R rumors allowed on this board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoxtop View Post
    Conner needs a team like Evansville to truly be successful. A team that runs their whole offense through one guy that gets about 20 shots a night and gets at least three screens per possession. I don't see him being that successful in Marshall's system.
    The above statement is false.

He did come out of the womb with KU gear on though.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I doubt that these rumors are true and I hate to even comment on them. However, people saying that Conner wouldn't play or be a vital part of WSU are just flat-out wrong.

Comment

I told you guys they didn't have room for Connor in Tyler Self's hatchback.... I told you all.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
          He basically saved KU in the first game handling the ball. What planet are you on? He would sit next year and have three years beginning when Ron and Fred are seniors. Also, calling him a leftover is silly when Self put the ball in his hands to take the last shot against Stanford. More likely it's Conner's decision.

All that said, I am dubious that he would want to leave or that Self would want him gone.
          It just seems to me, if any of this is true, that he made a choice against WSU and since things haven't worked out the way he thought now he wants to come running back. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't appreciate being someone's afterthought.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
            I doubt that these rumors are true and I hate to even comment on them. However, people saying that Conner wouldn't play or be a vital part of WSU are just flat-out wrong.
            You're correct. Frankcamp would definitely contribute for WSU, but I wonder whether he has what it takes to become the defender that Marshall would demand.
            Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Originally posted by ICTShockerFan View Post
              It just seems to me, if any of this is true, that he made a choice against WSU and since things haven't worked out the way he thought now he wants to come running back. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't appreciate being someone's afterthought.
              The prodigal son
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by ICTShockerFan View Post
                Did he ever publicly say anything bad about the WSU basketball program?? I can't remember anything like that. So we're just going to judge a decision made by a 16/17 year-old for the rest of his life?

All that matters is if Gregg thinks a player would help the team win and whether or not a player would be a good representative of WSU.

Comment

I find it interesting that we willingly accept all other transfers without tagging them as someone else's leftovers', and yet we have problems because it might be a KU/Wichita kid.Say what you want about Frankamp, with his style of play, his parents, whether he fits HERE or not, whether he could play for Gregg or not, but to say the kid can't play OR LEARN to play in a style is ridiculous.And if he DID come, he would be with our other, better guards for one year, after honing his skills in practice against All Americans.
                  I have zero care if he comes or not, but I would hope he's not butchered by a bad first choice.

Comment

After watching Connor play numerous times and reading his tweets, he is EXACTLY the type of player I would hate to have as a Shocker. Arrogant, self-driven, and has never played team-oriented basketball. Wouldn't make sense for him to come here on thirty different levels, so I'm gonna toss that out.

However, I did hear a rumor earlier this season that Evan (and especially his parents) were unhappy with his playing time here, and that he might leave the program. That might free up a spot, if true. I'm still gonna guess that it's not, but hey, this is the internet.
                    "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                    Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

I personally would hate for Evan to leave. I just think he needs more playing time to get into shooting rhythm. That didn't happen this past year. Evan is a good player (needs to hone up his free throw shooting though). Do we have better options or does Evan want to leave -- I don't profess to have any inside information. All I can say is I hope he is here next year and that he has one great year. I think his teammates would miss him, particularly Baker.

Comment

Evan leaving? Don't know if that would happen. Is he this years Jake White?

Connor would be a decent player here if he played defense.

Comment

Evan's minutes increased throughout the season. Also, wouldn't he need a Grant Gibbs like exception to play more than one transfer season?
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Its been floating around Shocketnet but I see no evidence of the rumor in Lawrence.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

I heard it was Embiid. And he was a package deal with a Wiggins. Or was it A. Wiggins?

Anyway. I heard Marshall said our Wiggins produced more than 5 points in his last game of the NCAA tournament, and declined to accept them as Pay Your Own Way transfers.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
                                After watching Connor play numerous times and reading his tweets, he is EXACTLY the type of player I would hate to have as a Shocker. Arrogant, self-driven, and has never played team-oriented basketball. Wouldn't make sense for him to come here on thirty different levels, so I'm gonna toss that out.

However, I did hear a rumor earlier this season that Evan (and especially his parents) were unhappy with his playing time here, and that he might leave the program. That might free up a spot, if true. I'm still gonna guess that it's not, but hey, this is the internet.
                                I liked the first part of your post. Not the second... that second part can suck it.

Comment

Working...
                                X