Tennessee Pregame Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    Love it, but why can't they put paint in the, you know, paint?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
      @volsbuzztap: Tennessee Volunteers (Official Site) >> M. Basketball. The @Vol_Hoops Report: Dec. 12 http://buzztap.com/-ImIVVW

Interesting writeup about Vols preparation and their "black ops" practice squad. Also extended interview with Cuonzo about the game.
      In the interview Martin said there's no doubt Baker will play at the next level.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Because the decals will strip right off -- paint not so much, at least not unless you have one REALLY BIG decal.

Comment

Because IBA is a cheap mis-managed dump. There are seats where you have to strain your neck just to see the lane.
          Phi Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
            In the interview Martin said there's no doubt Baker will play at the next level.
            he also talks about us and the MVC. "They're big and physical, that's how they impose their will at that level. They haven't played Tennessee yet."
            'At that level' really? I think coach Martin has gotten a little big for his britches.
            Let's crush them please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
              Because IBA is a cheap mis-managed dump. There are seats where you have to strain your neck just to see the lane.
              While they definitely have mis-managed and fudged up a few things, please again remember IBA is not Koch Arena and was not designed solely for basketball. Go to any non-basketball venue in the country and you are going to encounter similar issues. You're just gonna have to suck it up for one game per year. Unfortunately, it's impossible to have 15,000 lower bowl tickets. Physics doesn't allow it.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I've never set in the upper bowl, but I've had to drink my neck to the right just to see the court, floor seats kinda sucked, I was assaulted by a ticket-taker because my grandpa had an umbrella on a cold rainy night, I've been sold tickets that were already sold, an usher verified, but I was cussed out by a ticket manager. I also sat in an isle that was stupidly closed off on one end by a railing. A one-way road at an arena is not efficient. IBA is a huge example of watch what you wish for...
                Phi Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
                  I've never set in the upper bowl, but I've had to drink my neck to the right just to see the court, floor seats kinda sucked, I was assaulted by a ticket-taker because my grandpa had an umbrella on a cold rainy night, I've been sold tickets that were already sold, an usher verified, but I was cussed out by a ticket manager. I also sat in an isle that was stupidly closed off on one end by a railing. A one-way road at an arena is not efficient. IBA is a huge example of watch what you wish for...
                  Welp, it sounds like you just can't catch a break.

You do realize there's some valid reasons for all of the negatives you pointed out. I can point them out case by case if you want me to.

Again, I acknowledged the fact that they half-assed some things with the building. We agree. By and large, you're going to see everything else at most every other venue. Also again, IBA is not Koch Arena.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• It's weird for me to hear complaints like @Speed:'s. I have walked away happy and have enjoyed myself at every single event I have been to at IBA. All the Shocker games and the few concerts I have been to ran smoothly, the atmosphere was great, the staff were pleasant. I like going there for concerts 100x better than driving out to the Kansas Coliseum. From my perspective the arena is a huge success.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      It's weird for me to hear complaints like @Speed:'s. I have walked away happy and have enjoyed myself at every single event I have been to at IBA. All the Shocker games and the few concerts I have been to ran smoothly, the atmosphere was great, the staff were pleasant. I like going there for concerts 100x better than driving out to the Kansas Coliseum. From my perspective the arena is a huge success.
                      Me too. I really like it, and I'm really looking forward to this game Saturday.

Comment

• There obviously are some problems at IBA. But I think it is 1,000% better than the Colesium.

Comment

• I've been to two basketball games inn the upper bowl and I could see fine. Good experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by swiltar71 View Post
                            he also talks about us and the MVC. "They're big and physical, that's how they impose their will at that level. They haven't played Tennessee yet."
                            'At that level' really? I think coach Martin has gotten a little big for his britches.
                            Let's crush them please.
                            He's probably referring to Final 4 caliber level. Ya know 2nd weekend of NCAA tournament.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

While they definitely have mis-managed and fudged up a few things, please again remember IBA is not Koch Arena and was not designed solely for basketball. Go to any non-basketball venue in the country and you are going to encounter similar issues. You're just gonna have to suck it up for one game per year. Unfortunately, it's impossible to have 15,000 lower bowl tickets. Physics doesn't allow it.
                              It's a non-basketball venue. If you wanna watch a game in a basketball venue, go to Koch. This arena was built with concerts in mind. If you wanna see the game live, go. If you don't want to, don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by swiltar71 View Post
                                Let's crush them please.
                                martin will have them ready for the challenge of play angry street, the physical aspect. they'll embrace that part of the challenge, i would bet (like st lewis did, and everybody else will try to challenge it, too). now, the other aspects of the game?

"at that level"? rick pitino doesn't talk like that. jim boeheim doesn't talk like that. but cuonzo martin and mark turgeon talk like that. hmm..

Comment

Working...
                                X