No one goes undefeated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Another little fun fact: we have 10 regular season games left to top last years record of 30 wins. Who could have predicted we would ever have back to back 30 win seasons?
    You make a great point; IMO we have an excellent chance for back to back 30 win seasons; what is the likelihood of three 30 win seasons in a row?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
      You make a great point; IMO we have an excellent chance for back to back 30 win seasons; what is the likelihood of three 30 win seasons in a row?
      How healthy will Van Vleet, Baker, Cotton and Carter be next year?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Next year could be bumpy with so many new faces, however, FVV and Baker's senior year could be very special.

Comment

Next year could be bumpy with so many new faces, however, FVV and Baker's senior year could be very special.
          Next year bumpy? Lol
          Two experienced guards, Cotton's senior year -- I'm sold

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
            Next year bumpy? Lol
            Two experienced guards, Cotton's senior year -- I'm sold
            Rocky compared to this year maybe but we should still be good.

Comment

Next year could be bumpy with so many new faces, however, FVV and Baker's senior year could be very special.
              The only loss that will be real problematic for us will be replacing Cle's offense and perhaps his rebounding. His defense is mostly so-so. If we can sign Willie Atwood that might go a long way in solving this issue.

I think we should be able to replace Chadrack, Nick and Kadeem without too much problem, although I am hoping Nick will still have a break-out finish to his final year.

You could argue that this is less of hit than we have taken in the past 2 years.

Comment

• Darius won't be a 3 ball force but I think that next year he will maybe average 12-14 points. I also think that Ron, Fred, and TC will be more consistent from 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  Darius won't be a 3 ball force but I think that next year he will maybe average 12-14 points. I also think that Ron, Fred, and TC will be more consistent from 3.
                  And hopefully Derail will grow enough with his defense and rebounding that he will be able to show what he can do from the perimeter.

Comment

• Also its not like RH SM aren't getting a whole lot of valuable experience in practice. Remember the practices that are harder than games. How would you like working against the #1 squads day in and day out? That being said we will need a couple of the new guys to step up earlier than later.

Comment

• Bumpy is relative. We can still compete for the MVC title, but it will be difficult to replace Cle, as someone said. We have some serious talent coming in at the 3 and 4 spots, but it may take some time to get those guys acclimated.

Comment

• I don't see it. Cotton, FVV, Carter, Baker along with RS fresh Shaq and Ri'an (both of which I think could have contributed this year). That's a pretty solid foundation. I haven't seen them play so I won't count on anything at this point but it appears we have some guys who can contribute right away. I see more depth on next years team. But who knows at this point?

Comment

• Now a 40 percent probability of the Shockers going undefeated in the regular season.

In the fast lane

Comment

Marshall thought last year was supposed to be the bumpy one.

I agree with him -- with 3 1/2 starters back (Carter being the half) and a new center by committee, next year looks okay to me. The keys will be (a) health, as has been noted, (b) whether the combination of improvement by the returners and contributions by the new guys trying to fill in for Early can offset his absence, and (c) the defense, which should be plenty tough again. If I weren't so eager to see how this year turns out, I'd already be starting to get excited for 2014-15.

Comment

• I'm thinking next year after our new guys slowly get acclimated and start having break out games, a handful of them will be ready come MVC play. Two conference titles in a row are foreseeable.

I can't wait to see how Shaq and Rian turn out. Redshirting those two will pay dividends down the road. Shaq will for sure be getting plenty of minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                                I'm thinking next year after our new guys slowly get acclimated and start having break out games, a handful of them will be ready come MVC play. Two conference titles in a row are foreseeable.

I can't wait to see how Shaq and Rian turn out. Redshirting those two will pay dividends down the road. Shaq will for sure be getting plenty of minutes.
                                Hah...two conference titles. We will win this conference for as long as we're stuck here.

Comment

Working...
                                X