Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were all (at least a lot of us) are thinking this...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    I'm gonna buy a fern.
    It will grow better fertilized by a cow patty fermented in the hot Texas sun...just sayin. By the way I want the Shockers to win Saturday.

Comment

I'll post over here as well to since it's spread to all these different threads. Take it to PM.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
        I'll just leave this here and hope I don't get hammered and drawn into this thread, or even banned:

I would share SF's feelings that Gitmo is a Blowjay troll. I believe I was the initial SN poster - or close to it - that mentioned this possibility after his very first entry. His initial posts here were extremely suspect, and he sure seems content to fan the flame - something that is not typical from a new poster right out of the gate. Additionally, there is a very active poster on the Blowjay forum with essentially the same name. I believe in law enforcement they might call this sort of commonality "probably cause."

The parties with financial connection to SN would do well to consider that there is a new, and rapidly growing WSU forum who has set out to be the anti-SN. One such related thrust of this new forum is not putting up with intruders/trolls. Instead of talking down or banning WSU posters who get a little too animated (I can be guilty of such), perhaps SN should consider being more proactive at weeding out the fuel of these encounters - the pseudo-posters who's entire point of forum existence is to initiate engagements.

The complete tolerance of non-WSU trolls/flamers on SN has always perplexed me a great deal. Out of all the forums I am active on, this is the only one where posters who's only point of existence is to start problems from an outsider angle are tolerated, and where valid posters are talked down after they react to such. It is a really weird dynamic.

For the record I have no login at that other WSU forum, but situations like we have here are more than enough to give me pause over that fact.
        Ricky, I can only wish I could get my point out as clearly and fluidly and with all the right words. Thanks.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

In my experience on message boards, when admin try to be strong and forceful, more often than not they do more harm than good. I would much rather have a “well behaved troll” allowed to stay than have “true fans” censored when they are occasionally mistaken for trolls by overly aggressive admins.

Comment

My two cents. And I'm not very smart so take it for what it's worth, which is probably more like one cent...

1. Fever is right
            2. I still like all of it, though and I enjoy reading the banter as much as other "more useful" content.
            3. We debate realism versus sunshine pumping and we debate facts versus fun and we debate trolls versus die hards... And whatever else....ALL THE TIME. It needs to be fun. There is nothing to win here.

That is all :)

Comment

Can Cold come out and play, PPPPLLLLLEEEEESAAAAAASSSSSEEEEE?????????
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                In my experience on message boards, when admin try to be strong and forceful, more often than not they do more harm than good. I would much rather have a “well behaved troll” allowed to stay than have “true fans” censored when they are occasionally mistaken for trolls by overly aggressive admins.
                Here's the problem. This troll is not well behaved when they are trying to deceive you as being a Shocker fan. And secondly, true fans have been banned on this site while trying to defend the place from trolls. It's all kinda backwards in my opinion.

I think the rules on trolling/opposing fans are right on and nicely written. The problem is that they are never enforced.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Check your PM fever, and everyone stop.
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                  X