• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    I'm not dead yet! I'm getting better!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jturner38 View Post
      The only reason the Bradley game was even close is bc the Sycamores had a bad shooting night. Yet they found a way to win with defense. Just like how the shockers came back and beat the bears. Different games on the way they were won for both squads. It will be interesting to see the matchups. I'm not sure if Lansing will start Big or Small. Most likely Likely lineup will be Odum, Brown (or Cummings), Arop, Moore (or Kitchell), Gant. Lansing will start brown bc he is our best on ball defender and will probably guard VanFleet (Brown wins but if Cummings is guarding VanFleet wins). That leaves Odum vs Baker (odum wins). Tekele vs Arop (Arop wins but barely), Gant vs Early (Early wins), Moore (or kitchell) vs Lufile (Not sure but prolly Lufile wins). But if Cummings start I think Odum stays with VanFleet. Just a guess. Hoping for a good game but sycamores come out on top with a few clutch shots to win it by free throws (what they have done in almost every game basically) My ONLY concern is when Odum goes out. That's where the shockers can have the advantage, we will see if they capitalize on that or not, although we are alot better with Odum off the court compared to last season.

Shockers - 74
      Sycamores - 78
      Man, sounds as if Indiana State is the Top 5 team at home. It's amazing that Indiana State has the advantage in personnel with this one. WSU must just be winning with dumb luck.

Glad to know the outcome is only dependent on how well Odum plays. That's it.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Think Marshall will use last year's home embarrassment as some motivation?

I would hope so. We owe major payback to the Indiana schools in that department.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
          I'm not dead yet! I'm getting better!!!
          No you're not. You'll be stone dead in a moment.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
            No you're not. You'll be stone dead in a moment.
            If there is one thing SN is good at, it's beating it.

A dead horse, that is

Comment

To be clear here, we are talking about a team with 2 top 100 wins, only 5 top 200 wins and losses to common opponents SLU and Tulsa.

Rpi of about 60-70. Six of their wins are to worse than 200 rpi teams. No top 50 wins.

...on the road at the #5 team in the country

While I respect the Trees, I am not ready to buy stock in them at our house just yet :)

EDIT: oh and their 4-0 start in the mvc is Evansville, Loyola, Drake and a squeaker at home with Bradley.

Ours is MoSt, UNI, SIU and ILST.
              Last edited by Dave Stalwart; January 15, 2014, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                If there is one thing SN is good at, it's beating it.

A dead horse, that is
                Its sad that my only real contribution to SN is knowing the next line from the life of Brian.

Comment

After reading Jturners analysis I just hope we can keep it within 10 of the mighty Sycamores. I guess the score is all dependent upon the mood that Mr. Odum is in. Perhaps we should discourage our students from provoking Mr. Odum in any way shape or form.

Comment

Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
                    The Trees fall and nobody hears it

Shox 78
                    ISUb 71
                    Correction, the entire country hears them fall on ESPN2, solidifying this team for any doubters.
                    "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                    Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Man, this will be a 20 point margin of victory for us. ISU Blue's SOS is 203, their best win is against a 6 loss Notre Dame team. They played and lost at Saint Louis by 17. They lost to Tulsa, another common opponent and barely beat Bradley at their place. Add the revenge factor, this will be an obliteration.

Comment

Originally posted by jturner38 View Post
                        The only reason the Bradley game was even close is bc the Sycamores had a bad shooting night. Yet they found a way to win with defense. Just like how the shockers came back and beat the bears. Different games on the way they were won for both squads. It will be interesting to see the matchups. I'm not sure if Lansing will start Big or Small. Most likely Likely lineup will be Odum, Brown (or Cummings), Arop, Moore (or Kitchell), Gant. Lansing will start brown bc he is our best on ball defender and will probably guard VanFleet (Brown wins but if Cummings is guarding VanFleet wins). That leaves Odum vs Baker (odum wins). Tekele vs Arop (Arop wins but barely), Gant vs Early (Early wins), Moore (or kitchell) vs Lufile (Not sure but prolly Lufile wins). But if Cummings start I think Odum stays with VanFleet. Just a guess. Hoping for a good game but sycamores come out on top with a few clutch shots to win it by free throws (what they have done in almost every game basically) My ONLY concern is when Odum goes out. That's where the shockers can have the advantage, we will see if they capitalize on that or not, although we are alot better with Odum off the court compared to last season.

Shockers - 74
                        Sycamores - 78
                        While I appreciate your enthusiasm, it seems to have blinded your judgement. No way any player on ISU "wins" against VanVleet, Baker, Cotton or Early. What is interesting is our 2 least offensive threats--when comparing the other 3--you rule as a win for us--Cotton and Lufile. But both are capable of putting up a lot of points and can take over a game like the other 3 can.

Plus the fact you can't even spell VanVleet's name correctly makes me wonder how much you actually know about him or our team for that matter. While I think it will be a good and competitive game the guys will be focused and will get the W--the winning streak will tie Marshall's longest as a head coach at 19 with a victory on Saturday.

Black and Gold 72
                        Black and Blue 63

Comment

Here's the deal. This time the Sycamores come knocking, the Shocks will chop wood to the point that when the game is over, the Chuck will be like a Toothpick Factory. Odum is solid but Baker will be hitting on all cylinders for 22 points and Wiggins will come off the bench with 11 points. Early is due another 22 points and 11 rebounds. The Shocks remember the game here last Season and will show the trees who is boss.

Chadrack----70----19-0 Overall--6-0--Valley Of Shock

Zacchaeus--61
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                            Man, this will be a 20 point margin of victory for us. ISU Blue's SOS is 203, their best win is against a 6 loss Notre Dame team. They played and lost at Saint Louis by 17. They lost to Tulsa, another common opponent and barely beat Bradley at their place. Add the revenge factor, this will be an obliteration.
                            Who are you and what have you done with KC Shox??
                            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                              Who are you and what have you done with KC Shox??
                              LOL.
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

i'll take the shockers at home in what should be an interesting matchup.

Comment

Working...
                                X