• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bradley lost to Indiana State by 3. We beat Bradley by 20+

Undefeated - 79
    Suck a mores - 62

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
      Illinois State and Indiana State are both ISU, so we use ISUr for Illinois State (since they wear red) and ISUb for Indiana State (since they wear blue).
      Illinois State is actually ILS and Indiana State is ISU. That's the way it is on the Missouri Valley conference web page. I never understood why people did it the other way. I guess people like to type more.

Comment

Don't know if it will play out, but there MIGHT be something in ISUb favor of having the first of the two games away from home...nothing much to lose.

That said....

WSU 74
        ISUb 69

Comment

Shocks win by 10 but it is actually a five point win when you remove Fred & Ron hitting those pesky last minute foul shots in the waning seconds.

Go Shocks!
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I think a statement is made Saturday. Whether its that WSU is in fact that dominant, or the MVC is that poor, that is the question.

WSU- 78
            ISU- 61
            -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
              Illinois State is actually ILS and Indiana State is ISU. That's the way it is on the Missouri Valley conference web page. I never understood why people did it the other way. I guess people like to type more.
              The wiki page for both schools says they're both officially ISU. I guess the MVC page must use ILS/ISU to avoid confusion.

Comment

looking forward to the game Saturday, we have to win first tonight though, and that's not a given. I think we will though as MSU has some injury issues.

In our game vs. Bradley they threw a lot of different defenses at us and it really messed us up at times. I noticed WSU threw a full court press at Bradley quite a bit that first half last night. If you guys do that to us and we haven't prepared for it, then we may be in for a long night.

Like someone said, we've played well at WSU recently, I think we won last time there. We're 2-8 in our last 10 visits to Koch arena. Hard telling if this will be close or if it'll be a blowout, we'll wait and see. We've been shooting well, so they'll need to continue that trend.

We have 5 players averaging 10 points or more a game, so when one player is not shooting well, another usually picks up the slack.

Comment

Originally posted by isu87 View Post
                  looking forward to the game Saturday, we have to win first tonight though, and that's not a given. I think we will though as MSU has some injury issues.

In our game vs. Bradley they threw a lot of different defenses at us and it really messed us up at times. I noticed WSU threw a full court press at Bradley quite a bit that first half last night. If you guys do that to us and we haven't prepared for it, then we may be in for a long night.

Like someone said, we've played well at WSU recently, I think we won last time there. We're 2-8 in our last 10 visits to Koch arena. Hard telling if this will be close or if it'll be a blowout, we'll wait and see. We've been shooting well, so they'll need to continue that trend.

We have 5 players averaging 10 points or more a game, so when one player is not shooting well, another usually picks up the slack.
                  Good luck tonight and the rest of the season (except against WSU, of course). We are all pulling for the Sycamores to separate themselves from the pack.

Comment

The only reason the Bradley game was even close is bc the Sycamores had a bad shooting night. Yet they found a way to win with defense. Just like how the shockers came back and beat the bears. Different games on the way they were won for both squads. It will be interesting to see the matchups. I'm not sure if Lansing will start Big or Small. Most likely Likely lineup will be Odum, Brown (or Cummings), Arop, Moore (or Kitchell), Gant. Lansing will start brown bc he is our best on ball defender and will probably guard VanFleet (Brown wins but if Cummings is guarding VanFleet wins). That leaves Odum vs Baker (odum wins). Tekele vs Arop (Arop wins but barely), Gant vs Early (Early wins), Moore (or kitchell) vs Lufile (Not sure but prolly Lufile wins). But if Cummings start I think Odum stays with VanFleet. Just a guess. Hoping for a good game but sycamores come out on top with a few clutch shots to win it by free throws (what they have done in almost every game basically) My ONLY concern is when Odum goes out. That's where the shockers can have the advantage, we will see if they capitalize on that or not, although we are alot better with Odum off the court compared to last season.

Shockers - 74
                    Sycamores - 78

Comment

Lol at jturner38's post. My ONLY concern while playing the Shockers is when Odum is out.

Shockers 77
                      Trees 63

Comment

That was funny

Comment

When we bring our intensity from the start we wear teams down. ESPN game for first
                          place so I see intensity from the start. Expect them to stay close for thirty minutes and
                          then we wear them down. Shockers 75-63.

Comment

Baker vs Odum. Odum wins. Haha

Comment

Don't forget the "Stripe the Chuck" promotion. It's probably a dead horse to remind all of that, but if we pull it off it could be really cool for an ESPN game.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                                Don't forget the "Stripe the Chuck" promotion. It's probably a dead horse to remind all of that, but if we pull it off it could be really cool for an ESPN game.
                                No, the "horse" isn't dead yet!

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X