Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were all (at least a lot of us) are thinking this...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This. That is impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
      Not me, Reaper. Too many things that can go wrong in any given game, and some dangerous games on the schedule even in the Valley (not to mention WSU's annoying habit of finding a way to lose a seemingly non-dangerous game -- SIU, anyone? -- or so each year). Plus, the right people have to avoid sickness and injury at the right times. So going unbeaten is among the furthest things from my mind. I'll be happy if WSU is still unbeaten after its upcoming SEC encounters, and I don't expect an 18-0 Valley record, either.
      Totally agree. Evansville took a good Xavier team to the final seconds last night on Xavier's home court. And they always give the Shox fits. I'm hoping this year is an exception.

Comment

I will take an undefeated season any time even though it can add some pressure. Hopefully what will happen then is we get a 2 or 3 seed for the tournament and we play even angrier. Seriously, way too many games to go. We have all seen us lay eggs even in our own barn.

Comment

going undefeated is like the cherry on a sundae...sure its nice, but that's not what you paid for...:bball_spin:

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
            Not a chance we'll run through the Valley unscathed, regardless of what we do against TN or Bama. Every year, we lose a game that makes you scratch your head, (Evansville (2x) and SIU last year, Drake the year before that).

We will be everyone's Superbowl when we go to their place. Odds are, we'll encounter one team who is having the game of their lives and we have one of our worst showings of the year. I actually want a loss here or there.

Can you imagine running the table and going into the NCAA's with that big goose egg in the L column though? Talk about the opponent getting up for a game to be the team who not only eliminated us, but gave us our first loss. I would love the media attention, but I would not want that type of pressure on the boyz. It'd be fun and interesting though.
            This. Almost nobody ever goes through an entire conference undefeated, even in the weakest of conferences. Remember a couple years ago when Murray State had a shot? They choked. Everybody ends up choking at some point. I don't think we'll be any different. And Indiana State and Evansville both have played at least well enough to show that they are capable of contesting on a given night, even if we don't go out and lay an egg. Reality of playing in the Valley is that the bottom feeder teams somehow find a way of rising up at least once or twice a year and knocking off somebody near the top -- Evansville, SIU, etc., always find a way to do that. Can't imagine this year will be any different.

Let's just focus on Tennessee first.

Comment

I'm going to trust we have certified our boys as MTXE Grade A ready and go for undefeated.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by GitmoYellowandBlack View Post
                This. Almost nobody ever goes through an entire conference undefeated, even in the weakest of conferences. Remember a couple years ago when Murray State had a shot? They choked. Everybody ends up choking at some point. I don't think we'll be any different. And Indiana State and Evansville both have played at least well enough to show that they are capable of contesting on a given night, even if we don't go out and lay an egg. Reality of playing in the Valley is that the bottom feeder teams somehow find a way of rising up at least once or twice a year and knocking off somebody near the top -- Evansville, SIU, etc., always find a way to do that. Can't imagine this year will be any different.

Let's just focus on Tennessee first.
                The act is old and tired. When you came here to troll, it would have been much more respectable to just be up and front about it, instead of insulting everyone's intelligence trying miserably at pretending to be a WSU fan.

As to your post, I remember Creighton choking to Evansville many times. Fun stuff.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  The act is old and tired. When you came here to troll, it would have been much more respectable to just be up and front about it, instead of insulting everyone's intelligence trying miserably at pretending to be a WSU fan.

As to your post, I remember Creighton choking to Evansville many times. Fun stuff.
                  I'm not sure why you insist on suggesting I'm a Creighton fan. I didn't say anything about Creighton in this post or, for that matter, anything that you can even make an intelligent or coherent response to. You sound very much like a 5 year old responding to simple facts and clear thoughts with some completely irrelevant attempt to insult me with baseless and completely wrong accusations.

It's really sad that suggesting that almost nobody in any conference ever goes undefeated, pointing out how the bottom teams in our conference manage to knock off the top teams every year, and referencing a completely different conference somehow forces you to freak out and call me a fan of some other team that I haven't even made any reference to in this discussion. I guess reality is really hard for you.

Comment

Fever, what was that post about? Very strange. Gitmo's post seemed tame enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                      Apparently anyone who looks at anything associated with our program with a remotely critical eye -- not actually criticizing anything, mind you, just suggesting that it won't all be perfect every time out or something -- is automatically a troll Creighton fan. I'm glad some of you can recognize that I didn't say anything to suggest it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by GitmoYellowandBlack View Post
                        I'm not sure why you insist on suggesting I'm a Creighton fan. I didn't say anything about Creighton in this post or, for that matter, anything that you can even make an intelligent or coherent response to. You sound very much like a 5 year old responding to simple facts and clear thoughts with some completely irrelevant attempt to insult me with baseless and completely wrong accusations.

It's really sad that suggesting that almost nobody in any conference ever goes undefeated, pointing out how the bottom teams in our conference manage to knock off the top teams every year, and referencing a completely different conference somehow forces you to freak out and call me a fan of some other team that I haven't even made any reference to in this discussion. I guess reality is really hard for you.
                        Mods, I implore you to ax this clown before it gets ugly. I'm begging.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

What the heck are you talking about Fever?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Mods, I implore you to ax this clown before it gets ugly. I'm begging.
                            Dude, what is your problem? What exactly have I said that has you so upset? Tell me what I've said that is "trolling" and not simply a very reasonable opinion that simply is apparently different from yours? What is it that I've said that makes you feel the need to call me a Creighton fan everytime I say anything at all? Can you give any explanation at all? Or just keep irrationally screaming that it's so?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                              Look at the post history and look at the attempt at subtle shots on conference affiliation. I can 100% guarantee you this is a Creighton troll. If the mods want to confirm an IP address in Florida, I even would know the Creighton troll specifically.

It's pathetic, sad, desperate, and shows CU Troll's insecurity with WSU and its stature.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

drugs kill

Comment

Working...
                                X