Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cuonzo finally Gonzo from the Dumpsterfire U.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
    Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
    Jeeez.......Pat Forde took the UT fanbase to the woodshed and embarrassed the hell out of them.
    I love me some Pat Forde. The Yahoo version of Pat Forde, that is.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        I can't tell if that's Tennessee or Illinois St.

Can you clarify?

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
          I can't tell if that's Tennessee or Illinois St.

Can you clarify?
          It's not necessarily an either/or answer!
          The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Updates from Monday, April 21 CBS Sports' Gary Parrish reports late Monday night that Donnie Tyndall will be the next coach at Tennessee: Earlier in the day the rumors were flying regarding the position...
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
              Tony Kornheiser thinks HCGM should leave for UT. He says it is a better job.

Michael Wilbon disagreed.
              Kornheiser is as delusional as the Vol fans are.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                Kornheiser is as delusional as the Vol fans are.
                Kornheiser is just taking the controversial (read: idiotic) side of the discussion so Wilbon can argue with him. Nothing to see here.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                  One poster said that there is no way that they could get him, because he's likely to wait for a job like NC State or OK State to open up. I wanted to register just to reply that he was still off the mark. They just keep throwing out names without any concept of what they're dealing with. And that isn't even considering that they just poisoned the well.
                  I registered on their site yesterday morning, and they still will not let me post. F*****g A******s.
                  "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Tennessee is such an unusual job. They aren't a blue blood but they have a fan base that thinks they are one. They play in an arena that seats 20,000. There isn't a parallel that I can draw to any other job in the country. In terms of fan support it could be a top 5 national job but the shadow from women's basketball can be harmful. It's not the type of job that would appeal to Marshall in my opinion because I think he's a big shot and trailing Butch Jones and Pat Summit wouldn't be something that he could handle.

Cuonzo was a horrible fit. Just an incredibly bad hire. Cal is even a worse fit for him. I don't get what he is doing. He won't be under a microscope in Berkeley, but I would be shocked if he is successful. I don't think his personality meshes well with West Coast kids at all.

Comment

[QUOTE=kcshocker11;487515]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-open-position[/QUOT

Typical Belcher Report article. Right out of the chute, starting with the very first sentence:

Marshall, 51, has built the Shockers program from perpetual doormat in the Missouri Valley Conference into a burgeoning national power.
                      I didn't realize one bad decade since 1945 made us a "perpetual doormat".

Then they quote this meathead:

Braden Gall @BradenGall Howland, Marshall are all about money. I don't think Miller is really an option. Both Tyndall and White would take it in a heartbeat. #Vols
                      Marshall is all about the money? Guess that explains why he turned down all of those higher paying BCS offers the last few seasons.
                      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                        Tony Kornheiser thinks HCGM should leave for UT. He says it is a better job.

Michael Wilbon disagreed.
                        Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                        Cornholer is as delusional as the Vol fans are.
                        Fixed...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                          Marshall is all about the money? Guess that explains why he turned down all of those higher paying BCS offers the last few seasons.
                          What I thought he meant was that for Tennessee to land Howland or Marshall, it would have to pay huge money. Not that Marshall personally "is all about the money", just the only thing that would make Tennessee better than WSU was a substantial pay raise.

I'm thinking 3-4 million/yr would be hard to turn down, even with their idiotic fanbase. But again, HCGM says you can't buy happy.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti
                            Two years ago, TN might have had a shot, but with Baker/VanVleet/Cotton/Carter returning, and WSU paying what they are paying, and the perks with this job i.e. charter flights to away games, jet for recruiting, fanbase, facilities, I just don't see anything Coach Marshall would even sniff at in TN. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.
                            ^This! After Marshall has made so many comments about the loyalty and commitment exhibited by FVV in his decision to come to Wichita State, I just don't see HCGM not reciprocating. He has made it pretty plain to me that he believes he's got the best point guard in basketball. Why leave that?

Comment

I know this is a little late, but here is an article from Parrish about the TN job. I didn't see it posted before. He talks about HCGM quite a bit.

Comment

according to that article, Marshall is all about money....

....sorry, just read @ripemupshocks: comment. Disregard...
                                I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                                If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X