Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were all (at least a lot of us) are thinking this...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were all (at least a lot of us) are thinking this...

Could Wichita State run the table? John Gasaway, in his Insider mid-major rankings, explains: "Instead of surprising you with an off-the-wall choice for the top spot, allow me to explain why tapping the only mid-major currently ranked in the AP Top 15 is absolutely essential. Wichita State has one of the best defenses in the nation, period. Every opponent except one this season has been held under a point per possession, and the exception to that rule, DePaul, trailed by 13 or more for the entire second half before losing by 18. [...] If Wichita State were to prevail at home against Tennessee this weekend and then win at Alabama next week, the moment will have officially arrived to start speculating about this team running the table in the regular season. Those odds would be long, no doubt, but with Creighton now safely tucked away in the Big East, the Shockers may have a shot."

What we're reading Tuesday afternoon. Submit suggestions via Twitter. Give Tad Boyle credit for smart scheduling: Between now and Dec. 21 -- when his Buffaloes play Oklahoma State at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas -- Colorado has just one game, a home tuneup against Elon.

It's like a no hitter in baseball. We shouldn't be talking about it. At least that's my stance.

Comment

Because of course, our "talking about it" or "not talking about it" is truly what decides the Shockers' fate.

I never have understood superstitions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
        Because of course, our "talking about it" or "not talking about it" is truly what decides the Shockers' fate.

God you're annoying.

Did school have an inservice today or something?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Because it's baseball. That's all you need to know.

But it's certainly ok for everyone other than those in the dugout to talk about the no-no, hence the constant break-ins by the ESPNs of the world. Talk away I say. These fellas could do it. But it is a serious long shot for any team. That sure puts a lot of pressure on you in the NCAA tournament. Oh well. We are becoming used to the Shox overachieving.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post

You seem to be one of the more rational guys on the board, but you can not see the rationale in one wanting to believe in a superstition?
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Comment

1.7% chance is the odds as of today

Comment

What's more likely this scenario or winning the St Lewis tourney?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                    What's more likely this scenario or winning the St Lewis tourney?
                    High because that tournament isn't played in St. Louis. Everyone knows we can't win a tournament there. St Lewis on the other had.....we will boatrace every team.
                    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      1.7% chance is the odds as of today
                      I wonder what game it would go over 50%. I'm guessing it will go up considerably if we beat UT and Bama but it will probably still be below 10%.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                        You seem to be one of the more rational guys on the board, but you can not see the rationale in one wanting to believe in a superstition?
                        I see the rationale in wanting to believe in a superstition the way I see the rationale in wanting to believe I could actually win powerball and $100 million. It is fun to think it could happen, but I'm capable of separating my imaginary dream world from reality.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                          Could Wichita State run the table? John Gasaway, in his Insider mid-major rankings, explains: "Instead of surprising you with an off-the-wall choice for the top spot, allow me to explain why tapping the only mid-major currently ranked in the AP Top 15 is absolutely essential. Wichita State has one of the best defenses in the nation, period. Every opponent except one this season has been held under a point per possession, and the exception to that rule, DePaul, trailed by 13 or more for the entire second half before losing by 18. [...] If Wichita State were to prevail at home against Tennessee this weekend and then win at Alabama next week, the moment will have officially arrived to start speculating about this team running the table in the regular season. Those odds would be long, no doubt, but with Creighton now safely tucked away in the Big East, the Shockers may have a shot."

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...takes-a-breath
                          Not me, Reaper. Too many things that can go wrong in any given game, and some dangerous games on the schedule even in the Valley (not to mention WSU's annoying habit of finding a way to lose a seemingly non-dangerous game -- SIU, anyone? -- or so each year). Plus, the right people have to avoid sickness and injury at the right times. So going unbeaten is among the furthest things from my mind. I'll be happy if WSU is still unbeaten after its upcoming SEC encounters, and I don't expect an 18-0 Valley record, either.

Comment

Two of the tougher non-conference games are coming up. Win those and I think a thread can be started about the possibility. I won't give it serious consideration unless the team makes it past the Feb. 5 game at Indiana State undefeated.

Comment

if we take care of tennessee this saturday, i'll start whistling stevie wonder tunes. would LOVE a UNLV-style beatdown
                              Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X