2014-15 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    I noticed that Utah is playing the Chickenhawks at Sprint Center rather than in Lawrence. Guess KU is losing its leverage...
    Is KU going to Salt Lake?

Ya, I didn't think so. Let's make comparisons that make sense and try to avoid the dumbass ones.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
      I don't think anyone is crying, it's just not something to get overly excited about. Would you be jumping for joy if we got Rutgers or TCU on the schedule? Not that they're better than (or even in the same ballpark quality wise as) Utah, but being excited based on conference affiliation when we're at the level that we're at is lame.
      This.

Nobody's crying. It's a good get. It's not a good neutral and home series though. We can do better with those.

And lol at the conference affiliation jab.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
        I don't think anyone is crying, it's just not something to get overly excited about. Would you be jumping for joy if we got Rutgers or TCU on the schedule? Not that they're better than (or even in the same ballpark quality wise as) Utah, but being excited based on conference affiliation when we're at the level that we're at is lame.
        Actually I wouldnt mind at all...because they play in conferences that are supposedly better then us in the eyes of the media and committee

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Is KU going to Salt Lake?

Ya, I didn't think so. Let's make comparisons that make sense and try to avoid the dumbass ones.
          winning on the road is that much sweeter and that much more of an effective win...

Comment

I'm guessing we'll probably do our usual couple of buy games, so the visit to Utah likely leaves 1 remaining spot for a H/H or neutral court showdown.

Thoughts, guesses and predictions on who we link up with? I haven't heard much on potential suitors for a few weeks and I'm sure a few of the more informed posters could shed some light ;)

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              This.

Nobody's crying. It's a good get. It's not a good neutral and home series though. We can do better with those.

And lol at the conference affiliation jab.
              Lol at you saying this is a neutral/home series. Intrust Bank Arena will be 99% full of WSU fans. Sure it's not at Koch Arena, but in no way is a game in Wichita not considered playing on the road to an opposing team.

Comment

So you're thinking, 771, that Ute fans don't travel to the Midwest for early season games?

Maybe their "neutral site" test at the Sprint Center against the Chickenhawks will give us a clue how many folks will be in red (I guess) when they come to Intrust two seasons from now.

Comment

Good (decent) get on the schedule. Question is will it be hard to sell-out Intrust Arena for Utah??? In the end...it doesn't really matter. Decent Pac-10 program.
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                    Good (decent) get on the schedule. Question is will it be hard to sell-out Intrust Arena for Utah??? In the end...it doesn't really matter. Decent Pac-10 program.
                    The key will be for Utah to have a good season this upcoming season. If they could make a run for an NCAA bid...even do some damage....then interest would build in the offseason. Put it on a weekend, and I am not concerned that about the crowd. Maybe not completely to the brim full....but still a very good crowd.
                    78-65

Comment

nvm

am confirmed idiot
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Krystowiak definitely has them trending well. He seems like a good guy and is building his program the right way, so it should be fun rooting for the Utes the next few years (aside from two games, obviously).

Wouldn't surprise me if Utah is a top 25 team by the time they return the trip to Wichita. If that's the case then I will like our odds of selling it out.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                          Screw Utah. It should not be hard to sell-out Intrust Arena for Wichita State. Fan bases that claim to be great and have F4 and 35-1 seasons in the "much closer than they appear" rear-view mirror should be filling every seat they can find to watch their team, not the opponent.

Also, I think the Utah series is a great addition to the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                            Krystowiak definitely has them trending well. He seems like a good guy and is building his program the right way, so it should be fun rooting for the Utes the next few years (aside from two games, obviously).

Wouldn't surprise me if Utah is a top 25 team by the time they return the trip to Wichita. If that's the case then I will like our odds of selling it out.

@JonRothstein: Utah has just received a commitment from 7-foot Austrian big man Yakob Poeltl (Class of 2014), source told @CBSSports.....
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
                              Lol at you saying this is a neutral/home series. Intrust Bank Arena will be 99% full of WSU fans. Sure it's not at Koch Arena, but in no way is a game in Wichita not considered playing on the road to an opposing team.
                              Then why play the freaking game at IBA?

Because Utah wasn't going to agree with the series otherwise?

I'm well aware of the fact that this game will have 99.9% WSU fans in it. But it isn't on our home court. Therefore it is not a true home and home.

lol at the fact that the entire point went over your head.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I saw in an article somewhere that Utah was expected to be a Top 5 Pac 12 program this next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X