Vote for Gregg Marshall - Infiinty Challenge on ESPN.COM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
    I don't know if it's working (voting more than once a day) or not but during the time I have been doing this Gregg jumped from 23% to 24%. Then I noticed it said 24% and 3rd place. It just changed to 24% and 2nd place. Strange.
    Not really sure if it is working or not, I voted for 20 minutes straight (yes, I know I have no life, I was intrigued to see if it would move a %), but it didn't jump while I was voting (about 250 times, so perhaps there are already more than 25,000 votes). Gregg now has 25% of the vote though. With some research, I think I could set up my computer to where it could automatically do what I just did all night while I sleep, and we could see? What exactly are the rules on this thing? What would be considered cheating?

Comment

• They must have fixed the problem because it only let me vote once this morning.

Comment

• Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• It's doing it again. I just voted numerous times.

Comment

• Unless other people are voting right now, it must be counting all my votes because Gregg just jumped to 26%.

Comment

• I voted, then tried It again. It said I've already voted today. Marshall Is at 27%.

Comment

• It must be during certain hours because for two nights I have been able to do this. Last night I started at 11:33 and stopped at 12:30 (I know, get a life) but I wanted to see what it would do. Actually, I didn't think it would happen again. When I started Gregg was at 25%, Painter at 24% and Matta at 43%. When it allowed me to continue voting, I did so. Not many votes later Gregg went to 26% (but since he had been at 25% all day, I just thought it was ready to flip) but then I noticed that Painter moved to 25% (thought maybe he had people voting at that time or that they too had discovered this quirk). At that point I didn't notice anything about Matta. So, I kept voting and soon noticed that Painter had dropped to 24% but, of course, no change to Gregg at 26% because it hadn't been that long since it had moved up. Kept voting and lo and behold, Gregg flipped to 27%, Painter stayed at 24% but Matta had dropped to 42%. Then my internet died. Checked the TV, phone, both off. My clicking hand was tired, it was 12:30 so I quit. This morning, just a few minutes ago, I voted once but when I tried again it told me I had already voted. Maybe this only happens late at night because both nights it has allowed me to vote numerous times, it has been just after 11:30. Don't know what to make of it, but I may try it again tonight to see what's what.

Comment

• Matta's crew hard at work

Matta 45%
                  Marshall 27%
                  Painter 22%
                  Hoiberg 6%

Wonder if Matta's lead has anything to do with his charity -- Ronald McDonald House? That's a pretty big organization and even if it only benefited the houses Matta designated, there is nothing to prevent all the other Ronald McDonald Houses from organizing and voting. Just a thought.

Comment

• Does anyone know if Wichita Childrens Home is promoting?

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                      Does anyone know if Wichita Childrens Home is promoting?
                      I doubt their budget allows for much of that. But Spangles has been promoting it pretty hard and I think with some positive benefit both in terms of the vote and for their own business. Very nice effort by Spangles. Just doesn't appear we have enough horsepower to overtake the OSU machine.

Too bad they don't spread the dollars around a little more broadly.

Comment

• Behind 42% to 28%.

Comment

• Decided I wasn't going to do what it had allowed me to do for two nights (vote numerous times even though it's their fault because it's their program that is allowing me in). I actually spent some time and read the rules, part of which says:

"There is a limit of one (1) vote per person, per e-mail address, per ESPN registrant, per day for the duration of the Infiniti Coaches’ Charity Challenge Finalist Voting Period. Additional votes received beyond the specified limit or votes generated by script, macro or other automated means or with the intent to affect the integrity of the voting process will be void."

It goes on the say some other stuff which could result in someone being eliminated from the challenge. Even though my votes were not generated by "script, macro or other automated means," I would want to be responsible for getting Coach Marshall excluded from this challenge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                            Decided I wasn't going to do what it had allowed me to do for two nights (vote numerous times even though it's their fault because it's their program that is allowing me in). I actually spent some time and read the rules, part of which says:

"There is a limit of one (1) vote per person, per e-mail address, per ESPN registrant, per day for the duration of the Infiniti Coaches’ Charity Challenge Finalist Voting Period. Additional votes received beyond the specified limit or votes generated by script, macro or other automated means or with the intent to affect the integrity of the voting process will be void."

It goes on the say some other stuff which could result in someone being eliminated from the challenge. Even though my votes were not generated by "script, macro or other automated means," I would want to be responsible for getting Coach Marshall excluded from this challenge.
                            Or even wouldn't want to.

Comment

• It's late. You are right. I would NOT want to be responsible for getting Coach excluded.

Comment

• Well -- Gregg is now in third place behind Painter.

Comment

Working...
                                X