep, Sampson will probably get them rolling these next couple years before moving on. The Cougars also return their top 5 scorers from last season.
                            I think their top 2 scorers transferred. They were part of that big mess with Houston placing a ton of restrictions on their release. I think they'll be a mess for a couple of seasons. Then they'll probably be good for a couple of seasons. Then they'll probably be a huge mess for a few seasons because of what Sampson did to make them good for those couple of seasons.

Comment

• John Martin's twitter acct says he is

Columnist @929espn covering Memphis Tigers, Grizzlies, more. Your favorite producer's favorite producer (Geoff Calkins Show). Tips/hate: jdmartin@entercom.com

and just tweeted this:

@JohnMartin929: Josh Pastner says Tigers will enter opening game against Wichita State with one or two plays.

It's getting a few good retweet comments , my favorite is:

@ErinPeter2: “@JohnMartin929: Pastner says Tigers will enter opener against Wichita State with 1 or 2 plays” Not even fball season and excuses starting
                              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• I don't know everything about college basketball, but I would probably try to attack WSU's Top 15 defense with more than 1 play.

I've only seen one play that when executed properly immediately ends a game. Unfortunately for Memphis, that was Tekele's dunk last season at ISUr.

Comment

Working...
                                X