Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Nope. Wrong again.

Well, the winning was 9... :-)
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
      Uh oh...Gonzo Martin gone and said it!

From the Eagle: The Shockers own an equally strong reputation for rebounding, as Martin knows from his three seasons in the Missouri Valley Conference at Missouri State.

“They rebound and they have a lot of size for that level,” Martin said. “That’s how they impose their will on teams at that level. You’ve got to be physical to compete against them. If you’re not physical, it’s going to be a long night.”
      Attn: Cuonzo Martin,

How did our "level" of size and physical nature work out for you? I'll hang up and listen.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post

How did our "level" of size and physical nature work out for you? I'll hang up and listen.
        Do you see anything in his quote that you disagree with? There's no team in the Valley like us. He's completely right.

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose View Post
          Do you see anything in his quote that you disagree with? There's no team in the Valley like us. He's completely right.
          1. He used the "L" word. Although l did wonder if Suellentrop may have purposely loaded the question with it to make him answer in a way that could be printed to rile us up. That would be crafty journalism, right? :)

2. You would never go out of your way to say those comments the way Gonzo did with multiple references to the MVC being a lower level unless you had some real BCS disrespect for it. Obviously he's not wrong about the MVC, but I suppose I still enjoy pointing it out when it gets said.

I just don't think a guy says that if he doesn't think his guys are a notch above ours too. If you thought our bigs would go toe to toe with yours, you wouldn't say things that might downplay their ability. Saying we out-physical this level (mvc) implies "but that wont be the case against us today because we are on a different level than their conference" and then when you come out and get handled inside by that team...? it kinda makes you look like maybe you are on "this" level that we normally play against. Again, hes correct in what he actually said, but it just seemed like an interesting way to put it. It also makes him look like an idiot.
          Last edited by Dave Stalwart; December 16, 2013, 11:02 AM.

Comment

I just wonder what level he thinks his team is on now?

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose View Post
              I'm sure that's the intent he was searching for.

Comment

I'm sure that's the intent he was searching for.
                The Valley is physical but not athletic.

Comment

• A better way to have said it is, "they have a lot of size for a team in a traditionally guard-dominated league".

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    A better way to have said it is, "they have a lot of size for a team in a traditionally guard-dominated league".
                    "They are HUGE compared to that crappy team that underpaid me."
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                    X