Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Then why play the freaking game at IBA?

Because Utah wasn't going to agree with the series otherwise?

I'm well aware of the fact that this game will have 99.9% WSU fans in it. But it isn't on our home court. Therefore it is not a true home and home.

lol at the fact that the entire point went over your head.
    What is your point? We are getting what should be a Top 50 program to come to Wichita for a game, while it would be nice to play at Koch, it's obviously still not easy to get good teams to play us at Koch even with our recent success. I just find it funny that even when we get a decent team on the schedule that some people still have complaints. They act like we aren't trying hard enough to get games. Trust me, they are and if you still don't think schools like Tennessee and Utah don't consider a game in Wichita a road game I honestly don't know what to tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      I saw in an article somewhere that Utah was expected to be a Top 5 Pac 12 program this next year.
      Andy Katz made that same comment about Utah in a short video he did on ESPN about the outlook for the Shocks next year. The link is on Shockernet somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
        Krystowiak definitely has them trending well. He seems like a good guy and is building his program the right way, so it should be fun rooting for the Utes the next few years (aside from two games, obviously).

Wouldn't surprise me if Utah is a top 25 team by the time they return the trip to Wichita. If that's the case then I will like our odds of selling it out.
        One other thing that the chronic complainers overlook about games at Intrust is that it holds many more Shocker fans than CKA does. It may not be as intimidating because of location, acoustics, etc., but it's certainly a road game for teams coming in from around the country, and if the fans show up and get busy it can be plenty loud (and plenty yellow, or black, as the case may be). For that matter, is there any reason the fans can't stripe Intrust the way it's been done at Koch?

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
          One other thing that the chronic complainers overlook about games at Intrust is that it holds many more Shocker fans than CKA does. It may not be as intimidating because of location, acoustics, etc., but it's certainly a road game for teams coming in from around the country, and if the fans show up and get busy it can be plenty loud (and plenty yellow, or black, as the case may be). For that matter, is there any reason the fans can't stripe Intrust the way it's been done at Koch?
          Yeah, I've always thought the bargaining chip of IBA was odd logic when it comes to carrots for possible non-con opponents. Why do they care if they play in front of 15K, or 10.5K? You'd think with their ignorance to the subject they would prefer 10.5K CKA, as they may errantly assume it to be the less imposing crowd.

Comment

I assume the carrot is that they can take more boosters and fans to a game at IBA.
            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Perhaps Utah will be RANKED by the time they come to Wichita!!! That would be cool having the Shocks at say #6 and Utah at #18 or something like that!!!!
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

eff Eisenberg ‏@JeffEisenberg 1h
                There's a dropoff between those five and No. 6, but in the mix after that would be UNC, Florida, Wichita State, UConn and Louisville.

Jeff Eisenberg ‏@JeffEisenberg 1h
                My top five now that we know the early entries would look a lot like @jeffborzello's: 1. UK 2. Arizona 3. Duke 4. KU 5. Wisconsin
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I laugh when I see these preseason polls that rehash the same teams in the top 5. Not saying those teams won't be good but how long does KU continue to get the benefit of the doubt?

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    Yeah, I've always thought the bargaining chip of IBA was odd logic when it comes to carrots for possible non-con opponents. Why do they care if they play in front of 15K, or 10.5K? You'd think with their ignorance to the subject they would prefer 10.5K CKA, as they may errantly assume it to be the less imposing crowd.
                    I haven't read thru this entire thread, so forgive me if this has been answered. But don't the teams split the revenue equally when they play at a "neutral" arena as opposed to none if you play on the road?
                    Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                    Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

What I'd like to know: is there financial benefit for wsu in hosting a game downtown vs. adding another non-con game to the season ticket package? What' s the additional $$ look like? If it's significant, it might be time to add a second game at Intrust. Ticket holders should consider it as an opportunity to contribute to keeping the coaching staff intact.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53 View Post
                        What I'd like to know: is there financial benefit for wsu in hosting a game downtown vs. adding another non-con game to the season ticket package? What' s the additional $$ look like? If it's significant, it might be time to add a second game at Intrust. Ticket holders should consider it as an opportunity to contribute to keeping the coaching staff intact.
                        One game downtown is plenty.
                        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53 View Post
                          You obviously aren't a season tix holder
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I would not mind more games at IBA. (Yes, I have season tickets).
                            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

If Marshall uses it as a selling point for in coming recruits, it's obvious it's a place he thinks is one of the jewels of shocker nation. It might be Marshall's call rather than utahs.
                              I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                              If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Originally posted by LandStander View Post
                                If Marshall uses it as a selling point for in coming recruits, it's obvious it's a place he thinks is one of the jewels of shocker nation. It might be Marshall's call rather than utahs.
                                Vey possible. It's no secret that 3G loves playing games at IBA.

Comment

Working...
                                X