No announcement yet.

#5 Wichita State vs. Indiana State - Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love how the media tried to build this game up into something more then it was; a good old-fashion butt whippin'.
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
      I say rest Baker for the next four games. His teammates got this. We'll need him for the return ISU B game at their joint. We've got enough talent and gumption to take down our next four opponents without his help. Let his ankle heal.
      Baker in the postgame said his ankle is getting better and that he has more mobility. So I don't think he needs to rest.

Comment

• It has not always been this way. Many moons ago, the Shocks were somewhere aound 0-5 or 0-6 and the BlueJays came, we did a "black-out" and we sent them away a loser. What was always this way though, was the Shocker fans still believed, were excited, and now it is our turn to continue to build a very solid Program as our beloved Shocks set new records every time we go live.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
          I love how the media tried to build this game up into something more then it was; a good old-fashion butt whippin'.
          Upset alert my ass

Comment

• Against the #2, #3 and #4 teams in the Valley we have a 17.6 pt average margin of victory. Nope, there's no separation for the Shockers in this league.

Mind you, I don't expect the same margin of victory when we go to there houses, but damn!

Comment

• So we are now 6-0 with wins already against the entire top half of the league standings.

We could probably go 7-5 at this point and still take it.

My goodness.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                So we are now 6-0 with wins already against the entire top half of the league standings.

My goodness.
                Still have to play at Indiana State and at UNI…at Drake and at the Redbirds might be tough too. We'll see. This team is fun!!!
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Things I loved today. They had to work hard to score every solitary shot. I don't give a rip-van-winkle-in-his-little-brown-jar how good they shoot the rock in times past. We were on them like a cheap suit, like a swarm of angry honey bees being agitated, and were chopping wood like lumber jacks at prime time. CJ was an animal today with his 'double your pleasure(10-points) and double our fun (11 boards) and was not even chewing doublemint gum. Yipes, stipes, beechnut gum as WStateU would proclaim!!! Cle drew more attention than a rock star and instead of forcing the issue, he made some very nice passes. Last but not least, we love to welcome back Carter(Kotter) as he keeps getting better and improving that lil swing hook. The lights were so bright and we played so kewl, please pass us all some shades. "Lights, Camera, and Shocker Action at it's best baybay!!!
                  Last edited by forevershockerfan; January 18, 2014, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Today's paper did make mention that the trees know how to win here and we do indeed remember that they beat us here last Season. Guess who knows a myriad more about winning at 21st and Hillside than they do?

Comment

• Still gonna be VERY upset when Odum wins 1st team PG over Van Vleet.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by jrschh View Post
                        Against the #2, #3 and #4 teams in the Valley we have a 17.6 pt average margin of victory. Nope, there's no separation for the Shockers in this league.

Mind you, I don't expect the same margin of victory when we go to there houses, but damn!
                        Our road warriors seem to make our foes home into our temporary dwelling place as if it were our home. We have been one of the best road teams in the Country for several years and I expect this trend to continue and hopefully keep improving as our Program keeps progressing forward

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                          So we are now 6-0 with wins already against the entire top half of the league standings.

My goodness.
                          Now we have redbirds on our road menu. Willie N. song depicts in unerring fashion our Shocks "on the road again, these unsatisfied angry Shocks can't wait to get on that road again."

Comment

• STATEMENT GAME! Great atmosphere, way to napalm the Trees, Shox. I AM luvin' it!
                            Last edited by I_Vector_Wu; January 18, 2014, 09:23 PM. Reason: Sp

Comment

• Marshall's half-time speech was simple - just three words:

Release the Krakken.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                Still gonna be VERY upset when Odum wins 1st team PG over Van Vleet.
                                FVV and Odum might both be on first team. Why is it that the best player on every MVC team we face looks like they couldn't crack the starting line-up at WSU? Desmar Jackson, Seth Tuttle, Zack Lofton, Jamar Gulley, Walt Lemon, Jake Odum. Sure they'd all be nice additions to WSU, but I don't start a damn one over the guys we currently have. The ONLY player that scored his average against us was Gulley…and that was in OT. This team probably has 4 of the top 7 players in the league starting right now!
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X