X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shox 92
    Vols 78

Comment

Oh maaaan. The Southwest High School Star Trek enthusiast club is having a $1 all-you-can-eat pancake feed right at the same time as tip-off. Word is one of them is even going to dress up as a Klingon. Tough call, $1 pancakes with a Klingon or Shockers @ Intrust?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Comparative Stats from StatSheet

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

This is a game where we could really see this team achille heel be exposed - it big Men. They have to hold their own in this game.

Comment

Didn't want to start a new thread but here's statsheet WSU vs KU

Just for kicks,I decided to look at WSU/KU match-up statistically. Hard to believe their FT defense is better than the Shockers. LOL

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Oh maaaan. The Southwest High School Star Trek enthusiast club is having a $1 all-you-can-eat pancake feed right at the same time as tip-off. Word is one of them is even going to dress up as a Klingon. Tough call, $1 pancakes with a Klingon or Shockers @ Intrust?
              Would that Klingon be male or female?

Comment

This game worries me because Tennessee is very good on offense but just average on defense. Because they're playing a top 10 team, they'll probably play hair on fire defense and make this game very close. FVV hits a dagger late to make it:

WSU 65
                Tenn 61

Comment

It's funny. The Vols fans spend most of their time and energy correcting each other. No one seems to want to bother to look up ANYTHING.

As WuDrWu posted on that thread - this will be a fun atmosphere and a great game.

--'85.
                  Last edited by Shocker85; December 8, 2013, 05:25 PM.
                  Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Remember....
                    Nothing sucks like a big orange!!

Comment

My 22 year old son and I are currently planning to make the trip to Wichita and IBA. We have been there several times, but this time, we actually plan on being in town by 11 am for food and beverage. Where, oh where will the Shockernetters be warming up?
                      Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

I am sometimes critical when I read the posts on this board and wonder why some posters are not better informed. Then I read VolNation for about 20 minutes.

ShockerNet is filled with college hoops nobel laureates.

Comment

I particularly loved this gem:

Early is their best player, not Baker. Baker may average the most points, but that's strictly because of the attention Early draws. Cleanthony Early is in the 1st round of most mock drafts, Baker isn't in any round of most European drafts.
                          Now, don't get me wrong, I love Cle. But if you knew anything about us thus far, you'd know who are MVP and best all-around player is right now. Baker certainly isn't doing his thing because of Cle getting attention.

It would look better that if you don't know what you're talking about, to just simply stop typing. That seems to be a reoccurring theme with Tennessee fans.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            I particularly loved this gem:

Now, don't get me wrong, I love Cle. But if you knew anything about us thus far, you'd know who are MVP and best all-around player is right now. Baker certainly isn't doing his thing because of Cle getting attention.

It would look better that if you don't know what you're talking about, to just simply stop typing. That seems to be a reoccurring theme with Tennessee fans.
                            IMHO, the real point is that if you're facing WSU, you better not leave either one of them unaccounted for. That is a great position to be in, if you're a Shocker.

Comment

should be a great game, son and I am going. we need to sell this out, national t.v. and we will need to give max effort and work from the inside-out. I think the bigs are settling in and Chadrack and CO. seem more comfortable which means this team is going to be hard to stop. The one thing all our big men can do is shoot freethrows and also run the floor. I just hope we dont come out cranking 3s, work the off. and a solid start and we will win by 15.

Comment

One of my buddies is a UT grad and the loser has to pay for 4 diners.

Come on Shocks, play tough and bring home #10.

Comment

Working...
                                X