WSU Baseball vs Winner Game 11: ​

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cuonzo finally Gonzo from the Dumpsterfire U.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it's natural for virtually every fanbase to vastly overrate their school's job in relation to the national perception, and that's just the way it goes. But good lord are they in for a rude awakening whenever their new hire is announced. I'll take a 'wait and see' approach, but I almost feel sorry for that man already.

Comment

Tony Kornheiser thinks HCGM should leave for UT. He says it is a better job.

Michael Wilbon disagreed.
      The Assman

Comment

Not only would 3G not be the most important coach on campus at Tennessee, in some way, he might not even be the most important basketball coach on campus at Tennessee.
        78-65

Comment

I read a suggestion of Forbes as a candidate. I think we keep him too.
          Phi Alpha

Comment

Tennessee fans seem to think they can get any candidate they want. It is really quite hilarious.

NEWS FLASH: You are NOT a (men's) basketball university!!
            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Speed View Post
              I read a suggestion of Forbes as a candidate. I think we keep him too.
              I can't see Tenn hiring a current assistant coach. We, as fans, would not accept that type of hire here regardless of how ready Forbes may be. They are in for a rude awakening, i believe. Cuanzo was not exactly a hot commodity when he took the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed View Post
                I dont see Boyle leaving home.
                agreed
                wasn't he an assistant at Tennessee in the past?

Also as mentioned below I see they have listed forbes as somebody to look at.

Comment

I could see them ending up with a guy like Chris Mack or Archie Miller. I know Archie just signed an extension but I still think he could be in play.

I see a lot of parallels between Chris Peterson of Boise State/Washington fame and Gregg Marshall. I see Marshall turning down several good jobs until the time is right for him to move. Peterson didn't show much interest in USC, UCLA, Oregon, Notre Dame, Michigan, etc. but the situation changed at BSU and he jumped at Washington which is a lesser job than any of those previous schools I listed. I believe something similar happens with Marshall. I don't see this being the right time for the UT job however.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                    I could see them ending up with a guy like Chris Mack or Archie Miller. I know Archie just signed an extension but I still think he could be in play.

I see a lot of parallels between Chris Peterson of Boise State/Washington fame and Gregg Marshall. I see Marshall turning down several good jobs until the time is right for him to move. Peterson didn't show much interest in USC, UCLA, Oregon, Notre Dame, Michigan, etc. but the situation changed at BSU and he jumped at Washington which is a lesser job than any of those previous schools I listed. I believe something similar happens with Marshall. I don't see this being the right time for the UT job however.
                    I believe you have no idea what you are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
                      I believe you have no idea what you are talking about.
                      Has he ever?

Comment

Went back to read vol nation again tonight. Good god, their fans are truly horrible. Some are calling him a cry baby because he couldn't deal with all of the harassment that he and his family endured. Some are saying that for 1 million plus he should be able to deal with that. No one should have to deal with that.

Comment

Jeeez.......Pat Forde took the UT fanbase to the woodshed and embarrassed the hell out of them.
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                            Went back to read vol nation again tonight. Good god, their fans are truly horrible. Some are calling him a cry baby because he couldn't deal with all of the harassment that he and his family endured. Some are saying that for 1 million plus he should be able to deal with that. No one should have to deal with that.
                            Apparantly some UT nut jobs were calling his wife's place of work and being assholes.
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                              Apparantly some UT nut jobs were calling his wife's place of work and being assholes.
                              It sounds like people were taking it to his house as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X