No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder what our latest ranking is in the Mid-Majority Poll :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
      There is plenty to talk about. That's why I'm so sick of the idiots.
      If you think it's bad over here, don't look in the "Games of Interest" thread. They're still going on and on about where Boston College would be ranked in the MVC! LOL!
      I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
      If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
        We won California, which was a bit of a surprise to me. Also some love in Indiana, Illinois (I imagine Fred's influence there), West Virginia, Vermont, and Maine(?!). Strong, strong support in Oklahoma too, which surprised the hell out of me.
        CSB alert. My SIL is a WSU alum and school principal in Maine. She was seated in a café next to a table of 'Cuse fans that were badmouthing WSU. My brother tells me that she lit them up and sent them on their way before they were ready to go. All of the students at Eliot, ME Elementary are big Shocker fans now. Wouldn't surprise me to see a few of them consider WSU in the future.
        One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• When the final buzzer sounded, Wichita Northeast stood and cheered, along with some of the home crowd that decided to change allegiance for the time being. You can't really blame them. The winners were impressive, as always, as they will continue to be if they can play like this.

Wichita State played fast and loose, as if they had gotten together for a pickup game and the rest of the kids on the playground showed up wearing matching uniforms.
          Oh Snap.

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
            The ultimate irony - one message board dbag telling another to stop posting messages telling him what to post.

Honestly, though, for those of you who constantly come on here and gripe about Lutz or Gottlieb or ******* etc., why do you self-flagellate?
            So explain to me why I'm a dbag. Is it because you disagree with me, but rather than simply stating you disagree with me (because that is just too taxing on your brain), you chose instead to just call me a dbag? Is it because I refuse to sit by while one person who seems to despise free will, goes on a profanity laden rant chastising all others whom have chosen to read and comment on an article pertaining to WSU Basketball (which would certainly meet the purpose of a message board such as ShockerNet)? Or is it because you simply derive some perverted thrill from typing dbag on a message board?
            "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• for those people who think KU would be undefeated with WSU schedule

Andy Glockner ‏@AndyGlockner 5m

BTW, Kansas is projected to be around 25-2 vs Wichita State's schedule.
              Expand
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Ha Glockner going to war for us big time on twitter today!!

Andy Glockner ‏@AndyGlockner 13m
                If Wichita's so overrated, contact your school and suggest they go play them at their arena. #crickets

Andy Glockner ‏@AndyGlockner 15m
                I'm not *avidly* pro-WSU, but I find the need to tear down a 27-0 team off a F4 sad. The last unbeaten reg season team was 10 years ago.

Andy Glockner ‏@AndyGlockner 13m
                The argument that this Shockers team would be like 6-7 in the Big 12 is ridiculous. It's not supported by any on-court data we have.

Comment

• Andy Glockner ‏@AndyGlockner 1m
                  "We're way better than you." "OK, play us." "Oh, no. We'd never do that." #CBBscheduling

Comment

• finally listened to gottlieb today. yes, he's all effed up.

lutz was the same old lutz today "wichita state beat a crap mvc team, and that's the story." no, 28-0, only undefeated team in the country is the story. don't let your shocker hate miss out on that one. but then again, you're a columnist, so.. whatevaz.. ku homie

those two are on the same big-12 wavelength. gottlieb (okie stae) and lutz (ku).. two peas in a pod, where wichita state is concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                      finally listened to gottlieb today. yes, he's all effed up.

lutz was the same old lutz today "wichita state beat a crap mvc team, and that's the story." no, 28-0, only undefeated team in the country is the story. don't let your shocker hate miss out on that one. but then again, you're a columnist, so.. whatevaz.. ku homie

those two are on the same big-12 wavelength. gottlieb (okie stae) and lutz (ku).. two peas in a pod, where wichita state is concerned.
                      Lutz talks about us being undefeated all of the time. And he doesn't hate the Shockers or love KU. He's just a crabby old man. He and Gottlieb are nothing alike..

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                        finally listened to gottlieb today. yes, he's all effed up.

This again

The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Glockner killing it. Love that guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                            Lutz talks about us being undefeated all of the time. And he doesn't hate the Shockers or love KU. He's just a crabby old man. He and Gottlieb are nothing alike..
                            nah.. two big-12 homies right there. lutz should recognize the story he has on his hands. but he's just a columnist giving his slanted opinions anyway, so.. mvc sucks, is his slant- same as always. now he FINALLY has some national backup on that one.

and how in the hell could he not mention that the shockers are undefeated?.. even though he rarely does, without mentioning the mvc sucks caveat.

strange- two peas in a pod that seem to know nothing about heart and soul (big-12 blinders).. yet the drive of this team is pretty glaring. will either of them ever mention that? nah..

have a good day, folks.

Comment

• Glockner retweeted another guy saying his simulations showed WSU and KU with the same number of losses against our schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                                So explain to me why I'm a dbag. Is it because you disagree with me, but rather than simply stating you disagree with me (because that is just too taxing on your brain), you chose instead to just call me a dbag? Is it because I refuse to sit by while one person who seems to despise free will, goes on a profanity laden rant chastising all others whom have chosen to read and comment on an article pertaining to WSU Basketball (which would certainly meet the purpose of a message board such as ShockerNet)? Or is it because you simply derive some perverted thrill from typing dbag on a message board?
                                Yeah, probably that last part.

That and I figured you would confirm my suspicion because you don't get it.
                                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Working...
                                X