No one goes undefeated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
    Hah...two conference titles. We will win this conference for as long as we're stuck here.
    Good heavens -- I certainly hope so. Certainly as long as Marshall's here, and I expect that to be a while.

Comment

• Well so far....

"Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

• Makes sense, the year we start out with the greatest record in history, two other team do as well.

First time since 1975-1976 season; three teams start over 20-0.
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
          Makes sense, the year we start out with the greatest record in history, two other team do as well.

First time since 1975-1976 season; three teams start over 20-0.
          Patience grasshopper!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
            Patience grasshopper!!!
            I'm not worried.

I think it actually helps all three teams in a way. No one wants to be the first to lose.
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
              I'm not worried.

I think it actually helps all three teams in a way. No one wants to be the first to lose.
              Also, no one team is getting ALL the attention. It's a little easier to dismiss the pressure and focus.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• The Undefeated's

Week 14

2014 - 2 (Wichita State, Syracuse)
                2013 - 0
                2012 - 1 (Murray State)
                2011 - 1 (Ohio State)
                2010 - 0
                2009 - 0
                2008 - 1 (Memphis)
                2007 - 0
                2006 - 0
                2005 - 1 (Illinois)
                2004 - 2 (Saint Joseph, Stanford)
                2003 - 0

Week 14 Avg. = 0.66
                Week 13 Avg. = 0.92
                Week 12 Avg. = 1.08
                Week 11 Avg. = 2.08
                Week 10 Avg. = 3.42
                Week 09 Avg. = 4.33
                Week 08 Avg. = 6.42

Comment

• FYI, Syracuse's 21-0 start is their BEST start in program history.

Let me repeat, mighty Syracuse has never been 21-0 before last night, ever.

WSU is 23-0. Special times doesn't even begin to describe what we're going through.

Thank you to everyone involved with WSU Athletics. #WatchUsWin #MyStateofShock

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    FYI, Syracuse's 21-0 start is their BEST start in program history.

WSU is 23-0. Special times doesn't even begin to describe what we're going through.

+1 - unbelievable run since the NCAA tournament started. Blows my mind when I stop to think about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      FYI, Syracuse's 21-0 start is their BEST start in program history.

Don't call teams mighty. They tend to not like it. And then go on losing streaks. At least, this is what I have observed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        Don't call teams mighty. They tend to not like it. And then go on losing streaks. At least, this is what I have observed.
                        Gregg Marshall is also a prophet :)

Comment

• After this week, the probability for going undefeated in conference is 68%. Probability for tying undefeated through the conference tourney and into the NCAAs is 34% according to KenPom. https://twitter.com/rushthecourt/sta...28549669056512

Comment

• ESPN - Road to Unbeaten - (02-08-14).jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]1250[/ATTACH]
                              This season is probably more special than we've given it credit for. Getting a F4 and following it with 25 consecutive wins the next year has NEVER been done before.

Murray State got quite a bit of run a couple years ago when they opened up 23-0. That proved to be a smoke-and-mirrors winning streak. I've been waiting to get past 23-0 before I got too excited. It's been shown that 23-0 doesn't guarantee a really special team. Turns out that getting past 23-0 required going 2-0 on the tough road trip.

Murray State wasn't coming off a F4. Coming off a F4 and going 22-0 or better has NEVER been done before. NEVER includes the great UCLA teams from the '60's.

I'm not certain that stat is right. It's getting put out there, so regardless if it's right or not, that's what current fans are being told. I think America's basketball fans are starting to think they need to take the Shox seriously.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                This season is probably more special than we've given it credit for. Getting a F4 and following it with 25 consecutive wins the next year has NEVER been done before.

Murray State got quite a bit of run a couple years ago when they opened up 23-0. That proved to be a smoke-and-mirrors winning streak. I've been waiting to get past 23-0 before I got too excited. It's been shown that 23-0 doesn't guarantee a really special team. Turns out that getting past 23-0 required going 2-0 on the tough road trip.

Murray State wasn't coming off a F4. Coming off a F4 and going 22-0 or better has NEVER been done before. NEVER includes the great UCLA teams from the '60's.

I'm not certain that stat is right. It's getting put out there, so regardless if it's right or not, that's what current fans are being told. I think America's basketball fans are starting to think they need to take the Shox seriously.
                                Not sure what the timeline on that stat is, but it can't include those UCLA teams, since they had an 88 game winning streak. Previously, San Francisco had a 60 game streak.
                                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                                X