X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KC Shox:

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
      I wonder if creighton actually missed out on a lot of media attention by leaving the MVC this year and joining the MID MAJOR EAST right before our historic run to 30-0. There would be so much hype between our matchups with them and even though they would lose, they would still be getting a lot of air time. They get a fair amount with McDill I guess. It's too bad it's all over for them in a few more weeks. I'm still expecting a loss @xavier this weekend. They don't have the stones to stay in the top 10 more than a week or so.
      @ShockerFever:

It turns out CU didn't have the stones to stay in the top 10

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
        I don't blame those folks. When you have Duke and UNC dominating that conference for so long, I'm sure they're ecstatic they finally got a chance to get theirs.
        Self imposed ban starting ... Now?
        Originally posted by BleacherReport
        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• CU has got be getting some kind of complex with WSU. No matter in what sport, CU's "greatest" teams are always overshadowed by WSU in that given year.
          I do hope that CU wins the Big lEast this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxForever View Post
            He also tweeted about Indiana State, letting everyone know that the 2nd best team in the MVC just lost to UNI. I doubt he pays any attention to that game whatsoever but for his mental investment in WSU weaknesses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
              CU has got be getting some kind of complex with WSU. No matter in what sport, CU's "greatest" teams are always overshadowed by WSU in that given year.
              I do hope that CU wins the Big lEast this year.
              Outside of "The Throw" at the CWS in '91, and perhaps this year in basketball (still remains to be seen), what exactly are the notable water marks for Creighton athletics? Honest question - that is all I can come up with off of the top of my head. Their seemingly permanent, lukewarm impotence at anything athletically significant is astonishing when one tries to reconcile those data points with the off-base opinion they generally hold of themselves.

The intellectual dichotomy a Creighton fans lives in must be hellish. On one hand they can do nothing but bloviate about their new-found conference, and how they are now finally surrounded by even athletic peers. The other side of their existence subconsciously chimes in with an unwelcome epiphany that the only way a Creighton fan can quantify success is by what they were able to accomplish in the lowly MVC. The road ends there like a book who's final chapter was removed or perhaps never written.

CU is "big hat, no cattle" to the nth degree.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                Outside of "The Throw" at the CWS in '91, and perhaps this year in basketball (still remains to be seen), what exactly are the notable water marks for Creighton athletics? Honest question - that is all I can come up with off of the top of my head. Their seemingly permanent, lukewarm impotence at anything athletically significant is astonishing when one tries to reconcile those data points with the off-base opinion they generally hold of themselves.

The intellectual dichotomy a Creighton fans lives in must be hellish. On one hand they can do nothing but bloviate about their new-found conference, and how they are now finally surrounded by even athletic peers. The other side of their existence subconsciously chimes in with an unwelcome epiphany that the only way a Creighton fan can quantify success is by what they were able to accomplish in the lowly MVC. The road ends there like a book who's final chapter was removed or perhaps never written.

"All hat, no cattle"
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• I posted that CU was over-rated and was taken to task by several Shockernetters.

CU's best basketball success is averaging 18,000 fans a game, and their run of MVC tournament championships. That's really it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

I have no idea how you do it, but you word everything so perfectly.

I've seen Creighton fans attempt to rationalize their struggles in the Big Dance by saying that the Valley never prepared them well enough. Of course, this didn't seem to matter to SIU in 2002, Wichita State in 2006, Bradley in 2006, SIU in 2007, UNI in 2010, or us last year...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      You're right.

No reason to be ecstatic after going 31-0.

When does your post ban begin?
                      Listen up chump. My comment had nothing to do with the lack of media coverage devoted to our season. It was merely addressing UVA's crowd rushing the court. If you've seen two of your conference brethren dominate and swap conference championships between each other and you finally break through, then good for those fans to enjoy.

I know your Shockernet radar is adjusted to maximum, while you chomp at the bit to pounce on anyone who doesn't agree with your propaganda, but seriously dude, you've got issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                        I posted that CU was over-rated and was taken to task by several Shockernetters.

CU's best basketball success is averaging 18,000 fans a game, and their run of MVC tournament championships. That's really it.
                        I share this take.

Comment

• sCUm's best basketball success = Kyle Korver He's nearly 60 years old and still draining 3's in the NBA. Didn't Grant Gibbs start his CU career the year after Korver left? :)

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                            I posted that CU was over-rated and was taken to task by several Shockernetters.

That's why SoW valued those last 2 MVC tourney championships so highly over what the Shocks did last year.

Edit: I still feel one Dougie ambushed another Dougie with that question.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                              Listen up chump. My comment had nothing to do with the lack of media coverage devoted to our season. It was merely addressing UVA's crowd rushing the court. If you've seen two of your conference brethren dominate and swap conference championships between each other and you finally break through, then good for those fans to enjoy.

I know your Shockernet radar is adjusted to maximum, while you chomp at the bit to pounce on anyone who doesn't agree with your propaganda, but seriously dude, you've got issues.
                              A little mad that people don't forget things you type?

Why are you still posting? You're surely not gonna pull an Aces1982 on us, are you?
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• @JasonKingBR: King: Undefeated Wichita State Doesn't Need a Final Four Run to Validate 31-0 Season http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...te-31-0-season via @bleacherreport
                                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                                X