#2 Wichita State vs. Southern Illinois OFFICIAL Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
    People are so damn whiny in the first half of games.

We're 25-0. At what point do you people ever develop any confidence in your team?
    I don't want put words in peoples' mouths, but I don't think it has anything to do with confidence in our team...against the **** which is the Missouri Valley Conference. It is about not having as much confidence if, or when, we spot a quality NCAA tourny team these kind of performances.

Comment

You whine in every single one of these game threads, and then disappear the moment we start doing well.

A few bad minutes in a game doesn't justify turning on your team.
      I really don't post that often, but don't go and let the truth get in the way of your narrative, Pollyanna. And I have no idea what it means to "turn on your team." I doubt they're reading this. Maybe they are, which would explain all of this.

Comment

Goodness we are playing awful.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
          I don't want put words in peoples' mouths, but I don't think it has anything to do with confidence in our team...against the **** which is the Missouri Valley Conference. It is about not having as much confidence if, or when, we spot a quality NCAA tourny team these kind of performances.
          How did our performances look against "the **** which is the Missouri Valley Conference" last season?

How did we do when we spotted quality NCAA tourney teams?
          Originally posted by BleacherReport
          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

That's pretty funny, tw805. It would explain a lot.

Comment

If Barry messes up the finish on the court I hope Sexton hits him with a bill.
              "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

Cant buy a basket.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Baker having a rough offensive game.

Comment

Whats pissing me off is just the 2nd chances we are giving them. We also let these teams hang around. Which needs to stop.

We have way too many turnovers.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                      Over on mvcfans you said that you hadn't ever seen baker dunk. I'm wondering if anyone else remembers him throwing down just a ridiculous dunk really early in the season last year at home? It wasn't Tekele Cotton good, but it was definitely something.
                      I feel like I should, and yet don't.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Has anyone thought that maybe this team just hasn't hit its peak yet? I'd rather save our best basketball for the toughest opponents in the tournament. It doesn't matter how much we win these next few games by because it's just building up to our ultimate goal

Comment

That was a really lazy pass by Derail. 3G ain't gonna like that.

Comment

Why is Fred not playing?
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

It has come to this.....Lo I am ruptured....
                              For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                              - said no one ever...

Comment

How did our performances look against "the **** which is the Missouri Valley Conference" last season?

How did we do when we spotted quality NCAA tourney teams?
                                It's shittier this year, whether Creighton was here or not. You must think it is good to consistently have to make big runs to beat these teams. I have heard it from many fans, this is not a good blue print to be 25-0...but I'm glad we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X