No announcement yet.

**WSU @ Loyola - Chicago Official Game Thread**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loyola was quick. I think they had more FGs than us and shot in the upper 40s in FG percentage. Is this a weakness in our armor - quick/fast teams? Or was tonight just an anomaly?

Comment

• @MattNorlander: When Cuse loses at home to a 7-19 BC team, maybe we appreciate all the more what Wichita State is doing.
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Horrible post defense. Let them get to the basket way to easy. Thought the guys looked more gassed than usual. Probably just the grind of February ball.... I hope.

In the end it's another double digit win. Can't really be upset about that! Go SHOX!
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• KC, just enjoy.
          In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
            Loyola was quick. I think they had more FGs than us and shot in the upper 40s in FG percentage. Is this a weakness in our armor - quick/fast teams? Or was tonight just an anomaly?
            Yeah, they really exposed us. The played one of their better games of the year so they could only lose to us by 14 on their home court. We in big trouble.

LOL.

Comment

• [QUOTE=jTocoshock;464531]@MattNorlander: When Cuse loses at home to a 7-19 BC team, maybe we appreciate all the more what Wichita State is doing.[/QUOTE That's what I'm talking about!

Comment

Rambler fan says,

"Having seen WSU play us twice, and having watched a number of Big 10 games this year...I have to disagree, Brot. WSU fans may scoff at this, but I'll be blunt: They aren't a top 5 team. Can they make a run in the tournament? Sure, if everything falls right for them, like it did last year and did for Butler a couple years. But I don't think that will happen. To put it another way: Illinois is having a terrible year, but head to head I'd give them an even shot to beat WSU. Let's be honest, we're not a good team. We did not play a good game tonight, and we did not get blown out of the gym. The last time a team ranked this high came to Gentile was Michigan State my Senior year, and they absolutely blew us out of the gym before the first half was over. This WSU, while good, is just not at that level. I may be wrong, but they're gonna have to prove it."

Well sir, we will have an opportunity to prove it. I'm thinking you wish you could sniff the CIT tourney. See you in Saint Lou.
                I felt like we sleep-walked through both games against Loyola. And still beat them by a combined 26 points.
                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Loyola was quick. I think they had more FGs than us and shot in the upper 40s in FG percentage. Is this a weakness in our armor - quick/fast teams? Or was tonight just an anomaly?
                  Could be a weakness. Good news is the SHOX usually play better against bigger and more athletic teams, which is mostly what they will face in the tourney.

It was annoying seeing them slice the defense up in the 2nd half. In the end I am just chalking it up to typical February ball.... I think....
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Shocks clinch a tie for the Valley regular season championship and clinch the No. 1 seed in St. Louis. But this team clearly wants more and these milestones are no doubt barely a blip on their radar screens.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Shocks clinch a tie for the Valley regular season championship and clinch the No. 1 seed in St. Louis. But this team clearly wants more and these milestones are no doubt barely a blip on their radar screens.
                      I will say it has felt this team has been on a mission since day 1. And I don't think that mission is close to accomplished. These guys have their eyes on the prize.

A lot of fun watching them make history!!

Comment

The weakness in our armor is boredom. This team has consistently responded to being challenged, and consistently eased off on weaker teams.
                        Originally posted by BleacherReport
                        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Enjoy the win, I am not enjoying Loyola just dropping our SOS 11 points to 104th. Freakin' crap program. I know, Rome wasn't built in a day and I need to give them a chance to help shore up this conference. But damn!

Comment

• Damn coach will not let that FT shooting question die.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                              Damn if this damage from the botched up kidney stone surgery keeps me from going to St. Louis I am going to be pissed!

I feel for you. I have had the surgery and have also passed stones several times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                                Damn coach will not let that FT shooting question die.
                                Was about to give ya a S/O on that..

Comment

Working...
                                X