Tennessee Pregame Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennessee Pregame Thread

Anybody up for some fun reading? Apparently, we haven't played anybody. They're the best team on our schedule. We're overrated. Our #11 ranking is unjustified. They should handle us. They have better guard play. We are unimpressive.

Did I miss anything?

Haven't seen a bigger group of ignoramuses in quite a while.. maybe since Ohio State? Please send this link to Marshall and the team. And then let the beatdown commence.

I mean with L's to Xavier and UTeP and a single-digit win over powerful USC Upstate, I can see why we should be so afraid of the vaunted Vols.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Anybody up for some fun reading? Apparently, we haven't played anybody. They're the best team on our schedule. We're overrated. Our #11 ranking is unjustified. They should handle us. They have better guard play. We are unimpressive.

Did I miss anything?

Haven't seen a bigger group of ignoramuses in quite a while.. maybe since Ohio State? Please send this link to Marshall and the team. And then let the beatdown commence.

I mean with L's to Xavier and UTeP and a single-digit win over powerful USC Upstate, I can see why we should be so afraid of the vaunted Vols.
    I'm on page 3 of that thread and I've only seen 1.5 posters say they'll beat us.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

We will get handled. - 1 vol fan

Also none of them know how to internet research
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
        I'm on page 3 of that thread and I've only seen 1.5 posters say they'll beat us.
        I counted 3. But out of about 8 total posters that have posted in that thread, that's a decent percentage. Not all of the posters there are ignorant idiots. I'm just giving you a recap of what I read over there that was on the ignorant side.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The Vols are big, their top 7 players go 6'6", 6'6", 6'6", 6'8", 6'8", 6'5" and 6'2". It's no secret that they'll attempt to use Stokes and Maymon to dominate us down low. In fact, want a preview of what Shaq Mo might look like for us, watch Maymon as they are almost identical body wise.

It'll be a game in the high 50's to 60's I'm guessing based on two defensive minded teams. Obviously, we can't go out and pull one of our patented slow starts again against this squad. We've got to scheme like we did against L'Ville, cram everyone down low to limit drives to the basket and their big men and make the Vols beat us on the perimeter. They're not too particularly good from the outside.

It'll be a nail biter, but hope its a complete obliteration by us on them.

Comment

It was interesting reading their game thread. Most of their posters were very respectful of WSU but many had not done much research on the Shockers or the game yet. Tennessee is going to be a very tough opponent. They are very tall and their guards are very good. I hope our team comes out and plays Angry right from the start of the game.

Comment

Here's the deal. Athlon predicted they would finish 3rd in the mighty SEC. However, our beloved Shocks will be volunteering to go 10-0. Jordan McRae will be covered with Cotton with a twist of Baker. Stokes is an NBA prospect I have read. This is a win that will look nifty on our resume'. We need to play solid most of the game and not just half of it, and we will. Thus, we can keep our undefeated reign at Intrust and come out of this game at 10-0. Look for Cle to have his biggest game this Season because he is Early and never late to the big show. Wiggins will lead the storm of Shocker reinforcements that wear our foes down to a mild roar with a dose of fresh Shock Treatment.

Cuonzo--not a Shocker fan favorite--61

Marshall 40 minute Plan--------------70
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Last year the guy that hurt us most was Trey Golden, who had 25 points and 5 assists, Carl Hall had 21 and 9 for us, Cle was shut out, EO was nursing a bad ankle and Evan was not playing at all. The rest of the team had subpar shooting nights except for FVV.

For UT, Maymon did not play. So I don't think either team can draw any hard conclusions for this year's game.

Our bigs have to neutralize Maymon and Stokes. From what I have seen of their guards,they are definitely athletic, but nothing we haven't seen already. UT or TU's schedule is nothing to shout about either, so let`s play this game.

I expect to see 10-0 next to our name this next week...

We definitely can and should win this game, but it will take a SLU or BYU effort on both ends of the floor.

Would be great to see two good halves of BB. We get that, and there is no debate...
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I agree if we get two good halves then there aren't many teams that can stay with us. WSU goes to 10-0.

Comment

meh it doesnt surprise, cuz you know they have better athletes so that mean they are cleary better right since they are a BCS team. We have heard this story time after time, and for some odd reason it comes out to be another Shocker Victory.
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

"Worst shooting night ever" always against the Shox.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

I expect this is the first time we really put it together for both halfs, and that it is never really in question. Shox win by 15+.
                        The Assman

Comment

The luckiest team in America will strike again.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Shockers 77,
                            Volunteers 71

Comment

Mr Wiggins loves the IBA.
                              Vol U. 68
                              Wiggy St 72
                              For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                              - said no one ever...

Comment

Working...
                              X