#5 Wichita State vs. Indiana State - Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the ISU board, mooooohahahahahaaaahh! Cool story bra'

"So there is a bar down the street in Davenport, Iowa, (roughly 4-5 hours from TH, probably 7-8 hours from WSU) that I go to often. Went down there for the second half and figured it's be a very impartial crowd. Most people here don't know of ISU or WSU for that matter. By the time my wife and I got there we'd gone from down 31-22 to down 42-22. Disappointed, but not completely surprised.

Funny thing was there were two older people there in their WSU gear with probably eight friends. I didn't pay them much attention at first, was more annoyed by our play and the fact that the place wasn't busy and the new waitresses were completely ignoring us. Waited about 10 minutes to be served, but the final straw was when the lady remarked with a laugh, "And this is the second best team in the conference if that tells you anything." Fair, maybe, we got our asses beat, but between her lack of class (I was in ISU gear, not sure she bothered to notice even though I was right in her line of sight) and not being served, I was pissed and left. Didn't say anything to them because I didn't want to be that guy, but reinforced my opinion that most WSU fans are obnoxious assholes. Yes, more pissed at the bar, but seriously, win with freaking class for once."

Comment

• What a fun and relaxing game to watch. We flat out own them and I'm not concerned at all about the return game.

Len Elmore and crew were raving constantly about about Marshall, Fred, Ron, Cle, Cotton and the rest of the team in general. They repeatedly stated that there was no question that the Shocks belonged in the top 5 and were amongst the very top teams in the country.

The announcer who does the interviewing stated several times that FVV was the BEST point guard in the entire country. Len said the Shockers belonged right up there with the very top teams in the country. In general words, he indicated he does not believe in mid-major teams, but there are mid-major conferences. But that some of the leading teams in the mid-major conferences are truly outstanding.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
        From the ISU board, mooooohahahahahaaaahh! Cool story bra'

"So there is a bar down the street in Davenport, Iowa, (roughly 4-5 hours from TH, probably 7-8 hours from WSU) that I go to often. Went down there for the second half and figured it's be a very impartial crowd. Most people here don't know of ISU or WSU for that matter. By the time my wife and I got there we'd gone from down 31-22 to down 42-22. Disappointed, but not completely surprised.

Funny thing was there were two older people there in their WSU gear with probably eight friends. I didn't pay them much attention at first, was more annoyed by our play and the fact that the place wasn't busy and the new waitresses were completely ignoring us. Waited about 10 minutes to be served, but the final straw was when the lady remarked with a laugh, "And this is the second best team in the conference if that tells you anything." Fair, maybe, we got our asses beat, but between her lack of class (I was in ISU gear, not sure she bothered to notice even though I was right in her line of sight) and not being served, I was pissed and left. Didn't say anything to them because I didn't want to be that guy, but reinforced my opinion that most WSU fans are obnoxious assholes. Yes, more pissed at the bar, but seriously, win with freaking class for once."
        Good for that guy! I would've done the same thing!
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
          From the ISU board, mooooohahahahahaaaahh! Cool story bra'

My new most favorite bar!
          For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
          - said no one ever...

Comment

• Dayum!!! Just wanted to pop over and apologize for the Honey Creek Middle School b-team that impersonated ISU today. I don't know how they got on the plane...:culpability:

You all know who much I love your team, but honestly, I enjoy it a lot more when you're doing it to someone else!!!

Hopefully, we'll get a few things corrected and pay y'all back in Terre Haute. We're better than what we showed tonight. But your team is something! I love watching them play! Screw what the other fans in this conference say - you have every reason to have an attitude. Lord knows I would if my team played like yours!!!

See you in the Haute in February!

Comment

• Wichita State should probably be getting more attention than it has through this point in the season. If the total beatdown that the Shockers laid on Indiana State doesn't help that, then people aren't paying attention. Start watching.

Wichita State vs. Indiana State Game Recap: Start Watching the Shockers After this Domination

"Welcome to the Roundhouse, aka the Charles Koch Arena. Get ready to be surrounded by black, yellow, black, yellow, black, yellow. It is as if you are allergic to bee stings and a swarm of bees are closing in around you. There is no escape; no water, no blanket to hide under. This is nothing that can save you from this full sensory assault on the court and in the stands."
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IndyTreeFan View Post
                Dayum!!! Just wanted to pop over and apologize for the Honey Creek Middle School b-team that impersonated ISU today. I don't know how they got on the plane...:culpability:

You all know who much I love your team, but honestly, I enjoy it a lot more when you're doing it to someone else!!!

Hopefully, we'll get a few things corrected and pay y'all back in Terre Haute. We're better than what we showed tonight. But your team is something! I love watching them play! Screw what the other fans in this conference say - you have every reason to have an attitude. Lord knows I would if my team played like yours!!!

Good luck the rest of the way! Doing what we did today to ISU is special because the Sycamores are a talented squad.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Speaking of college game day - I'm glad they got the Indiana vs. northwestern highlights in. Would have hated to miss those highlights. Now, the #5 team in the country, don't know if they're going to show highlights.

Comment

• The black/gold alternating sections looked AMAZING on television. Very well done.

Not sure if it's possible, but I'd like that to be a permanent feature of the Koch atmosphere from now on. No reason for that to be a one-off ... it's an incredible look on television.

BeTbxViCMAE-TBq.jpg
                    Last edited by Rlh04d; January 18, 2014, 08:00 PM.
                    Originally posted by BleacherReport
                    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by IndyTreeFan View Post
                      Dayum!!! Just wanted to pop over and apologize for the Honey Creek Middle School b-team that impersonated ISU today. I don't know how they got on the plane...:culpability:

Good luck. Hope you guys can get an at-large spot. I obviously can't root for you over us, of course, but do whatever it takes to get two MVC teams in the dance.
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
                        Speaking of college game day - I'm glad they got the Indiana vs. northwestern highlights in. Would have hated to miss those highlights. Now, the #5 team in the country, don't know if they're going to show highlights.
                        I'm glad I just waited 30 minutes for them to barely talk about us.. Haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
                          Speaking of college game day - I'm glad they got the Indiana vs. northwestern highlights in. Would have hated to miss those highlights. Now, the #5 team in the country, don't know if they're going to show highlights.
                          I didn't think they were going to show it but they just wanted us to wait 30 minutes after they teased it I guess.

Comment

• Just tucking in on the couch to watch the replay. The Roundhouse looks awesome! Proud to be a Shocker.

Go Shocks!
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Okay, today this was mentioned:

Only four teams in the MVC’s 106-year history have started a season with 18-straight wins
                              So .. can someone who knows MVC history better then I tell everyone who we are chasing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ixiah View Post
                                Okay, today this was mentioned:

So .. can someone who knows MVC history better then I tell everyone who we are chasing?
                                Apparently we just tied KU.

Longest winning streaks in MVC history
                                1. 37 – Cincinnati, 1961-63
                                2. 33 – Indiana State, 1978-79
                                3. 22 – Bradley, 1985-86
                                4. 21 – Drake, 2007-08
                                5. 19 - Kansas, 1908-09

Read more here: http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/2...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Working...
                                X