R rumors allowed on this board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
    I just got word from a source that Tekele Cotton is redshirting next season so he can finish with Baker, FVV and Wessel.
    ... That source is my backside by the way

Aaron Ellis called me and said he likes the idea
    Last edited by Dave Stalwart; March 27, 2014, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
      A "leftover" from Oregon helped lead WSU to the Final Four last year. Just sayin'.
      True but...

1) Malcolm wasn't from Wichita
      2) Malcolm didn't choose to play for KU
      3) Malcolm wasn't a lifelong KU fan

Comment

Exercise in ....
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
          Exercise in ....

Mental Masturbation...
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by ICTShockerFan View Post
            True but...

1) Malcolm wasn't from Wichita
            2) Malcolm didn't choose to play for KU
            3) Malcolm wasn't a lifelong KU fan
            You are aware Ron Baker was a KU fan growing up, right?

I don't really care who someone roots for as long as they want to come in and are good enough to make this program even better.

Edit: And yeah, this is a dumb rumor. Unfortunately, this is what the off season does to us...

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                That's what she said!

Exactly my point! If this had been my GF at age 18, I'd consider transferring to be closer! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  I'm shocked. They weren't residents in the dorms this past year?
                  Hahaha, well this might have been an old rumor. I hope if they read Shockernet they get the humor in all this. Because my kid was born to be a Shocker, so I get it.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                    I just got word from a source that Tekele Cotton is redshirting next season so he can finish with Baker, FVV and Wessel.
                    Ok, I laughed!

Comment

I'm with ya, I'd hate to see Evan leave
                      "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                      Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                        Not to substantiate any rumors, or even stating my desire or not for said rumor to be true, but 18 y.o. kids transfer for much sillier reasons than anything explained here. Dreiling transferred from WSU to KU to be closer to his girlfriend. These are kids, and sometimes do childish things. Wouldn't be surprised if CF is rethinking his decision and shopping around, but it may be something we all wouldn't think of because we're past the 18 y.o. stage (thankfully! I can hold my liquor better now!).
                        So the fact WSU was being put on three probabtion by the NCAA had nothing to do with it??? Or did you just block that part from ur memory.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          Shouldn't you be on the Bears board, Flip?
                          Da Bears? Baylor? or Mo State? Not sure I understand your post, I didn't say anything regarding playingballwithjesus.org or sandalsgowithanything.net ?

Edit: I know this is totally irrelevant to anyone else and the subject but I made myself laugh typing it up and pinstripers should know what I'm talking about.

Comment

I don't think KU would allow a player to transfer to Wichita St. That makes them look kinda backwards....
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Lots of hurt feelings in this thread...

Frankamp not playing more this season was a reflection on Self's bias rather than CF's ability. I think it's safe to say that Self has had some sleepless nights over his decision to go all in with Tharpe early this season. It backfired significantly. KU is most likely still playing this weekend if Self had turned the role over to Frankamp.

Frankamp was actually better on defense than expected. He was solid. He also had a total of 3 turnovers in 225 minutes of playing time this season...including none after Jan 13. Yes, you read that right. He also shot better than 36% from three in the 11 games that he played 10 or more minutes.

FYI as it relates to the redshirt question. Self simply doesn't redshirt freshmen unless it's a medical redshirt. He likes to preserve the transfer option. Redshirting is a 2nd year decision at KU.

KU's plus - minus with Frankamp in the game down the stretch was comical. Frankamp was the best point guard on KU's roster and Self quite simply screwed the pooch.

CF certainly made a poor college decision based on emotion. KU's system is a very bad fit for him. He would be well advised to transfer, but I imagine he will stick it out and play his four seasons without one off the ball pick.

Anyone in this thread who believes Frankamp wouldn't be a slam dunk option for WSU is delusional. I am glad our coach is more intelligent than a butt hurt group of fans.

Comment

I would welcome Frankcamp, only if HE wanted to be at WSU.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X