No announcement yet.

**WSU @ Loyola - Chicago Official Game Thread**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach says Fred thinks he had a blocked shot not a turnover.

Comment

• Nets come down Saturday !!!!

Comment

• By the way, did we just win a Championship tonight?

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
          Rambler fan says,

"Having seen WSU play us twice, and having watched a number of Big 10 games this year...I have to disagree, Brot. WSU fans may scoff at this, but I'll be blunt: They aren't a top 5 team. Can they make a run in the tournament? Sure, if everything falls right for them, like it did last year and did for Butler a couple years. But I don't think that will happen. To put it another way: Illinois is having a terrible year, but head to head I'd give them an even shot to beat WSU. Let's be honest, we're not a good team. We did not play a good game tonight, and we did not get blown out of the gym. The last time a team ranked this high came to Gentile was Michigan State my Senior year, and they absolutely blew us out of the gym before the first half was over. This WSU, while good, is just not at that level. I may be wrong, but they're gonna have to prove it."

Well sir, we will have an opportunity to prove it. I'm thinking you wish you could sniff the CIT tourney. See you in Saint Lou.
          Don't tell me we're going to end up getting BCS apologists in the disguise of Loyola fans showing up. That might actually be worse than sCUm fans.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

By the way, did we just win a Championship tonight?
            Locked up co. So yes.

Comment

• BTW, we are the only team to beat Loyola at home this year by double-figures. Loyola is now 8-5 at home on the season. Their other 4 losses at home were by 6, 4, 4, and 9 points.

Comment

By the way, did we just win a Championship tonight?
                Clinched co-championship and No. 1 seed in St. Louis. Can clinch outright regular season championship with a win on Saturday vs Drake at Koch Arena. If we do HCGM said they will cut down the nets after the game.

Comment

Enjoy the win, I am not enjoying Loyola just dropping our SOS 11 points to 104th. Freakin' crap program. I know, Rome wasn't built in a day and I need to give them a chance to help shore up this conference. But damn!
                  We are way past the point of SoS doing us any harm. Enjoy the win. Enjoy 28-0. Enjoy the SI cover. Forget about the SoS
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Rambler fan says,

"Having seen WSU play us twice, and having watched a number of Big 10 games this year...I have to disagree, Brot. WSU fans may scoff at this, but I'll be blunt: They aren't a top 5 team. Can they make a run in the tournament? Sure, if everything falls right for them, like it did last year and did for Butler a couple years. But I don't think that will happen. To put it another way: Illinois is having a terrible year, but head to head I'd give them an even shot to beat WSU. Let's be honest, we're not a good team. We did not play a good game tonight, and we did not get blown out of the gym. The last time a team ranked this high came to Gentile was Michigan State my Senior year, and they absolutely blew us out of the gym before the first half was over. This WSU, while good, is just not at that level. I may be wrong, but they're gonna have to prove it."

Well sir, we will have an opportunity to prove it. I'm thinking you wish you could sniff the CIT tourney. See you in Saint Lou.
                    Some guy responded to him saying he agreed because we "barely covered" against their terrible team... I don't understand. Do they not get how spreads work? It's not like we barely won, it just means we barely won by more than Vegas predicted... This is actually the dumbest argument I've ever heard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                      Nets come down Saturday !!!!
                      Details please?

I won't be surprised if Coach said that. He BELIEVES in celebrating accomplishments, and winning the Valley certainly qualifies.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                        Some guy responded to him saying he agreed because we "barely covered" against their terrible team... I don't understand. Do they not get how spreads work? It's not like we barely won, it just means we barely won by more than Vegas predicted... This is actually the dumbest argument I've ever heard.

How many three's did they just throw in at the end there? 3? 4? No one really going to take that in account? Jeez.

Comment

• I've finally figured out why the MVC added Loyola. It was to give FVV 3 extra "home" games every year.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Details please?

I won't be surprised if Coach said that. He BELIEVES in celebrating accomplishments, and winning the Valley certainly qualifies.
                            He said it in the post game. We win. They are coming down.
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Details please?

Post game interview,HCGM said the nets come down with a win on Saturday.

EDIT : JINX!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                                if we get these tools in St. Louis, and they try that **** again, we should post someone under our basket, preferably Tekele, and let him put on a show!
                                I'm all for hard blind screens and lob city.

Consider it a victory lap.
                                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                                -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                                X