No announcement yet.

2014-15 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, what happened to the Uconn and random B1G team talk?

Comment

DePaul. Ug.

Loyola. The Valley Loyola? of Maryland, of New Orleans, Marymount? Please tell me that it is not of Chicago.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        Yeah, what happened to the Uconn and random B1G team talk?
        Purdue was the random B1G team. UCLA was also mentioned to be in the works. Hope we can make both of those happen. Tennessee is all but done as a series now.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
          DePaul. Ug.

Loyola. The Valley Loyola? of Maryland, of New Orleans, Marymount? Please tell me that it is not of Chicago.
          Think Hank Gathers and Bo Kimble. That one.

Comment

I am sure there are smarter people than me working on the method to the scheduling madness here, but doesn't it seem like some of the tourney teams and other solid teams from this year should work together and schedule each other? In a way, it would help both parties--Southern Methodist, NC Central, George Washington, Steven F. Austin would all be teams that have proven themselves worthy of being on anyones schedule. Take that a step further and I'd still like to see Creighton scheduled (granted a down year, but keep something going). Gonzaga, VCU, and Saint Louis are all similarly structured programs that I think could work consistently well with the Shockers (tough to schedule with "major" schools becaus they might actually win). Just throwing out the discussion point that some "co-opetition" with others in the same situation might be a good approach.

Comment

Dumb question, but does anyone have loaction and dates for that opening tourney with Nebraska? Might be organizing a trip with little brother and a few Nebraska friends

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha_Shock View Post
                Dumb question, but does anyone have loaction and dates for that opening tourney with Nebraska? Might be organizing a trip with little brother and a few Nebraska friends
                Well, it's not an opening tournament. It is over Christmas and taking place in Hawaii. I'm looking forward to watching the Shocks on the championship day on Christmas Day on the mother ship.

Comment

I'm seeing tweets saying we are playing at Utah next season on Dec 3.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    Not a bad get but I hope that doesn't replace UConn.

Comment

They had an RPI of 82 and a kenPom of 42 last year. They appear to return the vast majority of their roster, and should even have a lot of it back for the following year. Could be a good deal.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          Ron, Fred, and Tekele should have good memories from their last trip to Salt Lake City.
                          78-65

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            They had an RPI of 82 and a kenPom of 42 last year. They appear to return the vast majority of their roster, and should even have a lot of it back for the following year. Could be a good deal.

They are definitely viewed as an ascending team... Utah that is.. Playing Kansas in the Sorint Center next year...
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

That's a solid home and home. Not an eye popping name, but probably a bubble caliber team who we'll have a decent chance at sweeping. Not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                                That's a solid home and home. Not an eye popping name, but probably a bubble caliber team who we'll have a decent chance at sweeping. Not bad.
                                I think they'll be more than a bubble team next year. Regardless, if the worst they are is a bubble team, that's a good home and home. We can get great schedules and potentially great seeds by playing home and homes with bubble teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X