No announcement yet.

**WSU @ Loyola - Chicago Official Game Thread**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought it was pretty effing hilarious when they showed Mike holding the phone for Bob to talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
      I ain't mad at that, Cle needs to pull his head out sometimes.
      No reason to fault Clearly on that.
      In the fast lane

Comment

• This is what I like. I like being the last undefeated team in Div. 1. Tonight, we drew lots of throws and made bunches (91%). I like a quarterback that can score 22 (11 +11) and make assists until the cows come home. We rebounded in the 2nd half like rock stars and 41-24 overall. Carter gets 13 off the bench. Cle scored plenty. Last but not least, I am diggin on 28-0. creighton better thank their lucky stars they left the 'Valley of Shock' because we would have used them like a rented mule.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
          Style points - meh. Rankings - meh. As long as we get the W and just as important, staying healthy, that's all this man cares about right now.
          Publicity wise, rankings do matter.

Don't pretend that they don't either. We have a 70-page thread about them here on this site.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I'm with you on all counts, especially the staying healthy part! I'm the biggest Ron Baker fan out there, but he's starting to remind me of my childhood and lifelong friend from Clearwater who would would come up lame on numerous occasions, only to return to save the day! I shouldn't have gone there, but I did! Ha!

Comment

• Undefeated Marshall.jpg

Comment

• 28-0? Check.
                Only undefeated team in the country? Check.
                Fred Van Vleet was perfect shooting tonight? Check.
                Bouncy knockers in the game thread? Check.

What a night!
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                  Damn if this damage from the botched up kidney stone surgery keeps me from going to St. Louis I am going to be pissed!
                  get well.
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Rambler fan says,

"Having seen WSU play us twice, and having watched a number of Big 10 games this year...I have to disagree, Brot. WSU fans may scoff at this, but I'll be blunt: They aren't a top 5 team. Can they make a run in the tournament? Sure, if everything falls right for them, like it did last year and did for Butler a couple years. But I don't think that will happen. To put it another way: Illinois is having a terrible year, but head to head I'd give them an even shot to beat WSU. Let's be honest, we're not a good team. We did not play a good game tonight, and we did not get blown out of the gym. The last time a team ranked this high came to Gentile was Michigan State my Senior year, and they absolutely blew us out of the gym before the first half was over. This WSU, while good, is just not at that level. I may be wrong, but they're gonna have to prove it."

Well sir, we will have an opportunity to prove it. I'm thinking you wish you could sniff the CIT tourney. See you in Saint Lou.

Comment

• Now we are set up to clinch at home. Will we cut down the nets if we beat Drake on Saturday or wait until after the Missouri State game.

I think I would prefer the latter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dshocker View Post
                        Do you think Craig Stevens know that he's an idiot?
                        But he looked very astute standing there listening to Bruce do his half of the job for him on the post-game interview.

Comment

Rambler fan says,

"Having seen WSU play us twice, and having watched a number of Big 10 games this year...I have to disagree, Brot. WSU fans may scoff at this, but I'll be blunt: They aren't a top 5 team. Can they make a run in the tournament? Sure, if everything falls right for them, like it did last year and did for Butler a couple years. But I don't think that will happen. To put it another way: Illinois is having a terrible year, but head to head I'd give them an even shot to beat WSU. Let's be honest, we're not a good team. We did not play a good game tonight, and we did not get blown out of the gym. The last time a team ranked this high came to Gentile was Michigan State my Senior year, and they absolutely blew us out of the gym before the first half was over. This WSU, while good, is just not at that level. I may be wrong, but they're gonna have to prove it."

Well sir, we will have an opportunity to prove it. I'm thinking you wish you could sniff the CIT tourney. See you in Saint Lou.
                          Haha. This is funny on so many levels.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Rambler fan says,

We already proved it last year.

For some people, 28-0 just isn't that impressive. I mean, you have to be fluky to win 28 games in a row.

I could care less what the basketball-challenged, elementary school fans think though. They don't even belong in this weak ass conference.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Thought for a few minutes tonight that both of our poll superiors were going to drop games, turns out at least one of them did. I never have cared for that exclusive zone playing team anyway, still hoping for a #1 ranking before it's all said and done. Go Shockers!

Comment

• Originally posted by fairbanksfan View Post
                                I'm with you on all counts, especially the staying healthy part! I'm the biggest Ron Baker fan out there, but he's starting to remind me of my childhood and lifelong friend from Clearwater who would would come up lame on numerous occasions, only to return to save the day! I shouldn't have gone there, but I did! Ha!
                                Dave 'the Rave' Stallworth once played a half of an exhibition game at Clearwater and had well over 20 points and FSF witnessed that performance. It seemed like the Clearwater town team was playing the Harlem Magicians?
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X