Apparently we just tied KU.

Longest winning streaks in MVC history
    1. 37 – Cincinnati, 1961-63
    2. 33 – Indiana State, 1978-79
    3. 22 – Bradley, 1985-86
    4. 21 – Drake, 2007-08
    5. 19 - Kansas, 1908-09

Read more here: http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/2...#storylink=cpy
    I'm for breaking Cincinnati's record by 3 games.
    In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
      Apparently we just tied KU.

Longest winning streaks in MVC history
      1. 37 – Cincinnati, 1961-63
      2. 33 – Indiana State, 1978-79
      3. 22 – Bradley, 1985-86
      4. 21 – Drake, 2007-08
      5. 19 - Kansas, 1908-09

Read more here: http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/2...#storylink=cpy
      As best as I can tell KU's all time streak was 21 straight before losing to Missouri.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
        As best as I can tell KU's all time streak was 21 straight before losing to Missouri.
        But they probably weren't in the valley when they had that one
        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• I absolutely despise when people mention "haters"... but lord have mercy.. so many people nationally are down on this team.. it has me FIRED UP.

These group of guys went to the Final Four last year, and they have started 19-0. Think those two damn things are related? Do you honestly think that is a coincidence? Get it through your skull.. this is a DARN GOOD BASKETBALL TEAM.

To those who say "haven't played anyone"...

You try and schedule from Wichita State's point of view. Try to get a home and home with Mizzou, OSU, OU, KU, K-State, Texas, (INSERT ANY BCS TEAM HERE) IT DOESN't HAPPEN. And if you honestly think that WSU, a program which has been VERY good for the last decade, should be playing 2 for 1s and going on the road for a check, then you are just an idiot. This athletic department/coaching staff puts together the best schedule possible for these young men to play. And if someone wants to ***** about it, you come down here and take over the job. Or you find the school the school Marshall wouldn't schedule, the opportunity he turned down to make the schedule tougher.

Everyone wants to be a contrarian. Idiots.

Comment

• I think any perceived lack of respect by the team is good. It allows them to keep winning and maintain a chip on their shoulder.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• I've got a couple of observations;

The people complaining that the Shox haven't played anybody are the people who refused to play the Shox. Follow that logic pattern, and the fact that no one will play you is then used as proof that your're not very good. I think Captain Obvious can see the flaw here.

An observation on MVCFans was "These announcers sound like cheerleaders for WSU". What else are the announcers going to do when they're covering a top-5 team coming off a F4 that is blowing out a 5-0 team in their conference in the battle for 1st place?

While I didn't see ny FredEx signs, Len Elmore did say "FredEx, VanVleet Delivers", so either the sign was there or he reads ShockerNet.

How cool was it of ESPN to bring Len Elmore back for this game and get him into Wichita in time to be at his brother's induction into the Shocker Hall Of Fame. Len said that was the first time he'd heard his brothers voice since Bob died.

If Marshall can get a F4, get a Top-5 ranking, have a legitimate shot at a 1 seed in the NCAA's, what can another school offer to beat that?
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                But they probably weren't in the valley when they had that one
                Yeah that was implied.

Comment

• Wiggins has a bad case of Jake Whititus.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Wiggins has a bad case of Jake Whititus.
                    him and coleby both don't seem to have a play angry bone in their body. i had really counted on those two young men to round it all out, team wise, coming into this season (quality depth purposes) .. but now i don't know. good young men they are, but i don't think that we'll never see fire in their eyes. early, cotton, van vleet and baker will have to continue to be iron men this year, i'm afraid.

Comment

• I'm still confident that Wiggins and Wessel will find their offensive stroke sometime before the year is over. They're both in a slump, but they are capable shooters who've not demonstrated that so far this year.

I think both will regain at least some of the form we saw from them last year. When that happens, the Shox will be even more dangerous. It doesn't bother me that they're struggling now. If they can get it going for the stretch run in February and March, that will work.

Comment

• We're five topics away on the ticker on SportsCenter.

Comment

• SHOCKERS STAY UNBEATEN is on the ticker - Highlights coming up on Sports Center!

Comment

• It was mostly the FVV show on the Sports Center highlights tonight including a quote from Mark Adams basically saying FVV is the best point guard in the country. CKA looked great and they showed a FVV sign at the end of the highlights.

Comment

• I get the feeling FVV is moving toward AA status as a So.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                I'm still confident that Wiggins and Wessel will find their offensive stroke sometime before the year is over. They're both in a slump, but they are capable shooters who've not demonstrated that so far this year.

I think both will regain at least some of the form we saw from them last year. When that happens, the Shox will be even more dangerous. It doesn't bother me that they're struggling now. If they can get it going for the stretch run in February and March, that will work.
                                I'm pretty much at the point that I think that if we get up by a bunch then Wessel needs to just start taking any and every open three shot he can take, I imagine that each day he doesn't have a make is going to kill his confidence more and more. Evan needs to get that first shot to drop and then we can see where he goes from there.

I do agree with you that we have a lot of time to get everyone going and I think that at least one of them will get their shot back, I'm also hoping that we can get more out of Coleby and that Green can eat up more minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X