No announcement yet.

Vote for Gregg Marshall - Infiinty Challenge on ESPN.COM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voted. My favorite charity name in the contest? Tatums Bags of Fun. I have no idea what the charity benefits and I'm probably going to hell for laughing at it.

Comment

• Would it really be that hard to show the raw vote counts?

I hope Marshall doesn't lose out on advancing a round based on alphabetical order seeding.

Comment

• "I am sick and ****ing tired of losing to Purde!"
        “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
        -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post
          "I am sick and ****ing tired of losing to Purde!"
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Christ almighty people.

Let's say you have a cause you care about. Let's say no local charity has that focus. Now let's say you have a minor celebrity status -- like you coach for a school that is mostly known for your sport.

So you decide to be proactive and start a non prof and to give it instant credibility, instant name recognition and give it an easy head start you name it after yourself. Every advisor ever would tell you to do this. It is the smart thing to do. Also after you finally kick the bucket the foundation will carry on In Your Name and continue to benefit from that status.

As for how much a 501c3 exec makes in a year, you can look that up but don't be quick to judge. If the director was able to bring donations up from $1million a year to $10million then that non prof wants to keep that talent. If the exec was able to bring the % spent on the cause up considerably you keep that talent.

So stop being Internet retards or else you will force me to start a non profit called the "Shockernet Morons foundation: Raising money to euthanize idiots on the internet. " I'm willing to be millions could be raised for that cause.

Comment

• Rosewood, you are beginning to grow on me. I'm really starting to like you
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Just voted. Says Gregg is in SECOND place, but it still shows Painter and Marshall with 16%.

Comment

• 7 votes at 9:00 am.

Gregg is now listed in 2nd, 16% to Painter's 16%.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Anyone have any ideas on how to close the Grand Canyon sized gap in the later rounds with Matta? The gap has been instant in day 1 of each round and the numbers hardly change. From both a state and alumni population perspective I'm having a difficult time seeing the numbers work in our favor to win the grand prize for the WCH.

Comment

• The only way I see it happening is getting all the WSU students to buy into voting each and every day. That's a lot to ask, even if it only takes a few seconds to do (maybe a little longer the first time if they have to sign up first). I really don't see getting any of the Valley schools to help with this as I don't think Marshall is very popular with them. If it could be approached as a BCS vs Non-BCS vote, maybe they would be more willing to vote for him (but I doubt it ). I wonder if the Alumni Association is behind this and would send out an e-mail to get the Alumni members more involved. Every time one of our guys is interviewed and every time Marshall is interviewed they mention the voting. Also I don't think there is an age limit on who can vote, so get the high schools and middle schools involved. Those kids surely have e-mail addresses. If every high school or middle school kid (Maggie and Kellen this is for you) were to vote every day, that would be a big improvement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                        Christ almighty people.

Let's say you have a cause you care about. Let's say no local charity has that focus. Now let's say you have a minor celebrity status -- like you coach for a school that is mostly known for your sport.

So you decide to be proactive and start a non prof and to give it instant credibility, instant name recognition and give it an easy head start you name it after yourself. Every advisor ever would tell you to do this. It is the smart thing to do. Also after you finally kick the bucket the foundation will carry on In Your Name and continue to benefit from that status.

As for how much a 501c3 exec makes in a year, you can look that up but don't be quick to judge. If the director was able to bring donations up from $1million a year to $10million then that non prof wants to keep that talent. If the exec was able to bring the % spent on the cause up considerably you keep that talent.

So stop being Internet retards or else you will force me to start a non profit called the "Shockernet Morons foundation: Raising money to euthanize idiots on the internet. " I'm willing to be millions could be raised for that cause.
                        I wasn't talking about starting a foundation in your own name, I just think it is odd to pick it for something like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                          The only way I see it happening is getting all the WSU students to buy into voting each and every day. That's a lot to ask, even if it only takes a few seconds to do (maybe a little longer the first time if they have to sign up first). I really don't see getting any of the Valley schools to help with this as I don't think Marshall is very popular with them. If it could be approached as a BCS vs Non-BCS vote, maybe they would be more willing to vote for him (but I doubt it ). I wonder if the Alumni Association is behind this and would send out an e-mail to get the Alumni members more involved. Every time one of our guys is interviewed and every time Marshall is interviewed they mention the voting. Also I don't think there is an age limit on who can vote, so get the high schools and middle schools involved. Those kids surely have e-mail addresses. If every high school or middle school kid (Maggie and Kellen this is for you) were to vote every day, that would be a big improvement.
                          I have four e-mail addresses and my wife three. I just told her that I was going to register hers at ESPN and now I vote 7 times daily.

If everybody asked their spouse, child(ren) friend if you could register their addresses, just one-for-one would move us from 16% to 27% and we'd be closer. two-for-one and catch them with 35%.

Also, it is possible to register additional addresses with your ISP, but that is a bunch more trouble. Also, don't forget the email addresses you may not even use. I have one with yahoo, for example.

This is DOABLE. I plan to ask my two boys and my ex-wife. Hopefully that will get me to 10 or perhaps 13 addresses.
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                            I wasn't talking about starting a foundation in your own name, I just think it is odd to pick it for something like this.
                            I dont see whats odd about that. If ESPN came to you asking to raise money for a charity, and you have your own charity, why would you use any other charity?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                              I'm assuming you start a foundation for things you care about. This when given the chance to raise money for a non prof you raise it for something you care about. Also having a non prof with your name makes it easy to turn down donations to other groups. Otherwise the Phone rings non stop.

Comment

• Tom Crean's charity sounds sketchy, I don't want to look it up because I'm sure it is a honorable charity, but the name cracks me up!

Comment

Working...
                                X