2014-15 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
    Not to nit pick but Cuonzo went to Cal and Haith went to Tulsa.
    Easy mistake to make. One is the Golden Bears and one is the Golden Hurricanes.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Easy mistake to make. One is the Golden Bears and one is the Golden Hurricane.
      FYP

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop View Post
        FYP
        Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
          Not to nit pick but Cuonzo went to Cal and Haith went to Tulsa.
          Sorry about that. I really don't pay that much attention to those teams. I remembered someone went to Tulsa.

Comment

• Looking at the Mountain West was a big disappointment to me. WSU would already have the second highest basketball budget in that conference. The biggest concern (and surprise) to me was that the 5 newest members all have budgets that look like typical MVC budgets. If SDSU and UNLV ever left this conference I am not sure it would be any better than the Valley. It is clear looking at these basketball budgets that the main emphasis for the MWC is football. In fact adding a team like San Jose St can be only be for football. It is clear that they really don't care that much about a school's basketball commitment at all.

Rank Team Basketball Budget
            57 SanDiegoSt 5609451
            WSU 5369577
            73 UNLV 4866927
            77 Colo. St 4461810
            87 New Mex 4056148
            104 Wyoming 2951297
            129 Utah St 2486258
            152 Fresno 2072700
            163 Nevada 1952380
            182 Boise St 1751700
            211 San Jose 1568297

Comment

• It is also interesting to note that only two teams not from one of the so-called major conferences (ACC,AMERICAN,BIG12,BIG10,SEC,PAC12,nBE) had a bigger basketball budget than WSU: Gonzaga #53 $5,947,963 budget and San Diego St #57- $5,609,451 budget. Also there were several teams from the so-called high major conferences that have smaller basketball budgets than WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                It is also interesting to note that only two teams not from one of the so-called major conferences (ACC,AMERICAN,BIG12,BIG10,SEC,PAC12,nBE) had a bigger basketball budget than WSU: Gonzaga #53 $5,947,963 budget and San Diego St #57- $5,609,451 budget. Also there were several teams from the so-called high major conferences that have smaller basketball budgets than WSU.
                Several with smaller budgets means 24 out of 83 teams in the major conferences; 28.9%.

ACC 3
                AMER 5
                BIG10 3
                BIG12 2
                nBE 3
                PAC12 5
                SEC 3
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                  SEC 3
                  The SEC sure does overpay for the product they receive.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                    Several with smaller budgets means 24 out of 83 teams in the major conferences; 28.9%.

ACC 3
                    AMER 5
                    BIG10 3
                    BIG12 2
                    nBE 3
                    PAC12 5
                    SEC 3
                    Additional information. Budget per seat based on capacity

WSU ranks 63rd compared to 62nd in total basketball budget.

However, the teams with smaller per seat budgets in the major conferences are 51 out of 83; 61.4%

ACC 8
                    AMER 7
                    BIG10 9
                    BIG12 4
                    nBE 8
                    PAC12 6
                    SEC 9
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Came to this thread looking for schedule news. Disappointed to see the continued derailment.

Comment

• Come on now, Alum -- you've had 530 posts. Surely you realized that derailment is standard Shockernet operating procedure about 500 posts ago.

Having said that, I agree. It can definitely be frustrating to think you're about to see something on topic and instead get something like -- well, like this post, for example.

Comment

• The continued derailment is actually somewhat informative. It tells you that there is nothing relevant or very significant going on with the original topic.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              The continued derailment is actually somewhat informative. It tells you that there is nothing relevant or very significant going on with the original topic.
                              Actually, so does silence, but I suppose that would be boring.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                                Actually, so does silence, but I suppose that would be boring.
                                Chances are when something on the 2014-15 Schedule does come up it will be posted as a derailment on another unrelated thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X