No one goes undefeated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Not sure what the timeline on that stat is, but it can't include those UCLA teams, since they had an 88 game winning streak. Previously, San Francisco had a 60 game streak.
    I've heard it phrased in another place as being the first time it's happened since the 3-point era began.
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• UCLA only did it once, in the 1972-73 season. They were undefeated NCAA champions in 1971-72 and followed that up the next season with a zero losses and a NCAA championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
        UCLA only did it once, in the 1972-73 season. They were undefeated NCAA champions in 1971-72 and followed that up the next season with a zero losses and a NCAA championship.
        Actually, they have done it three times and one time started 21-0.

67-68 NCAA Champions, 68-69 started 25-0
        68-69 Champions, 69-70 started 21-0 (won their last 15 games to start the 88 game winning streak)
        70-71 Champions, 71-72 Started 30-0
        71-72 Champions, 73-73 30-0
        72-73 won the first 13 games to end the 88 game winning streak
        Last edited by jdmee; February 10, 2014, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• The Undefeated's

Week 15

2014 - 2 (Wichita State, Syracuse)
          2013 - 0
          2012 - 0
          2011 - 0
          2010 - 0
          2009 - 0
          2008 - 1 (Memphis)
          2007 - 0
          2006 - 0
          2005 - 1 (Illinois)
          2004 - 2 (Saint Joseph, Stanford)
          2003 - 0

Week 15 Avg. = 0.50
          Week 14 Avg. = 0.66
          Week 13 Avg. = 0.92
          Week 12 Avg. = 1.08
          Week 11 Avg. = 2.08
          Week 10 Avg. = 3.42
          Week 09 Avg. = 4.33
          Week 08 Avg. = 6.42

Comment

• Marshall goes on a win streak to break the 88 game record, wooden award renamed the wooden Marshall award
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
              Not sure what the timeline on that stat is, but it can't include those UCLA teams, since they had an 88 game winning streak. Previously, San Francisco had a 60 game streak.
              Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
              I've heard it phrased in another place as being the first time it's happened since the 3-point era began.
              I've heard this different ways. The one that makes sense to me is that this is the first time TWO teams, in the previous F4, both got to 22-0 the following year. I think the mix up is that many are taking this to mean that both WSU and SU are setting a record separately in the same year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                I've heard this different ways. The one that makes sense to me is that this is the first time TWO teams, in the previous F4, both got to 22-0 the following year. I think the mix up is that many are taking this to mean that both WSU and SU are setting a record separately in the same year.
                It is the first time two teams have done it in the same year. The most recent team to accomplish the feat was UNLV in 1991, which went undefeated after a championship until losing a title rematch against Duke. So it is still quite noteworthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                  Actually, they have done it three times and one time started 21-0.

67-68 NCAA Champions, 68-69 started 25-0
                  68-69 Champions, 69-70 started 21-0 (won their last 15 games to start the 88 game winning streak)
                  70-71 Champions, 71-72 Started 30-0
                  71-72 Champions, 73-73 30-0
                  72-73 won the first 13 games to end the 88 game winning streak
                  You are correct. What an amazing run. They lost five games in the seven seasons from 1966 to 1973.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    The fact that two previous F4 teams are currently undefeated should reassure people that last year's F4 field was an accurate representation of who should have been there. So often you hear the pundits talk about non-BCS schools making deep runs in the tourney because they got hot at the right time. It sure does seem like we've been hot for a while.
                    "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

• Originally posted by jpshocker View Post
                      So often you hear the pundits talk about non-BCS schools making deep runs in the tourney because they got hot at the right time. It sure does seem like we've been hot for a while.
                      With 25 wins in each of the last five seasons, I'd say we do NOT fit the definition of a "flash-in-the-pan." At the end of the year, I'll have to figure up how many teams meet that criteria. It's certainly not as many as one would think.
                      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                        With 25 wins in each of the last five seasons, I'd say we do NOT fit the definition of a "flash-in-the-pan." At the end of the year, I'll have to figure up how many teams meet that criteria. It's certainly not as many as one would think.
                        Team is like its coach; an overnight sensation 29 years in the making... lol...
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

But remember, 25 wins don't mean anything because "we don't play anybody"
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• WSU only made the F4 because they got hot at just the right time, had a pushover bracket for getting to the F4, and all their opponents had off shooting nights. The results this year prove that anyone can go undefeated if they schedule just right. The W over #13 St. Louis in their house doesn't count because SLU isn't in a BCS conference.

I just proof read my post. I think I may have a future as a sports journalist!
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              WSU only made the F4 because they got hot at just the right time, had a pushover bracket for getting to the F4, and all their opponents had off shooting nights. The results this year prove that anyone can go undefeated if they schedule just right. The W over #13 St. Louis in their house doesn't count because SLU isn't in a BCS conference.

I just proof read my post. I think I may have a future as a sports journalist!
                              Or a professional poster on the KU message board. I think they pay about the same. To be employed as the latter, you need to learn to embrace the notion that losing to all the teams that would be considered "marquee wins" only further reinforces how good you are because you played them.

Comment

Teams since 2009-10 with 25 wins each season (includes number of wins currently this season)

Duke - 19 wins
                                Gonzaga - 21 wins
                                Kansas - 18 wins
                                Ohio State - 19 wins
                                Saint Mary's - 18 wins
                                Syracuse - 23 wins
                                UNLV - 16 wins
                                VCU - 19 wins
                                Wichita State - 25 wins
                                ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                                www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Working...
                                X