Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were all (at least a lot of us) are thinking this...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won't speak for @_kai_:, but Fever, you're the one getting close to the edge now. You suspect he's a CU fan. Fine. That's your prerogative, and you've shared it multiple times now. Suspicion is not evidence. If you can't accept his viewpoint because of your suspicion, stop responding to his posts. It's not your fight anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Look at the post history and look at the attempt at subtle shots on conference affiliation. I can 100% guarantee you this is a Creighton troll. If the mods want to confirm an IP address in Florida, I even would know the Creighton troll specifically.

It's pathetic, sad, desperate, and shows CU Troll's insecurity with WSU and its stature.
      I'm not sure why living in Florida would somehow make me not a WSU fan? Pretty sure there are Shocker fans everywhere. That said, I'm not anywhere near Florida, so I guess your wild speculation is off base there, too.

Again, point to the posts that make me a troll. Yeah, I've commented on how the Valley is pretty watered down this year. UNI has looked terrible. SIU has been dreadful for a couple of years. Illinois State seems really inconsistent. Drake looks bad. Evansville is Evansville. Is any of that wrong? How does that make me a troll, when lots of people have specifically posted things about wishing we were in a different/better conference this year? Everyone of those posters a troll in disguise, too?

Are you seriously suggesting that "subtle" posts about the Valley being pretty down this year make me a troll? Are you suggesting the Valley is some kind of a powerhouse this year? If so, you're more delusional than I thought. I hate that the conference is down this year. I hate that we don't have a built in rival in conference this year. It only potentially hurts us if/when we actually do lose to anyone in conference. It hurts our national perception as the season goes on. It likely means we get a lower seed than we deserve. Etc. I absolutely wish Creighton was still in our conference so we could beat them three times this year -- doing so would help us with all of the unwarranted media love that coach's kid gets. It sucks that they were gifted a chance to play in a conference that will be overvalued and where any wins will be inflated, losses overlooked, etc. I wish it was us that got into that conference. I can't imagine that I'm the only WSU fan that feels that way -- and if feeling that way somehow makes me a closet Creighton fan in disguise in your eyes, then you've lost all grip on reality.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        I won't speak for @_kai_, but Fever, you're the one getting close to the edge now. You suspect he's a CU fan. Fine. That's your prerogative, and you've shared it multiple times now. Suspicion is not evidence. If you can't accept his viewpoint because of your suspicion, stop responding to his posts. It's not your fight anymore.
        I've taken the necessary steps at reporting posts, like the mods have asked, and they have either not gotten to them or have been blatantly ignored. And this is why this is unnecessarily escalating into what it is. I can't believe I'm the only one bothered by a CU fan impersonating a WSU fan, trolling here, and taking subtle shots at the program because of their ELITE BIG EAST league they're now in.

But of course, since I'm over the top, I'm the bad guy. Instead of eradicating the troll, you continue to err on its side and allow it to post whatever it wants, whenever it wants.

My radar clearly is never right...
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Reporting a post because you think someone isn't who they say they are is not cause for deleting a post or banning a user.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            Reporting a post because you think someone isn't who they say they are is not cause for deleting a post or banning a user.
            May I ask what is required for banning? So as long as trolls try to be "sneaky" about their identities, and as long as the shots are just subtle, everything is ok?

Whatever.

Let it continue then.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Fever, we are all wondering what "shots" you claim that Gitmo has taken. Why not quote one or two "shots" instead of rambling like a conspiracy theorist. You almost sound paranoid at this point. It's weird, even by your standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                Fever, we are all wondering what "shots" you claim that Gitmo has taken. Why not quote one or two "shots" instead of rambling like a conspiracy theorist. You almost sound paranoid at this point. It's weird, even by your standards.
                Read the post history. It really isn't very subtle.

I disagree with Fever about a LOT of things. This isn't one of those things.

Comment

I just re-read most of Gitmo's posts. Even if what you said was true and he was a CU fan in disguise, he hasn't said anything offensive, or even all that wacky, in any of them. If some CU fan wanted to be a undercover poster of rational thoughts that a WSU fan might post, it would be sad for the CU fan, but not really anything to get up in arms about, or even to care about for that matter. What's he going to do? "Slightly negative post about WSU" us to death?

My goodness. I agree with ABC.

Comment

I just re-read most of Gitmo's posts. Even if what you said was true and he was a CU fan in disguise, he hasn't said anything offensive, or even all that wacky, in any of them. If some CU fan wanted to be a undercover poster of rational thoughts that a WSU fan might post, it would be sad for the CU fan, but not really anything to get up in arms about, or even to care about for that matter. What's he going to do? "Slightly negative post about WSU" us to death?

Drugs kill, huh?

Very childish of the guy trying to "adult" everybody around.

I don't like a WSU board's intelligence to be insulted. I don't like that opposing posters think they can run around on this site and proclaim their Creighton "eliteness" like we care. It's a form of trolling. Supposedly, it is against forum rules, but who knows anymore?

A fan can make their ignorant BIG EAST statements if they want to, but to put on a WSU costume in the process?

And I'm the one on drugs.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Two options, either:

1. The fan in question is a WSU fan, in which case prolonged personal attacks and ban attempts are counterproductive.

or

2. The fan in question is a CU troll, in which case derailing multiple threads to expose them has done far more to troll Shockernet than the original poster ever could have with the posts they made.

Either way, the whole thing is pointless.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

To jive in the same response as @The Mad Hatter:, the whole thing is pointless. Take it to PM guys, please.

Is it Saturday yet?
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

All of my posts are pointless too, but I don't have anybody to PM but myself. And that got boring pretty quickly because I filled my own friggin' inbox in like 2 minutes.

I'm gonna buy a fern.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

That sums it up nicely. Thanks, JH4P.

Comment

But if the troll is posting in 43 threads, it's kind of hard to avoid it.

How hard is it to just hit the "ban" button? Or have we already done too much of that in the past?
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'll just leave this here and hope I don't get hammered and drawn into this thread, or even banned:

I would share SF's feelings that Gitmo is a Blowjay troll. I believe I was the initial SN poster - or close to it - that mentioned this possibility after his very first entry. His initial posts here were extremely suspect, and he sure seems content to fan the flame - something that is not typical from a new poster right out of the gate. Additionally, there is a very active poster on the Blowjay forum with essentially the same name. I believe in law enforcement they might call this sort of commonality "probably cause."

The parties with financial connection to SN would do well to consider that there is a new, and rapidly growing WSU forum who has set out to be the anti-SN. One such related thrust of this new forum is not putting up with intruders/trolls. Instead of talking down or banning WSU posters who get a little too animated (I can be guilty of such), perhaps SN should consider being more proactive at weeding out the fuel of these encounters - the pseudo-posters who's entire point of forum existence is to initiate engagements.

The complete tolerance of non-WSU trolls/flamers on SN has always perplexed me a great deal. Out of all the forums I am active on, this is the only one where posters who's only point of existence is to start problems from an outsider angle are tolerated, and where valid posters are talked down after they react to such. It is a really weird dynamic.

For the record I have no login at that other WSU forum, but situations like we have here are more than enough to give me pause over that fact.
                                Last edited by SHOCKvalue; December 11, 2013, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X