No announcement yet.

**WSU @ Loyola - Chicago Official Game Thread**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, we're not top 5 because we didn't stomp them by 30? That's fair. We may get lucky like last year and go on a run but that doen't mean we're really good? Ok, that makes sense. At the end of the day, we're pretty good at beating the teams we have to play. If we keep it up, we can luck our way to another final four while Loyola's sorry team watches from their living room.

Comment

• Originally posted by chicagoshocker View Post
      So much for the Jesuit honor code. A weird code it is. Never been to a game where they said a prayer before a game where beer/wine were served.
      I'm not sure, but I think Jesus said a few prayers where wine was served . Think I read somewhere that He even changed some nasty well water into some pretty good wine.

Comment

• Fred got some hometown scoring that scored him as perfect from the floor.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Unless the counted the blocked shot as TO....which they shouldn't have.
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
            Loyola was quick. I think they had more FGs than us and shot in the upper 40s in FG percentage. Is this a weakness in our armor - quick/fast teams? Or was tonight just an anomaly?
            Loyola was fouling our shooters. Hence, some of our possessions did not end with a field goal attempt. It ended with with free throw attempts. Loyola was in a fouling mood. It was a major factor in causing the Shocks to have less field goal attempts and makes.

Loyola's field goal make percentage was 46.0%. Higher than desired, but no need to step out on the ledge.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• It sounded like their student section kept chanting at Baker "need a haircut." Looked to me like he had a cut recently,
              but I'm sure he appreciated their advice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                It sounded like their student section kept chanting at Baker "need a haircut." Looked to me like he had a cut recently,
                but I'm sure he appreciated their advice.
                They were chanting "6th grade haircut"

Comment

Ha! Was that supposed to get in his head?

Comment

That's actually kinda funny

Comment

• Originally posted by chitown_shocker View Post
                      Here is a pic from Chicago:
                      How quaint

Comment

• I didn't read all the way through this thread but didn't see this mentioned. If it has been, so be it because it needs to be said again. Bruce H mentioned in the pregame that Cle only needed 18 points to reach his 1,000th point at WSU. Cle had 18 points in last night's game. And he has done this in less than two full seasons at WSU. Just wondering what his total might have been like if we had had him for four full seasons with a redshirt season to start with.

Comment

• Originally posted by chitown_shocker View Post
                          Here is a pic from Chicago:
                          That reminds me of the 6A HS gym that I played intramural BB in. This is the best the Valley could get? I'm old enough to remember John Egan, Jerry Harkness and Corkie Bell, I appreciate their history, but come on. If the phone situation for MK is any indication, they are a looong way from up to date. Their idiot fan can EABOD if he thinks the Shocks aren't worthy of their ranking.
                          One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• I am thinkin the Illinois schools run this conference the way the Longhorns run the Big 12.

Comment

Ron had a 60-second conversation with the Loyola guys holding that sign after the game...not sure what was said but it looked friendly enough. Loyola fans were pretty amused by whatever he said!
                              Bruce Heartl also mentioned that on Sports Daily this morning. Said it look like Ron charmed them and they were patting him on the back and apparently wishing him luck when he headed off the court.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 20, 2014, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                I am thinkin the Illinois schools run this conference the way the Longhorns run the Big 12.
                                At least the 'Horns are a big draw in their conference. It makes some limited sense that their gravitational pull is stronger than the rest. How much money are the Ill schools gonna kick into the till? It's pretty apparent to me that the league knows that WSU is on an island without a boat. How many thank yous have you heard from the rest of the Valley for the checks from last year? This year won't be any different. We are the only draw in this league and Loyola only gets a mention in the media because they get to play the Shocks twice. Otherwise, nobody even knows they are still around. WSU can't get out of this crap league soon enough for me. Where's my boat?
                                Last edited by Shoxthemonkey; February 20, 2014, 02:15 PM. Reason: spelling is hrad
                                One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Working...
                                X