No announcement yet.

Tennessee Pregame Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play angry and let's show them Vols how real basketball is played.

Comment

CJ, Darius and Kadeem will have difficulty staying out of foul trouble in this one. Likewise, UT's bigs have experienced foul trouble in their losses. We need to take it at them down low and knock their guys out first. It could be trouble if we have to use Evan to guard any of their big fellas for more than about a minute.

Comment

I, personally, keep waiting for Evan -- and I will not give up on him. His shot will return and when it does he will be a steady contributor just like he was before he went down.

Comment

I should clarify- that wasn't kicking Evan while he's down. I just think it would be an atrocious defensive matchup for us down low.

I am sure Evan will step up and regain his form at some point.

Comment

WU 78
            Tn 66
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
              I, personally, keep waiting for Evan -- and I will not give up on him. His shot will return and when it does he will be a steady contributor just like he was before he went down.
              I watched the pregame shoot around, prior to the ORU game.

Evan put up a 3 ball shot from the right side, 45 degree angle. It was not a goof around for fun shot. The ball went over the iron, hit the backboard and bounced toward the scorer's table. It was a very ugly shot.

During the game, Evan put up a 3 ball, which was very ugly. It was flat and ugly, but it did draw iron. Coach Marshall immediately subbed for Evan. The reason for the substitution may not have anything to do with the shot.

Something is wrong. Evan may have lost confidence in his shot and his head is spinning.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                I watched the pregame shoot around, prior to the ORU game.

Evan put up a 3 ball shot from the right side, 45 degree angle. It was not a goof around for fun shot. The ball went over the iron, hit the backboard and bounced toward the scorer's table. It was a very ugly shot.

During the game, Evan put up a 3 ball, which was very ugly. It was flat and ugly, but it did draw iron. Coach Marshall immediately subbed for Evan. The reason for the substitution may not have anything to do with the shot.

Something is wrong. Evan may have lost confidence in his shot and his head is spinning.
                I have no information regarding the injured finger, except that it was his pinky on his shooting hand. It is possible that the repaired finger is not in the same position as before, does not have the strength as before, or somehow gives a different feel than before. Or maybe it is totally a confidence thing. But as I watehed Evan last season, I was never comfortable with him shooting 3-balls UNTIL they went in. I always thought they were flat. Each of his shots were "no....yes" type shots with me. Evan adds so much to the team, I just hope he can find his way to shooting 50% inside the arc and 30% beyond the arc.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                  Evan is in the unenviable position of having to make a few before he can make a few. (Yogi would be proud of that one). He just isn't shooting as if he thinks his shot is going down. As much as just about anything in sports a good shooter has to have a lot of self-confidence and a short-memory.

It could be a physical thing, or the physical thing may be contributing to the mental thing. I wonder if he has any lingering nerve damage in that little finger that could be effecting his "feel".

Comment

He's only shot eight 3pt shots and 16 total on the year. Pretty small sample.

Comment

I would probably tape Evan's right pinky to his right ring finger, make him change his shoe laces and wear his jockstrap inside out. Sort of like Romeo's instructions to Tin Cup McEvoy at the US Open. Getting him thinking about something other than his shooting. It's just amazing I'm not a coach.

Comment

How about a garter belt?

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                          How about a garter belt?
                          I'll see if I can run down Nuke Laloosh.

Comment

Let me get this right, out of the gate. I like Evan a lot. He is really struggling but giving great effort. I sat near his dad at the Tulsa game and Evan gave great effort on the boards and on defense. He was solid and effective.

However, his shooting???????

I watched him before the ORU game and during half time exclusively and he struggled. In fact I counted 1 for 10 during half time. I don't know what is going on but something is............

I don't know if it's just confidence or something mechanical and I couldn't tell.

I hope he figures it out as he will be important to our long term success.

Comment

Tekele Cotton...

Nuff said.

Comment

His shot is not having a noticeable effect on his rebounding, and defense. But he was a great shooter for the first 8 games last year, so you know that he can do it. It's just a matter of time and his confidence will come back.

Comment

Working...
                                X